Vault 88 Caves needs to be bigger

SkyMan91

The DLC vanilla caves are a bit small in all sectors of vault 88. So I want a mod that can expand it. Make the caves more bigger, so I can make the vault bigger. More room to build. Please make it happen. Edited by SkyMan91

• 2 weeks later...

I totally agree. Searched & downloaded every vault 88 mod i could find, but non realy makes it bigger. (Just higher or just a little bit bigger) So i decided to dust off my modding skills and do it myself (it's been about 15 years since i last modded a game (and those where mostly RTS)). Been working on it for a few weeks already, but it's a truckload of work.

Totally redesigned the main cave, which is almost done, but still need to redo the entrance area (who doesn't dislike the wacky 2 way entrance?)

The cave is now about 13 stories high, about 1/3 bigger on the floor, even more higher up. Entrance is at level 6, instead of on the bottom. (so you can build down, as well as up) & added 2 more "tunnels" to new area('s ?) (Area does not exist, yet)

I chose to go for approx. 6 levels down & up since it will allow for building elevators up & down from the entrance level. (the Vault elevator mod only supports 6 levels) Just finnished the new cave ceiling yesterday and it allows to even go up 8 levels at the moment. (8 up from cave entrance, which is already at level 6)

I'm trying to make it look & feel the same as the original, just bigger. Therefor i did not create a big square box to build in but a cave like the original, but that also means its much more work.

I'm doing this just for my own amusement, but might post the mod on Nexus when finnished. On the current rate however, that's going to be weeks or months from now.

There's a lot more i could tell you about it, but this post is long enough already :tongue:

I totally agree. Searched & downloaded every vault 88 mod i could find, but non realy makes it bigger. (Just higher or just a little bit bigger) So i decided to dust off my modding skills and do it myself (it's been about 15 years since i last modded a game (and those where mostly RTS)). Been working on it for a few weeks already, but it's a truckload of work.

Totally redesigned the main cave, which is almost done, but still need to redo the entrance area (who doesn't dislike the wacky 2 way entrance?)

The cave is now about 13 stories high, about 1/3 bigger on the floor, even more higher up. Entrance is at level 6, instead of on the bottom. (so you can build down, as well as up) & added 2 more "tunnels" to new area('s ?) (Area does not exist, yet)

I chose to go for approx. 6 levels down & up since it will allow for building elevators up & down from the entrance level. (the Vault elevator mod only supports 6 levels) Just finnished the new cave ceiling yesterday and it allows to even go up 8 levels at the moment. (8 up from cave entrance, which is already at level 6)

I'm trying to make it look & feel the same as the original, just bigger. Therefor i did not create a big square box to build in but a cave like the original, but that also means its much more work.

I'm doing this just for my own amusement, but might post the mod on Nexus when finnished. On the current rate however, that's going to be weeks or months from now.

There's a lot more i could tell you about it, but this post is long enough already :tongue:

That's awesome, man. Be sure to show us some progress whenever you're ready.

I always wished the vault cave went downwards from the entrance instead of up, so its more like a "dungeon" is that makes sense.

That's awesome, man. Be sure to show us some progress whenever you're ready.

I always wished the vault cave went downwards from the entrance instead of up, so its more like a "dungeon" is that makes sense.

I too always wanted more space going down, mainly so I can build my vault in the classic Fallout 1-2 layout.

• 8 months later...