[Discussion]Mod Amount Limit: Could it be overcome?

Klipperken

I'm skimming pretty close to the limit at the moment, I'm actively reviewing mods for any with limited amounts of records in their ESP that I can merge into my "personal mod". You'd be surprised how many only contain a very limited data set, and so many of them are "complete" (i.e. haven't been updated for a year or more) that you can safely integrate them into a merged solution.

It's not ideal, but it's far from the greatest challenge you face when playing on Creation Engine games.

I'm running 926 mods on 230 plugins.

Don't ask me why. I get so deep into merging, the thought of undoing any of it is more daunting than just piling more on.

I'll test a mod for a bit, and spend a weekend every now and then merging the ones i like and tweaking esp files for maximum compatibility.

.esl files are cool too.

and yes my game is fairly stable, with the right ini tweaks/graphical handicaps.

but I mostly just do screen archery nowadays, and frankly none of it matters anymore...

Edited by thrax7545

I haven't even come close to 255 yet. How do you people even do that? :D

That said: when will nexus finally release an ESL-capable mod manager? I made several ESL mods, but users still keep asking for an optional ESP version.

That said: when will nexus finally release an ESL-capable mod manager? I made several ESL mods, but users still keep asking for an optional ESP version.

Because people add all sorts of mods bunched up without any consideration. It ends up with a pile of mostly useless stuff that bloats their game.

• 1 month later...

Because people add all sorts of mods bunched up without any consideration. It ends up with a pile of mostly useless stuff that bloats their game.

Also, people love their custom weapons and armors. Usually 2 plugins per mod (base mod + VIS patch).