FallynRayne

FallynRayne

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
In response to post #39761120.

Spoiler

I'm almost certain I disabled auto-saves in the third module so that surprises me. It's always a good idea to do periodic save games when playing a long series. I think I can fix it if you send your .sav file to [email protected] I'll go into the console, set the players in a spot where you can continue and send you the file back. Just reply here if you send me your .sav file since I don't really check that email often.

private1028

private1028

Regular

• Premium Member
  • 57 posts
I ran into a problem during my first fist fight in the Dancing Cat. The Arena Boss wouldn't end the fight and I kept getting more uniforms every time I talked to him. Turned out I killed the first opponent the 1st time so after I reloaded and fought again I only knocked him down the 2nd time ... I had to remove my Monk levels and go straight 4th level fighter instead of 1st level fighter/3rd level Monk. Leveling up in other classes seems to break the game ...

I posted previously about this in Gladiatrix III sorry for messing it up.

I would like to comment on a few areas which could stand to be improved. Implementing a rest timer is procedurally flawed. It does little but interrupt the game flow. It simply compounds the restrictions already incurred by making potions more valuable than magic items. While going through the Kestral Forest I stumbled onto some blink dogs and after the battle tried to rest. Some Dire Wolves wandered too close and interrupted my rest which incremented the rest timer from 4 minutes to 6 minutes. Since it only takes 2 minutes to walk my character back to the city to the nearest comfort pillow this does nothing but detract from game playability. The game already has very long walking distances to travel so this is unnecessary and tedious. It basically serves to artificially extend the length of the game with out adding content - i.e. filler. While the game has many strengths I do not think this is one of them. BIOWARE most likely omitted using a rest timer in NWN for this very reason. I also do not think constantly removing potions adds value to the play through. You seem to have spent a great deal of time developing this mod yet I would think a rest timer and restricting potions is so much wasted effort. Removing both restrictions would restore a great deal of playability. You also could use more npcs - the city core is, practically speaking, a ghost town with almost zero attraction. The use of beds with comfortable pillows seems trite. You would have been better off just allowing the player to rest anywhere instead of having to travel such long distances to a place you can rest. Having only 2 places to store items is also ridiculous. Every time I fought in the arena I kept receiving a free short sword after the match which I had to sell at the inn or the Shroud headquarters.

You obviously spent a great deal of time developing this mod so it doesn't make sense to impose all these inconveniences. They merely detract from the value of your work. Your mod is an artwork but it is still a product in that it follows the same structure as any deliverable - it must be convenient, it must have cost that approximates its value (i.e. in this case the cost in time), and usability/entertainment. The undercover quest in the Bachelor's Inn seemed drawn out and tedious. Stakeouts and uncover espionage always sound more attractive then their actual performance.

(Fortunately I didn't have to go and rest for an entire 3 game days with nothing else to do. Once I tried resting and then returning I discovered I could just exit and enter the inn 3 times to complete the Shroud quest.)

Edited by private1028, 17 November 2016 - 06:26 AM.

Arieanne

Arieanne

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi. I have problem with the mod (Gladiatrix I). Everytime I tried to enter the Plaza and speak with fans they don't start asking me and I can't interact with them. Unfortunattly I can't continue game because Cypher don't talk with me (He told that I must come back after fight in the Arena) and if I return to Arena Foreman, he told me that I must go speak with fans. And that over and over again.

Ps. I'm sorry for my English.

FallynRayne

FallynRayne

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
In response to post #53851943.

Spoiler

Sorry, I haven't checked here in a while so you probably won't see my response or you've moved on to other things. Krystaly should automatically start a conversation when entering the plaza. You shouldn't be able to walk around and speak to people in that scene. It sounds like the auto-conversation didn't trigger when entering the scene. I always recommend making periodic saves so that if something happens that gets you stuck, you can refer back to a previous save.

RenaSkyrim

RenaSkyrim

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hi, I just recently redownload the mod and attempting to play it once more, but this time, I kept getting an error when loading into a new area. I checked the log file, and this is what came out:

1st Instance is when I try to enter the apothecary's basement to take care of the things in there to retrieve the heirloom:

[Wed Jun 24 22:21:07] Player [] () Joined as Server Admin 1
[Wed Jun 24 22:21:07] Player () Joined as Player 1
[Wed Jun 24 22:21:07] Loading Module: 000000 - quicksave\Gladiatrix
Failed to load Door model TN_GDOOR_03.mdl
Unknown Update sub-message

2nd instance is when I boarded the ship and was about to arrive at the gladiator's academy:

[Wed Jun 24 17:13:19] Loading Module: 000000 - quicksave\Gladiatrix
Failed to load Placeable model tnp_rack_a01.mdl
Failed to load Placeable model tnp_rack_a01.mdl
Failed to load Door model .mdl
Unknown Update sub-message

How do I fix this?

I'm having the second issue as well, only I'm running the NWN: EE version.  I like what I see of the module so far, but this is really, really freaking annoying.  I don't think I can patch this to 1.69... any ideas?

FallynRayne

FallynRayne

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts
In response to post #59703396.

Spoiler

Hi Rena. Sorry for the slow response. I don't check the forums as much anymore. I think it is important to run the critical rebuild. Particularly if you are getting errors regarding missing content. Some later editions of NWN messed around with some of the default content that module makers used. Here is the link to the critical rebuild. This goes for anyone getting strange errors in the modules. Running the critical rebuild is a MUST. Hope this helps!

https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/other/patch/169-critical-rebuild-english

lucidraven

lucidraven

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 140 posts
Do you have to play as a Female character? Or can I create my own male elven character in the module? The description doesn't specify if my character has to be female or not.

Edited by lucidraven, 15 October 2019 - 06:28 PM.

55claw55

55claw55

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'll give this mod a 5/10. Short review.
The mod does work on android versions of the game.

It's very linear. That doesn't make it bad it just means that you aren't at all encouraged to search through the maps to find extra goodies as there just simply aren't any.

The main problem I have with this is it's mature content. It's primary focus is non story driven rape scenes. Or the story expects you to flat act like a complete who're. I made it into chapter 3 and after rape after rape I finally got disgusted with it. This seems to be written like a 14 year olds fever dream. That or by 1 terribly sick individual that sees rape as a turn on.

I played DWR and it was a fantastic mod. In its beginning you get raped. It's a story driven narrative throughout both mod. That's not the case here. Nope just rape. More rape for nothing more than watching it happen. I find it disturbingly sick that anyone could be turned on by it.

IronSaxy2

IronSaxy2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Not sure f this is still active, but Tessa and Krystaly portraits won't load for me. Just a gneric blank face portrait

And Krystaly is also missing a torso

Sirinoeles

Sirinoeles

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 181 posts
HELP! I can't atack combat dummy in the barracs.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.237 seconds