SKSE64.exe runs the game, but SkyUI says otherwise

Alteredkarma

Relatively new to modding, although the amount of frustration at not getting things to run has led me to watching and reading every tutorial, blog post, and forum thread that I can find on the topic, so i can at least do the jargon side of things.

Computer details: I have updated my skyrim to 1.5.39 (initially purchased it on 3/30/2018), manually installed skse64 2.00.07 into both my games/sse folder and my games/steam/sse folder, run nmm to enable all plugins and mods, and loot to order everything, skyUI is version 5.2. PC is an HP Pavilion with 12 gb RAM and rather new.

Scenario: I have skse64 to launch as an admin, and it works because I am entirely capable of playing the game with no CTDs encountered, but when I load a save, it states that "SkyUIError Code 1: SKSE 64 is not running. SkyUI will not work correctly."

It mentions that there has been an update as well, but I redownloaded the skse files (2.00.07) this morning and manually installed them, then uploaded them to NMM and activated all relevant plugins; I have also deactivated the 2.00.06 that I had been running, althought that hadn't worked either.

In spite of this, I am able to continue playing. Interestingly, opening any menu option still appears in the SkyUI format and there is no issue with interacting with any parts of my inventory. MCM does not load mods even after a waiting period or by using the command "setstage SKI_configmanageinstance 1". Unfortunately, I seem to be the only one on this side of the internet to be having this problem.

I have little doubt that it's something on my end of the game, but I have manually moved all of the relevant files into the SSE folder and the SKSE src and Data folder into the SSE data folders, uploaded everything to the NMM, ensureed that all plugins and mods are for SSE, etc. I have not been able to locate a plugins.txt to ensure that a * is before the SkyUI, but since the menus are working I doubt that's the issue. Starting anew game does not resolve the issue.

Hopefully this is enough information. If you need any sort of file from me, please tell me the specific location and file type that you need. Thank you in advance.

Edited by Alteredkarma

• 2 months later...

I'v had same problem like yours and found one solution.

Did you check your DRM(digital rights management) program installed?

(DRM: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_rights_management#Film)

It sometimes makes interruption with SKSE64, so you can try uninstall your drm program.

How do you uninstall your drm program?

At "Control panel" - "Program delete/change", you can find your drm programs. Because there are many kinds of drm programs, each program's name is different. In my case, 'fasoo drm(fsw)' was the cause of the failure, and i deleted it.

SKSE64 is for SSE, SKSE is for oldrim. You will use SKSE64_2_00_07 for Skyrim Special Edition and SKSE_1_07_03 for Skyrim, they are not interchangeable. Go to silverlock.org to download the correct SKSE for the game you wish to play.

• 2 weeks later...