Crash whenever I load a character or start new game.

MeowPatch

Just as a supplement before I explain this mess, I have like 170+ mods active at once for Skyrim. I do mod the game, and yes, I think that these crashes I'm getting are related to said modding.

I decided that trying out the NMM would be a good idea since there was a super complicated mod I wanted installed and NMM makes those mod installations easy, right? I install like three mods, blah blah blah, regret. I delete them from the data folder and uninstall NMM from the programs list. Recycling bin emptied. Bam. And then Skyrim starts CTDing.

CTD will occur if I load a saved game, or start a new game. When the loading screen ends and the game attempts to resume or start, CTD.

I then added this to my Skyrim.ini:

[Papyrus]
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

That gave me a log of the crash; not only is it extremely confusing, but from my amateur log analyzing eyes it looks like pretty much everything under the sun is causing these crashes. Here's the full text: https://pastebin.com/sKFH0csR For reference, the crash occurs somewhere around line 300.

I've done pretty much everything I can think of to fix this. First off, I immediately went to TES5Edit and cleaned up a bunch of junk that LOOT told me to clean up. After that, I verified the integrity of the game cache with Steam. 5 files missing, retrieved, and still no luck. After retrieving the 5 files, I verified the integrity again and it said 1 file was missing. I let it do its thing again and looked at LOOT. Suddenly, all DLC and Update.esm decided they needed to be cleaned again. Not sure if that's normal after what I did, but whatever, it happened. I cleaned it all up again hoping something would happen. Nothing. Still CTD.

Then I decided to defrag my hard disk. No idea what it would do, but who knows? Yeah, it did nothing besides make my computer run marginally faster.

I really don't want to delete all mods, redownload Skyrim, etc. etc. because that is horrible and frankly would take all night and although that's something I'm willing to do, it's also something I'm not willing to do. I know that makes no sense on paper, but it does in my head.

Any help or answers would be appreciated, particularly in the form of understanding what's causing these crashes.

Edited by MeowPatch

You have tes5edit, load all mods into tes5edit and see if your missing a master. If your missing a master tes5edit will stop, and tell you.hopefully your missing a master. I have never used nmm, I don't know how it works when you install a mod that overwrites vanilla,or maybe worst another mod, to then uninstall mod that overwrote stuff. What mods did you uninstall?

You have tes5edit, load all mods into tes5edit and see if your missing a master. If your missing a master tes5edit will stop, and tell you.hopefully your missing a master. I have never used nmm, I don't know how it works when you install a mod that overwrites vanilla,or maybe worst another mod, to then uninstall mod that overwrote stuff. What mods did you uninstall?

I uninstalled NetImmerse Override, Realistic Force, Bathing in Skyrim, and XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended. I think I should have kept NetImmerse Override, so I'll reinstall that. Prior to the installation of these mods, I didn't install anything that required XP32 MSE, Realistic Force, or Bathing in Skyrim, but I might've had NetImmerse Override initially.

I went ahead and reinstalled it, but that did nothing for my CTDing. As a side note, Skyrim is telling me that my saves rely on data no longer present. I don't think that means anything since I have uninstalled mods from those saves indeed, but whatever. It's a thing.

I went ahead and installed Mod Organizer to determine if I'm missing any masters since I hear that can tell me if I am or not by trying to run Skyrim through it. It's telling me that my saves are missing a few mods I should have installed, so I went ahead and reinstalled those mods for good measure. I don't think I'm missing anything otherwise one of these programs would probably have told me by now. In addition, I'm now seeing a shitload of flags up for a bunch of mods I have installed on Mod Organizer which seems to have pinpointed my problems(?). This is what I'm looking at: http://prntscr.com/j42sj0

As far as I can tell, most of these mods are being overwritten by that mod up top - the [KijikoHair_MalePack], but stuff like HearthFires is being overwritten by Dragonborn, which is making me even more confused. Am I having load order issues? Because it seems like anything like that would be solved by LOOT or TES5edit when I ran them.

Upon further investigation as well, this looks kinda fishy (focus on that rightmost pane with all the grayed-out check boxes): http://prntscr.com/j42u05

It seems like the [KijikoHair_MalePack] archive includes a f*#@load of other mods which have nothing to do with it (i.e. s*** like JSwords, HeartFires, or Live Another Life). How do I fix this?

