Mod Request: bug fix chapter 9

MaxwellJinx

Hey there guys!

I come here in hopes that someone will be able to make a mod that fixes a very game-breaking bug that I've stumped upon. It has really made me stuck, because I can't progress in the story anymore, leaving me only the open world with side quests/bounties; which is not necessarily bad, the game is very big with many quests I've yet to complete, however I don't like the feeling of an unfinished story.

The bug in question happened to me in chapter 9, when you get to Altissia. Soon after I talked with the barman (forgot his name), that secretary lady came and gave me the next quest, "The Summit", in which I had to go to her manor or something. Before that though, the game tells you to go to the hotel to rest. At that point, merely when I entered the hotel the quest updated to go to the mansion. However, I encountered that weird woman Gentianna, which told me something related about the dog Umbra.

So I go to the guy to get some rest, and the option "Call Umbra" shows up, to which I select. Then I find out that you can get back to the open world by selecting "Travel to past Lucis". When I did, it took a looong time to load, and when I got back, I didn't want to do stuff in the open world yet, just progress with the story, so to save time, I loaded an autosave a few minutes earlier, to return to Altissia. That's the last thing I did before the bug made my save stuck.

Now, there isn't even a main quest to select at the list on the menu; just sidequests and bounties. I searched far and wide for people who had encountered this bug as well, and sadly it seems there is no aparent fix that reverses this. I have tried saving, reloading, saving then quitting, resting at the hotel, going back to the "present" when I was in the open world, I tried verifying the game's files as well; NO LUCK AT ALL. This makes me super sad, because the only "fix" found at the moment is getting another save that doesn't have this bug; either by starting a new game or by obtaining someone else's. Though I consider both to be a last resort option, 'cause seriously, who wants to start a new game, being this far ahead? (My current save has 35+ hours)

TL;DR : I would really like a mod that makes it possible to fix the bug in chapter 9 that makes the main quest appear again, to continue the story. I seriously don't know if this is even possible (maybe messing with the quest script files?), even more so with the currently limited functions the tool that SE has released. But anything that can prevent me from "erasing" my save, or starting a new game, would be really really awesome!