If you're sick and tired of Bethesda pushing out updates for the Creation Club that affects the FO4 .exe that breaks your mods and your version of F4SE, this guide will show how to revert back to a previous or preferred version. This will be a step-by-step written guide for those who can't or don't want to watch the video that is provided below. This guide is mainly for Steam users, as it REQUIRES Steam to perform some functions that otherwise I don't think would be possible without it.
(This post is pretty much a written guide of a video which will be posted below this guide. The video is outdated but the tutorial itself is pretty much the same.)
Before we begin, you will need to be able to access Steam's Console. If you haven't done this before, to do this:
1. Open Steam. Steam should appear on your taskbar below your screen.
2. Right-click on the Steam icon on your taskbar, then right-click on the other Steam icon.
3. Select Properties.
4. In the Steam Properties window "Shortcut" tab then in the "Target" box should have a file path where your Steam .exe is located in quotes. Add a space next to the file path after the last quote and type in "-console" (without quotes).
5. Hit Apply and OK then restart and reopen Steam. You will know you did this right when you see "Console" to the right of your Steam name.
1A. Press the Window + R on your keyboard (alternatively click on the Start button on the taskbar, then type in "Run", without quotes, in the windows search bar).
2A. In the "Open:" bar in the window that pops up, type in "steam://open/console" (without quotes). This should bring up the Console menu in Steam.
To begin the actual guide now that you have access to the Steam Console:
1. Open "Notepad" or some program that you can write down notes with.
2. Write this down and keep this up for later:
3. Open the Console menu in Steam then STOP! You will not need to do anything with this just yet. Proceed to Step 4...
4. Go to this website (https://steamdb.info/). On the top left of the page is a search bar. In the search bar, search for Fallout 4.
5. On the next page, down below in the search results, look for "Fallout 4", then look for the AppID to the left. Copy and paste 377160 into the AppID section of your notepad.
6. Click on the AppID number of Fallout 4.
7. Down below you will be met with a Store Prices section.
8. To the left of the Store Prices and currency listings, there will some tabs, look for "Depots" in the tabs sections and click on it.
9. In the Depots, look below for "Fallout 4 exe" and to the left of it is the Depot ID.
10. Copy and paste 377162 into your Depot ID section in your notepad.
11. Click on the DepotID number of Fallout 4 exe.
12. On the next page, there is another tabs section. Look for and click on the "Manifests" tab. Scroll below and you will see a "Previous Manifests" section and below that are sections of three, titled (from left to right) "DATE", "RELATIVE DATE", and "MANIFEST ID".
13. You will need the Manifest ID, but in order to find the Manifest ID of the exe version that you need or want, you have to have to find out the date of when the version of the exe was released. Dates September 2nd and October 1st were provided as the same game version (v22.214.171.124), I do not know why that is. Here is a list of the game versions, their dates, and their corresponding Manifest IDS as provided by SteamDB that I checked myself:
November 6, 2015 - 7386298759957269461 - Game Version 126.96.36.199
November 10, 2015 - 7553907635122090419 - Game Version 188.8.131.52
December 7, 2015 - 7612042566863782772 - Game Version 184.108.40.206
February 1, 2016 - 8223208224493270625 - Game Version 220.127.116.11
February 29, 2016 - 561065855179812684 - Game Version 18.104.22.168
February 29, 2016 - 1223018524702781766 - Game Version 22.214.171.124
April 28, 2016 - 4171832287586665837 - Game Version 126.96.36.199
June 2, 2016 - 7403859509353790829 - Game Version 188.8.131.52
June 22, 2016 - 3841151385573379520 - Game Version 1.5.416.0
July 5, 2016 - 4256390838254423912 - Game Version 184.108.40.206
July 12, 2016 - 7219646654335115995 - Game Version 220.127.116.11
August 4, 2016 - 6511655696452118378 - Game Version 18.104.22.168
August 9, 2016 - 8211431421466286359 - Game Version 22.214.171.124
August 12, 2016 - 1742059960355775965 - Game Version 126.96.36.199
September 2, 2016 - 6203898702173216138 - Game Version 188.8.131.52
September 29, 2016 - 4625919591416893257 - Game Version 184.108.40.206
October 1, 2016 - 6203898702173216138 - Game Version 220.127.116.11
October 3, 2016 - 9104427058938884405 - Game Version 18.104.22.168
November 7, 2016 - 4390941999458469838 - Game Version 22.214.171.124
February 6, 2017 - 8319737190284331443 - Game Version 126.96.36.199
August 29, 2017 - 5059113238785214141 - Game Version 188.8.131.52
September 21, 2017 - 7417123819347697483 - Game Version 184.108.40.206
November 7, 2017 - 9105915958081115649 - Game Version 220.127.116.11
November 29, 2017 - 6449513258100364429 - Game Version 18.104.22.168
January 24, 2018 - 3055551067152305307 - Game Version 22.214.171.124
February 28, 2018 - 4586121274247765068 - Game Version 126.96.36.199
May 23rd, 2018 - 1577971768113543910 - Game Version 188.8.131.52
June 27, 2018 - 2144426079840954483 - Game Version 184.108.40.206
July 25, 2018 - 8185771357782410156 - Game Version 220.127.116.11
August 29, 2018 - 5003114936801478504 - Game Version 18.104.22.168
14. This next step is under the assumption that your Fallout 4 game has been updated to (the latest version). But you do not want the latest version. Below the latest version are the previous versions. Find the date that corresponds with the game version you are looking for to find the Manifest ID in the box to the right.
15. Copy and paste the Manifest ID into your Manifest ID section in your notepad.
16. Now go back to the Console menu of Steam.
17. Type in the following text (without quotes) download_depot. Add a space.
18. Copy and paste the AppID number 377160 next. Add a space.
19. Copy and paste the Depot ID number 377162 next. Add a space.
20. Copy and paste the Manifest ID number of the game version you need and then hit enter and then it will proceed to download the preferred game version exe then STOP! Do not close the Console or Steam right away.
21. In the Console, it will show you that the download is complete and it will show you where it downloaded it at. This location may or may not be the same for everyone, but to show where it downloaded for me, here's what it will look like:
22. Inside the (depot_377162) folder is where the exe is located. Drag and drop inside the root Fallout 4 folder where the Fallout 4 exe is at and replace when asked.
23. AND YOU'RE DONE!!! =)
"Fixing F4SE after Creation Club update (Fallout 4 rollback Tutorial)" by Hexi Games
Edited by DiabloInvictus, 01 October 2018 - 12:36 AM.