PS4, Crysis 3, AC3+MORE!

SubjectProphet

Alright, so recently a lot of information was released publicly, including the PS4. So I'll start there.

While it seems that the web is in a consensus today about a 2013 PlayStation 4 (codenamed “Orbis”) release date, some new information has been released about the processor specs.

Yes, there are a lot of gamers out there who say the PS3 isn’t used to its full capacity; that a PS4 is not necessary yet; but most gamers disagree. Haven’t you ever been playing a game and noticed something jump or twitch in the graphics? That has nothing to do with the game, but with the processor and graphics chip.

But the supposed specs on the PlayStation 4’s processor and graphics chip is heartening. It is said that the PS4 may use the AMD A8-3850 APU and Radeon HD 7670 GPU. Is that a bunch of nonsense to you? If so, we’ll break it down.

The AMD processor is quad-core with a speed of 2.9Ghz, and a graphics chip is already integrated within it. Sony is designing the PS4 to use the AMD APU in sync with the GPU: the Radeon HD 7670. The Radeon GPU is a DirextX 11-enabled card. It has been clocked at 1GHz (yay) with VRAM up to 1GB. That’s a lot of hardcore hardware, the best on the market for PCs currently.

Also, about the Radeon HD 7670: there have been rumors on the web about the Xbox 720 using the Radeon HD 6670. They have nearly identical specs, so the Xbox 720 and PS4 will be very close in terms of graphics (we’re not surprised).

But the place where the PS4 will obviously excel: it’s integration of the APU. Already on the AMD processor is the HD 6650D, which runs lower resolutions than the 7670. In layman’s terms: it will be able to process the baseline specs on games, without touching the more powerful GPU. Two for the price of one, pretty much.

Of course, remember that these are not guaranteed specs on the PlayStation 4, but it would be smart—unless, of course, a more advanced processor comes out before the beginning of next year.

SOURCE- www.sonyps4.com

Crysis 3 is a confirmed thing from EA and is now available for Pre-Order (already have mine down! :biggrin: ) in America, UK, and Canada. The game will take place in New York, though it will be a dense jungle due to the flood that recently came through setting off the chemicals from the spore to go everywhere, causing plants to go crazy and grow massively. It seems based from the boxart that you'll get a mechanical bow, which might also be the choice of weapon for the main character (Alcatraz, CONFIRMED).

Some members of the US military, famous Youtubers, some selected game stores, and a private beta available for certain people are ways of experiencing the early engine of Assassin's Creed 3. The experience has given way for screenshots and videos of the gameplay, proving to be quite amazing. The aspect of the Hidden Blade was confirmed in the game, though only in the first stage. As of right now, during the story the hidden blade Connor has gets replaced by the Tomahawk, thus it will be in the game but for a very short amount of time. The features of the new Animus 3.0 have also been introduced, and the people playing the game quite early are really enjoying it.

Microsoft and Sony are currently banning used games, as the discs and sometimes come modified to a different format than the original, breaking people's systems, harming internet connection through intrusion, etc., so the used games are going to be taken off the market for the PS4 and possible Xbox 720.

Dishonored really set the fire for Bethesda fans as people eagerly wait for gameplay footage and a possible beta. However, some are also really mad because Bethesda is only publishing the game and not making it, and people believe this is a way for Bethsoft to get money.

For what seems like the first time ever, the PS3 is currently outselling all other consoles, putting it at #1 on the list. Yesterday, it sold around double the xbox 360 did.

Skyrim DLC; Dawnguard, Dwemer, Dragon riders, we still don't know. Bethesda only replies to questions concerning the DLC with "soon you will see." That suggests that the DLC will be revealed soon. A picture was also randomly posted with the 1.5 patch post of Facebook and randomly posted alone again today. It features a robed man standing in front of a wooden wall with text on it, and it's outside in a grassy terrain due to the green trees in the background.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No the 7950 and 7970 is the latest as of yet, or the 7800's

the specs are promising though, i hope its not as locked down as they claim it would be, hopefully CD's

I'm just glad that they are using the latest. that means the console games wouldn't have no excuse not to use directx 11. Thanks consoles for finally upgrading so us pc gamers can move along with enovation.

Edited by Thor.

taking out Used games is a horrible idea.

even worse is ive heard rumors that the PS4 wont be backwards compatible. if its not, i just might not get a PS4. when my PS3 dies, then MAYBE. but no backwards compatibility is a huge huge mistake....i really hope they come with like a 120GB SSD. would be sweeeet :cool:

If you think about it going the way of the Quad core is a downgrade from the 8 core cell, why not use the current chips and then upgrade it with a newer gpu. its all there except the newer gpu. unless its a compatibilty issue. All though i highly doubt it sense the last gpu was a Nvidia chip.

Unless the architecture of the chip is flawed in some way??

Edited by Thor.

Reading that was fascinating, thanks for sharing.

But it makes my decision of next-generation hardware somewhat harder. Depending on PS4 pricing, thus far, I'm most likely going to change sides, and buy a PS4. I have to admit I don't know much about consoles, under-the-hood, but that's an aweful lot of power, better than PCs I've owned. Hooray for technological advancement.

I used to keep up with all consoles, but I have such a hard time paying $60 a title. I would much rather pick up 5 games for that price or less on PC. The good thing about the new consoles is that their hardware is decent (modern mid-range) so the games ported to PC will look pretty nice, now if only mouse support would improve a bit :laugh: .

"Microsoft and Sony are currently banning used games, as the discs and sometimes come modified to a different format than the original, breaking people's systems, harming internet connection through intrusion, etc., so the used games are going to be taken off the market for the PS4 and possible Xbox 720."

I'd like to see someone from Microsoft say that is the actual problem. I guarantee that's not their concern.