Another one (Skyrim update that is)

Crosstieger

Skyrim just got updated to version 1.5.39, which means skse doesn't work anymore.... Anyone of you got news on this?

Seems like:

• Dawnguard.esm
  • Dragonborn.esm
  • HearthFire.esm
  • Skyrim.esm
  • Update.esm
  • SkyrimSE.exe
  • Skyrim.ccc

got updated.

Does anyone have a steam distro link for the version 1.5.23?

Got it: download_depot 489830 489833 7780040377772731640

Thanks for posting the WORKING depot number. I tried a wrong one, got some not working 1.5.3 version and SKSE told me my version was OLDER :O instead :p

Yours work fine, with version 1.5.23 then.

I hate freaking forced updates on anything, now twice more.

How safe is this to use tho ? i mean... when SKSE will be updated (and then we can use the new (forced :p) 1.5.39 exe, would the saves made in between "clean" / not corrupted ?

I have no knowledge on that...

Keeping a good record and backup of my saves before the (bloody forced :p) update.

Big brother is updating your computer when you sleep :p

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn, didn't notice until too late :sad:

Since I am about as mod savvy as I am knowledgeable about train engines, I suppose I shall just bide my time with other games. While I am aware of the process of re-creating an earlier version of the game, I am unsure if it I could pull it off without hurting my current completed character - an Breton Warlord who became a Stormcloak. Unfortunate, since I was working on a new character, a Nord Archmage, that I planned to ally with the Imperial Legion before taking a turn for the Gothic as a new Lord of the Volkihar Vampire Clan. Hopefully SSE is updated before the Beyond Skyrim team plans to release Expedition to Atmora, which may be sometime next year if they get the quests implemented and voice actors recruited.

Edited by CyrusAmell

Thank you! I'm new to all this stuff and was surprised when skse just stopped launching today with that version mismatch error.

For those of you who are 100% new like me and have never used the steam console, here's brief directions:

1. Type steam://nav/console into your web browser. This will bring up the console in the Steam client app.

2. Type the command above, "download_depot 489830 489833 7780040377772731640" into the console window.

3. Steam will tell you where it placed the files, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_489830\depot_489833" in my case. I went to that directory saw there was a new (or rather, old) SkyrimSE.exe. I copied that to the directory where Steam normally runs from. I renamed the old exe just to be safe.

4. Played skyrim again! #winning!

More crap they're trying to sell? have to update SE, Fallout4, and oldrim to fit it in, probably add-ons for the for the homes in hearthfire and other in game items.

pls i'm not modder ... how did you start skse64 ?

Well, if you have skse64 installed you launch the skse64_loader.exe file from your game folder. If you don't not what that is, well I guess you don't have it installed and you don't need to care :laugh:

You're amazing. How did you find it, btw? Been searching around and can't figure out how to get these depot numbers.

Did a 1 minute google job. https://steamdb.info/ seems to be a very usefull site.

You're a boss for posting the download depot number. Thank you.

You're welcome.

Is playing with this old exe version going to be problem if having several SKSE dependant mods? Is this just about replacing Skyrim.exe with the old version or there are other game files updated that would cause problems playing with SKSE modded game?

Skyrim just got updated to version 1.5.39, which means skse doesn't work anymore.... Anyone of you got news on this?

Seems like:

• Dawnguard.esm
  • Dragonborn.esm
  • HearthFire.esm
  • Skyrim.esm
  • Update.esm
  • SkyrimSE.exe
  • Skyrim.ccc

got updated.

Does anyone have a steam distro link for the version 1.5.23?

Thanks for posting the WORKING depot number. I tried a wrong one, got some not working 1.5.3 version and SKSE told me my version was OLDER :O instead :tongue:

Yours work fine, with version 1.5.23 then.

I hate freaking forced updates on anything, now twice more.

How safe is this to use tho ? i mean... when SKSE will be updated (and then we can use the new (forced :tongue:) 1.5.39 exe, would the saves made in between "clean" / not corrupted ?

I have no knowledge on that...

Keeping a good record and backup of my saves before the (bloody forced :tongue:) update.

Big brother is updating your computer when you sleep :tongue:

The depot only contains the exe file. I've been using it since yesterday and I don't see any issues occurring. I don't know if the exe has any dependencies on the esp file (I guess not, but I can be very wrong). If skse gets updates I assume it’s as easy as deleting the exe file, let steam verify game files and download the latest exe file, update skse and continue playing.

The depot only contains the exe file. I've been using it since yesterday and I don't see any issues occurring. I don't know if the exe has any dependencies on the esp file (I guess not, but I can be very wrong). If skse gets updates I assume it’s as easy as deleting the exe file, let steam verify game files and download the latest exe file, update skse and continue playing.

Yeah, no prob understanding how to synchro all things back with the official release once SKSE have been updated. got it already :wink:

But since the core esp(s) you mentionned havent beeing updated (and we didnt reverted those yeah), i m just wondering how an old exe gonna work with those. My modding knowledge is not enough good to know that... like the game possibly crashing (or worse, beeing corrupted on saves for good...) due to the old exe / new esps mistmatch ?

No prob running old exe version with SKSE untill its updated and missing those "new features" i need so much less than my installed SKSE dependent mods really... but having some saves corrupted when everything is synchro again is another matter (i got saves backups so its not a final issue, but would loose those hours played in this case, so...). You see the point ? I might speculate for bad reasons and bad knowledge tho, i dont know... :smile: Basically wondering the same than you about exe - esps dependencies.

I played a couple of hours last night, with restored old version with SKSE, thanks to you again :thumbsup: didnt noticed any problem, that i could rely on the current matter of this topic at least...

Edited by JimFever

Thank you! I'm new to all this stuff and was surprised when skse just stopped launching today with that version mismatch error.

For those of you who are 100% new like me and have never used the steam console, here's brief directions:

1. Type steam://nav/console into your web browser. This will bring up the console in the Steam client app.

2. Type the command above, "download_depot 489830 489833 7780040377772731640" into the console window.

3. Steam will tell you where it placed the files, "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\content\app_489830\depot_489833" in my case. I went to that directory saw there was a new (or rather, old) SkyrimSE.exe. I copied that to the directory where Steam normally runs from. I renamed the old exe just to be safe.

4. Played skyrim again! #winning!

Thanks save my day.....

Indepentent whether you rollback your exe or not, don't forget to re-clean all the master esm files with SSEEdit again (Dawnguard.esm still has to be cleaned twice):

*Update.esm

*Dawnguard.esm (x2)

*Hearthfires.esm

*Dragonborn.esm