Edited by MeowPatch

looking at the last pic you posted, you clearly have problems with your data folder. none of the mods should show up with the hair pack mod. all your mods showing in MO are thrown into the data folder, MO works outside of the data folder. After looking in pic from your first post, you got some problems. I would be amazed if there was a solution other than starting from scratch, sorry not trying to be rude. it i was in your position i would nuke it, start over. 2 options for that route. this link can get your skyrim vanilla again.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again after getting clean you should verify your game files in steam. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

option 2, you uninstall steam and reinstall steam and games, if you have more than skyrim in steam probably want to go with first option. if you go with 2nd option make sure you delete your skyrim folder in appdata folder. Users/yourname/appdata/local/skyrim.

I would also recommend,after getting back to vanilla, getting MO going so that your data folder is never touched. MO should look like this.

E68T60U.png

looking at the last pic you posted, you clearly have problems with your data folder. none of the mods should show up with the hair pack mod. all your mods showing in MO are thrown into the data folder, MO works outside of the data folder. After looking in pic from your first post, you got some problems. I would be amazed if there was a solution other than starting from scratch, sorry not trying to be rude. it i was in your position i would nuke it, start over. 2 options for that route. this link can get your skyrim vanilla again.

http://wiki.step-project.com/Guide:Make_Skyrim_Vanilla_Again after getting clean you should verify your game files in steam. https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2037-QEUH-3335

option 2, you uninstall steam and reinstall steam and games, if you have more than skyrim in steam probably want to go with first option. if you go with 2nd option make sure you delete your skyrim folder in appdata folder. Users/yourname/appdata/local/skyrim.

I would also recommend,after getting back to vanilla, getting MO going so that your data folder is never touched. MO should look like this.

E68T60U.png

^ Agreed. I'd reinstall skyrim. It sounds worse than a simple "download some other mod and it will be fixed"

E68T60U.png

^ Agreed. I'd reinstall skyrim. It sounds worse than a simple "download some other mod and it will be fixed"

I see! Thanks for the help. I kinda figured after looking through a bunch of s*** that this wasn't gonna get fixed by deleting one mod or downloading another or just screwing with load order. I'll do as suggested and start from scratch (and maybe mod a little more lightly).

