How To Rollback Fallout 4 Version (Steam)

DiabloInvictus

First time every post on this forum:

You rock man. Not only is this guide informative, easy to understand, and extremely helpful, it goes through all the steps in detail so you can SEE what you're doing. You could just run download_depot 377160 377162 2144426079840954483 to roll back to the last version but this looks easily replicable for other games as well.

Well done!!!!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note to any that are doing this; Some of the latest versions of mods are made to run only with the latest version of FO4. I found this out when I wanted to install FO4 MCM and had an older version that won't work.

This is what I started to do:

In the FO4 game folder, create a folder:

BACKUP. ( Or skip this and just to the next step. )

Create Folder: FO4exe-date - IE: 07-01-2018 ( FO4exe-07-01-2018 )

... Copy current version of FO4.exe to that folder.

Then when an update comes, do the same thing: Create Folder: FO4exe-07-05-2018

... Copy that FO4.exe into the new folder.

Then go to the version you were using: IE: 07-01-2018 and copy ( do not move it ) to the FO4 main directory and you are good to go.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

Or, (since we're on a MODDING site), just download the mod called Fallout4.exe Auto-Backup and when you start up Fallout 4, (and you notice too late that Steam is now updating Fallout4 because you forgot to set it to not update unless you run the game), the mod automatically backs up your Fallout 4.exe so you can restore it, and keep using your current version of F4SE and the Current version of your mods, until F4SE is updated and the Mods that rely on it are updated.

Much easier solution.

"command not found 377160"

That's what I get at step 20 instead of it downloading.

Any ideas?

Not sure if I can help, but here goes:

If you have the Console open in Steam then the line at the bottom should read:

download_depot 377160 377162 8185771357782410156

including spaces. If so you hit Enter and then don't touch anything for a moment. Let it begin it's download. Then goto the file directory the OP points out to find the new Fallout4.exe, then just drag and drop (or Copy and Paste) into the main file directory for your Fallout 4 installation.

• 1 month later...