Has no one noticed that cure poison potions are pointless?

I've been working on a mod to make some game play changes, one of which was changing poison from being a slight sting of damage for 3 seconds, to a 1-2 minute effect. That way cure poisons are more vital. BUT THEN i found out that 1. cure poisons are not even craftable (wtf) and 2. The potions dont seem to cure the poison (at least not with the effects lasting longer, which makes them pointless) I can seem to really find any evidence that this is a know problem? Anyway, i appreciate any help or knowledge on this or how to fix it, and if it is indeed unfixable i guess i will leave the poison alone :(

I guess if this is a dead end i will work on crafting overhaul and or enchanting to not be so bland and grindy...

I don't know, I recalled using the cure potions quite liberally while dealing w/ Charus on Expert. Saved my life half a dozen of time as otherwise I'd need to waste my supply of healing potions. EDIT: Also those damn giant frostbite spiders with they ridiculous amount of poison damage over time.

Edited by 3aq

They aren't pointless. Their functionality is gated behind the Cure Poison archetype.

Ok, i guess i am unfamiliar with this mechanic. I dont see how extending the duration of spider poison effects and changing the magnitude would make the cure poison stop working. @3aq I never tried it against a charus! i'll have to test it out on that. Still doesnt make any sense that these are not craft-able potions SMH.

But... but... what if you get poisoned? If your follower gets stung on the butt by a spider, you do NOT wanna have to suck out the venom.

Edited by Omegacron

Ok update: i tried fighting a charus on skyrim and SE, on both versions the cure poison worked when i got the message "you have been poisoned" because of the bite attack. It didnt however, cure the spit poison damage, so i will have to open up CK and see what the differences are. Im hoping i can make all poisons register as such, so that they will cure like they are suppose to. I'd really like to make these potions craftable, but im still probably under 30hrs with CK so i dont know if i will figure out that one yet.

*SOLVED* Well if anyone else has this problem i found out how to fix it! The spit from charus and spider are considered an "ability" so in the creation kit you just need to find them and list them as poison, thats it! I dont know if there is a way to close this thread and list it as solved or not? But yeah now i just need to find out how to make a craftable cure poison potion!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...