The Witcher styled Quest

leonellus854

Iam planning on doing my witcher-styled playthrough,i need a prolouge to it,i imagine something like your about to through the transformation trials but before that, your trainer sends you to a quest to hunt a beast and kill it, to show that ur worthy of the title of a "witcher"

if there is not,i just want a quest that sends you to a cave to clear it(i want a well armoured NPC to give that quest)

Thanks

I've done this kind of playthrough before. You don't need this kind of mod for it.

You can just RP as a young Witcher that wandered into Skyrim and got caught along with the Stormcloaks by the Empire [to explain why they don't have some of their powers yet and have lost their gear]. Or you can use Skyrim Unbound and set up a custom start wherever you like. It even lets you set up some of your gear and powers. You can even turn off being Dragonborn if you want, but you can't finish the main quest if you're not. Skyrim Unbound is probably the best way to do this kind of RP as you can set yourself up as a Witcher right away. I recommend leaving being Dragonborn on, as some of the powers work as replacements for signs.

You don't have to go through the trials or anything, just assume your character is already a Witcher. That wouldn't be unusual given most of them are relatively young when they become Witchers. It also wouldn't really conflict with them being Dragonborn if you still want to do the main quest.

Go with a human race. It's not only more lore friendly, but they have the best traits for Witchers. Redguards have poison resist, Imperials have a pacify power, Brenton's are good at magic. Nords have a power that casts Fear. Any of them will do, depending on your build. I'd go with a Brenton as they have a bonus to magic and make good alchemists.

Divine Elegance has a bunch of clothes from the Witcher games ported into Skyrim. It drops a shop near Old Hroldan along the southern most river that ends near Markarth near the eastern border of the Reach southwest of Rorikstead in the valley beyond the mountains. I assume you'd already know to find a silver sword and a steel one, or you could just console them in. Dawnguard adds crossbows, but you can also mod in Witcher weapons if you like.

Though, you shouldn't join any factions if you're doing a Witcher playthrough. This can be a bit of a pain, as one part of the main quest wants you to talk to someone in the Mage's Guild and to do so you have to join them, but you can skip the guild and go straight to the person it wants you to talk to, but you'll have to find them without the quest marker to do it.

Several Daedric quests are also a no go for a Witcher. Some of them require you to do things that any Witcher worth their salt wouldn't do. Particularly quests that require you to murder people in cold blood. Boethiah, Molag Bal, Peryite, and Vaermina [bad end], are a definite no go if you want to RP a proper Witcher.

Most of the rest you can justify as a Witcher, and some could even be seen as the sort of jobs Witchers would take, Namira, Meridia, Hircine, Malacath, Azura, Clavicus Vile, Sanguine, Sheogorath, Mephala, and Vaermina [good end].

You'll also probably want to level up Alchemy, and restrict yourself to the basic fire spell [ignis], unrelenting force [Aard], wards [Quen], frenzy and calm [Axii], Slow Time [Heliotrope], and Ash Rune is probably the closest thing to Yrden in Skyrim. Ash Rune immobilizes targets, but they can't be attacked while stunned. You could go with Frost Rune as an alternate, as it applies a slow effect. You can also add a mod like Apocalypse spells to help with this. Pretty sure it has a spell that will work for a Yirden replacement.

I also wouldn't take the perk that negates negative effects in potions, and try to make potions that have both, but won't kill you outright, to simulate the toxicity issue Witchers face.

If you're doing the main quest, you can probably justify the rest of the shouts as well as they tie into that and being Dragonborn.

Edited by CONTRABARDUS