Texture bug - wheres the detail

Baaleos

FYI- In work at the moment, so don't have access to my mod list or screenshots - but can get them later if required.

So I have a mod load order of around 128 mods.
(I will post it if required - but I suspect my issue is not mod related per say)
I have a GTX 1080 TI graphics card with 11gb of memory, and 16gb of ram.
When I run the vram tool - it tells me that I have around 19gb of allocatable dx9 memory.

My load order is clean as per the usual tes5edit procedure.

I have a game that has been reasonably stable, I have played it with no texture or graphical anomalies until now.
The Red Vampire armor - it was appearing normally, but all of a sudden, it is appearing as blocky red color - with no details.
I will try to get a screenshot.

I thought this might have been vRam related, so I upped my enblocal.ini reserved memory and total memory values - for some reason I had it on 6gb for the total memory, instead of a value closer to the 19gb.

Its very likely if I had the correct value in my enblocal.ini - it might not have hit any hard limit on texture vram usage and then wouldnt have tried to save memory by fudging this armor texture.

In any case- I have upped the value and the texture is still busted.
Is there any way to force the game to reload textures?

Its like the save game has marked that armor type as being exempt from loading a texture.
I've unequipped the armor, put it on armor stands - re-crafted it etc

Anyone know of a way to get the game to reattempt texture loading?

Anyway - here is a screenshot of the issue.
Despite being away from the armor for several days in-game, when I equip it on someone or something like a armor stand, the texture is gone.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/921424969101907266/F47EC4827E295CB2B1BA4D5FB150B9E63450182B/

Anyone know a solution for this or how to resolve after it has occured?

I doubt it is vRam related - I don't have 4k textures, only 2k, and my GPU is 11GB and my Ram is 16GB.

• 1 month later...