How To Rollback Fallout 4 Version (Steam)

DiabloInvictus

Hi sunegami. I'm sorry to hear about this. But I'm also sorry to say that unless you have a backup of those files already, we can't help you out. Bethesda/Steam aren't distributing those files any longer, so there's no legal way to get them. :sad:

Also, the nexus has a very strict anti-piracy policy so other than from Bethesda or their authorized vendors would be against the rules here.

Totally agree and sadly the only answer that is " too late " for you ... but moving forward:

Backup recent FO4.exe & the FO4ScriptExtender for it a backup directory.

I can tell you: Fallout4.exe that you are looking for is:

Fallout4.exe - 1.10.130.0 - 06/13/2019

I think you will be seriously challenged to find something from June of last year.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi sunegami. I'm sorry to hear about this. But I'm also sorry to say that unless you have a backup of those files already, we can't help you out. Bethesda/Steam aren't distributing those files any longer, so there's no legal way to get them. :sad:

Also, the nexus has a very strict anti-piracy policy so other than from Bethesda or their authorized vendors would be against the rules here.

Totally agree and sadly the only answer that is " too late " for you ... but moving forward:

Backup recent FO4.exe & the FO4ScriptExtender for it a backup directory.

I can tell you: Fallout4.exe that you are looking for is:

Fallout4.exe - 1.10.130.0 - 06/13/2019

I think you will be seriously challenged to find something from June of last year.

Thanks for letting me know!

Sunegami - Yeah, I'm sorry for the bad news there. :(

JJ- In update 162 They changed the .exe file, the master .esm file, and the interface.ba2 file. in 163 they changed yet another file, to which I'm unaware of which one it was. So yeah, there's 4 files that were changed. 3 of which, not on steam. :down: :mad:

Sunegami - Yeah, I'm sorry for the bad news there. :sad:

JJ- In update 162 They changed the .exe file, the master .esm file, and the interface.ba2 file. in 163 they changed yet another file, to which I'm unaware of which one it was. So yeah, there's 4 files that were changed. 3 of which, not on steam. :down: :mad:

Ya, basically I was telling them the date for which they would have to go back to, which would be near impossible to find or get.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

uhh i just get the messege "Depot download failed : Manifest not available"

Hello. I just checked and re-did the method. Turns out there are certain versions of the game that appear to be no longer available on the steamdb website. Meanwhile a majority of them are still available.

Since I am returning to this post, I will re-update the OP, since there appears to be an issue with certain FO4 game versions no longer being available - but the majority of them still are. I will re-update the post with the current available game versions while also adding disclaimers to the ones that are no longer available.

Method DOES STILL WORK. If you're still having issues after step-by-step instructions, I will also ensure when re-updating, that I will re-write this and with personal testing. Stick around.

EDIT: Once again, IT IS VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO UTILIZE ANY BACKUP MEASURES, INCLUDING MANUAL BACKUP SAVES AND COMMUNITY TOOLS, TO ENSURE THAT YOU ALWAYS HAVE THE GAME VERSION(S) YOU WANT.

Edited by DiabloInvictus

I had everything i needed, correct manifest & depot #s.

I wasn't worried, I had my game set for no auto updates. When I went to play a couple days after that update, after my game not launching, I did the usual checking of my F4SE. Nope, up to date. Everything was fine until I checked my game version. It had auto updated despite my settings. Steam support claimed that, according to agreements with Bethesda, forced updates were being made anyway, for those who had not updated after a certain length of time. (had been 1&1/2 yrs for me) I don' know if the person who responded to my email was blowing smoke about that or not, but they said there would be no re-activating/re-adding the manifest I had been using. End of story.

Needless to say, I was outraged that a game I bought and paid for doesn't seem to belong solely to me. Again, I wasn't thrilled to have my very stable game/load order made into a mess, but a couple of days work on things and I was again ok. I don't appreciate using workarounds to make things stable again, but it is what it is.

Anyway, if you start inexplicably having problems with ctd's when trying to launch your game, see if there has been an unwanted update made. Settings to prevent updates are no longer a guarantee.