Need some mods for TES 4 (Oblivion)

DizzyTea

So I don't think you're going to find a ton of sympathy for your position, because NMM just isn't a suitable tool for modding Oblivion. There are a few reasons for this:

-NMM isn't good at handling large mods like Qarl's texture pack.

-NMM is case-sensitive, meaning that it will put mod files in the wrong place if, say, the mod author wrote "Data" as "data," or "Textures" as "textures."

-As far as I know, NMM has no way of performing archive invalidation/BSA redirection, which is necessary for Oblivion to find replacement resources.

I really think you should take the plunge and install Wrye Bash. It's easy to install, and using it to install mods is quite easy: just click the Installers tab, wait for the data to load, and drag your mod archive to the main Installers pane. Pick any sub-packages you want that may appear in the sub-packages pane, right-click the mod and select Install Last; or right-click the mod and run the Wizard if there is one available.

When you get your mind around the concept of Install Order, you'll realize how useful it is. Basically, Install Order isn't something you do; it's something you set and can change just like your load order. So if you have two mods that change the same resource (like a mesh or a texture), you can decide which mod you actually want to change that resource by putting it later in your Install Order. You can click and drag mods to move them around the Install Order, or right-click and pick Move To. Wrye Bash will then automatically change what parts of what mod get installed based on your Install Order.

Wrye Bash also lets you create a Bashed Patch, which is useful for many things. For one, you can merge certain plugins into the Bashed Patch, freeing up slots for more plugins. For another, it coordinates leveled lists, meaning that a weapon introduced by one mod can be used by other mods, as loot or shop merchandise, for example. It also contains a number of tweaks and bug fixes, and you can enable additional such tweaks if you like.

The basics of the Bashed Patch are pretty simple. After sorting your load order using BOSS, right-click the Bashed Patch in the main Mods window. Select Rebuild Patch, or Rebuild Patch (CBash). I use the latter: it builds much faster and is necessary for some mods, but I've read that it may overwrite data it shouldn't. Select Okay when it asks you to disable mods; these will be merged into the Bashed Patch. A big intimidating window then opens up, but you can leave it alone and just click "Build Patch." Then activate the patch and you're golden.

Wrye Bash has a lot of advanced features that I'm still learning about, but the basics aren't any different from other mod managers.