>inb4 local man ruins everything.

I wonder if it is possible to create a mod for Darkest Dungeon that changes the setting. I know I know, the grimdark cthulu damnation stuff is he main draw, I get that and I love it. But I was thinking of an idea of resetting the game, with the hamlet instead being a colony you have to build up, with new buildings that serve more purposes (the district system helps with this in the current game, but I like to be able to see all y buildings at once in a lively town setting) the adventurers coming from the old country to explore and conquer the new world and tame the horrors and wonders it holds. Naturally this would require new destinations, dungeon types, hazards, supply types, classes, etc

I heard there was some hard coded limitations in the game that make these kind of mods impossible or unworkable, and before anyone starts anything remotely like this I'd like to know what those limitations are, so we can see if there are any workarounds possible. Posed this on the steam mod discussion board but that place is as dead as nails. Any ideas, lads?