Edited by MeowPatch

• 6 months later...
0 0 Skyrim.esm

1 1 Update.esm

2 2 Dawnguard.esm

3 3 HearthFires.esm

4 4 Dragonborn.esm

5 5 Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch.esp

6 6 Heels Sound.esm

7 7 HepsyHair.esm

8 8 BeeingFemale.esm

9 9 hdtHighHeel.esm

10 a RaceCompatibility.esm

11 b ApachiiHair.esm

12 c CreatureFramework.esm

13 d dcc-soulgem-oven-000.esm

14 e SMSkyrim.esp

15 f SexLab.esm

16 10 Devious Devices - Assets.esm

17 11 SexLabAroused.esm

18 12 BBLuxurySuite.esm

19 13 Devious Devices - Integration.esm

20 14 DonJuansPlayersClubMaster.esm

21 15 ZaZAnimationPack.esm

22 16 TaraUltimateFurniturePack.esm

23 17 daymoyl.esm

24 18 zzEsSp.esm

25 19 Fox__GirlsClub_NPC.esm

26 1a Amputator.esm

27 1b Heretical Resources.esm

28 1c Schlongs of Skyrim - Core.esm

29 1d ZazExtensionPack.esm

30 1e Devious Devices - Expansion.esm

31 1f DeviousFramework.esm

32 20 PSQ PlayerSuccubusQuest.esm

33 21 OSA.esm

34 22 actorEvents.esm

35 23 HighResTexturePack01.esp

36 24 HighResTexturePack02.esp

37 25 HighResTexturePack03.esp

38 26 Angeli Devious Expansion.esp

39 27 Character Behaviors Enhanced.esp

40 28 CharmingHighHeels.esp

41 29 Cloth Diaper.esp

42 2a CustomizedMilkingCuirass.esp

43 2b Cute Succubus - Nokou.esp

44 2c DrunkenSluts.esp

45 2d Eyes of Aber.esp

46 2e GemBikini.esp

47 2f HentaiSuccubusArmor.esp

48 30 Jugs.esp

49 31 KS Hairdo's.esp

50 32 Kinky Kitties - Nokou.esp

51 33 PedsPlayerHFManakins.esp

52 34 LADL - No Starting Spells.esp

53 35 MoreRevelers.esp

54 36 PND-KNN wash patch.esp

55 37 Private Needs Discreet.esp

56 38 SLAL_AnimationsByLeito.esp

57 39 SLAdv_GoldWeight.esp

58 3a SLAdventures.esp

59 3b StrapOnbyaeonv1.1.esp

60 3c VivisCockcage.esp

61 3d XiNafay - Kitty Corset.esp

62 3e XiNafay - Shoes.esp

63 3f SkinTight.esp

64 40 SissySuite.esp

65 41 Shuffle Cosplay - Nokou.esp

66 42 lilithssickle.esp

67 43 SerialStrip.esp

68 44 vlkStripManager.esp

69 45 vlkStripManagerSOS.esp

70 46 RealisticRoomRental.esp

71 47 3DNPC.esp

RRR_ELFX-Patch.esp

72 48 MilkModNEW.esp

73 49 SD Cages.esp

74 4a clubhouse.esp

75 4b Namiras Decorations.esp

76 4c MilkMod_MilkPumpsFancyB.esp

77 4d ShezrieOldHroldanVer2.esp

78 4e BHTNF_Eli.esp

79 4f zdd.esp

80 50 HorrifiedFemalePrisons.esp

81 51 RM_Barbarian.esp

82 52 FlameAtronachArmor.esp

83 53 FullBootForKKSA.esp

84 54 kuzak-bodyandstockings.esp

85 55 GrimSovereignBoosette.esp

86 56 HDT Maid Outfit.esp

87 57 Tiwa44_Minidresses.esp

88 58 Tiwa44_Minidresses_Dragonborn.esp

89 59 BeeingFemaleBasicAddOn.esp

90 5a HearthfireMultiKid.esp

91 5b HearthfireMultiKid_LastName.esp

92 5c Bathing in Skyrim - Main.esp

93 5d SkyUI.esp

94 5e InteractiveWashBasinsAllHFHomes.esp

95 5f Bathing in Skyrim - Realistic Room Rental.esp

96 60 RaceMenuOverlayCompilation - UNP.esp

97 61 SMSkyrim - Compressed.esp

98 62 SMSkyrim - Encounters.esp

99 63 Ambriel.esp

100 64 RealisticNeedsandDiseases.esp

101 65 BeeingFemale.esp

102 66 SexLab_DibellaCult.esp

103 67 MrissiTailOfTroubles.esp

104 68 wolfclub.esp

105 69 Clockwork.esp

106 6a SexLabSkoomaWhore.esp

107 6b zNightMistressMansion.esp

108 6c Deviously Cursed Loot.esp

109 6d InteractiveWashBasinsCOMPLETE.esp

110 6e HOBMint.esp

111 6f SimpleSlavery.esp

RRR_3DNPC-Patch.esp

112 70 Hunterborn.esp

113 71 zTrap.esp

114 72 MistySkye.esp

115 73 Bathing in Skyrim - Hunterborn.esp

116 74 Bathing in Skyrim - Interactive Wash Basins.esp

117 75 FemaleUlfric.esp

118 76 The Ordinary Women.esp

119 77 Abigail The Maid.esp

120 78 ASSU - Nokou.esp

121 79 CoCo_TDM2.esp

122 7a SexLab-AmorousAdventures.esp

123 7b SofiaFollower.esp

124 7c Schlongs of Skyrim.esp

125 7d BrandingDeviceOfDoom.esp

126 7e SexLab-Parasites.esp

127 7f MoreNastyCritters.esp

128 80 SexLab_Dialogues.esp

paradise_halls_fellglow_slave_camp.esp

129 81 Mango.esp

130 82 SOS - Shop.esp

131 83 Azura's Club.esp

132 84 daymoyl_DawnguardAddon.esp

TemptressVixen.esp

133 85 Spousetocustomhome.esp

134 86 Follower Neisa.esp

135 87 SexLab_Hormones.esp

136 88 LairOfDarkness.esp

137 89 Laura's Bondage Shop.esp

138 8a FlowerGirls.esp

139 8b Darklilith.esp

140 8c EggFactory.esp

141 8d Dibellas Grace.esp

142 8e Merta Black Rose Armor.esp

143 8f Sextoys Calyps Chest.esp

144 90 SLSW Addicted.esp

145 91 sextoys-calyps-2.esp

146 92 SuccubusRaceLite.esp

147 93 TropicalIsland.esp

148 94 Arachnophobia.esp

149 95 Armbinders_With_Hands.esp

150 96 SoapRetex_BIS.esp

151 97 DwarvenAutomobile.esp

152 98 Bathing in Skyrim - Create Soaps.esp

153 99 BeautifulCorpse.esp

154 9a bestrape.esp

155 9b Namira'sGoat.esp

156 9c Nimra's Goat.esp

157 9d Gwelda Armor Pack.esp

158 9e Elewin Pumps 2.esp

159 9f Elewin Pumps.esp

160 a0 Cute Adoptable.esp

161 a1 silverfish.esp

162 a2 Ciceriareplacor.esp

163 a3 Lucretia.esp

164 a4 Breathing Rose.esp

165 a5 C5Kev's Hermaeus Mora Priestess UUNP.esp

166 a6 Clock Work Planet - Nokou.esp

167 a7 AmputatorFrameworkRecipe.esp

168 a8 DfwSupport.esp

169 a9 Devious Looting.esp

170 aa DeviousTraining.esp

171 ab DietBasedButt.esp

172 ac dcc-dm2.esp

173 ad Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-00 - Edhildil Set.esp

174 ae Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-00.esp

175 af Dwarven Cyborg Collection v2-00 - Gynoid Set.esp

176 b0 sr_FillHerUp.esp

177 b1 FourBoobs.esp

178 b2 HDTSextoys.esp

179 b3 HentaiCreatures.esp

180 b4 pchsImmersivePlugs.esp

181 b5 Kalena Rios.esp

182 b6 MagicNipple.esp

183 b7 dc-mana-tanks-000.esp

184 b8 UIExtensions.esp

185 b9 AddItemMenuLE.esp

186 ba RaceMenu.esp

187 bb RaceMenuPlugin.esp

188 bc TS_ECatsuit&Ballet.esp

189 bd SexLab TDF Aggressive Prostitution.esp

190 be SuccubusLife.esp

191 bf SOS - Smurf Average Addon.esp

192 c0 SOS - VectorPlexus Regular Addon.esp

193 c1 SOSRaceMenuRotation.esp

194 c2 SlutPrincess.esp

195 c3 SLAnimLoader.esp

196 c4 KomAnimObjects.esp

197 c5 SLAL_SHanimAnimObj.esp

198 c6 NibblesAnimObjects.esp

199 c7 adcSexlife.esp

200 c8 yptg.esp

201 c9 SOS - Hormones UNP Addon.esp

202 ca SexLab Submit.esp

203 cb submitdd_ff.esp

204 cc submitdd_ff_exp.esp

205 cd SexLab Extra Voices.esp

206 ce SlaveTatsEventsBridge.esp

207 cf SerialStripper.esp

208 d0 RohZima_AnimObjects.esp

209 d1 ForcedMilkMaid.esp

210 d2 MilkModNEW HF.esp

211 d3 MilkModNEW Sanbox.esp

212 d4 MilkModNEW ZaZ Sanbox.esp

213 d5 nazonootokoAnimSLAL.esp

214 d6 NonSexLabAnimationPack.esp

215 d7 My Home Is Your Home.esp

216 d8 Seductress Serana.esp

217 d9 Seductress Elizabeth.esp

218 da HAnimations.esp

219 db SOSRaceMenu.esp

220 dc XPMSE.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - 0 - Main.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - Argonian.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - Breton.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - DarkElf.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - HighElf.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - Imperial.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - Khajiit.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - Nord.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - ORC.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - RedGuard.esp

PC Exclusive Animation Path - WoodElf.esp

221 dd FNIS.esp

222 de FNISspells.esp

223 df zzEstrus.esp

224 e0 BBLuxurySuiteENM.esp

225 e1 Slavemarketplace.esp

226 e2 MonnoBikini.esp

227 e3 FaceHugger.esp

228 e4 NIOVHH.esp

229 e5 RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp

230 e6 Brevi_MoonlightTalesEssentials.esp

231 e7 DW.esp

232 e8 SkyHUD.esp

233 e9 CleavageEquip.esp

234 ea Merta Assassin Armor.esp

235 eb MidnightArmorUNP.esp

236 ec Northgirl.esp

237 ed Chesko_WearableLantern.esp

238 ee EstrusChaurus.esp

239 ef EstrusSpider.esp

240 f0 dD - Enhanced Blood Main.esp

241 f1 dD-Dragonborn-Dawnguard-EBT Patch.esp

242 f2 dD-Reduced Splatter Size.esp

243 f3 dD-Reduced Wound Size.esp

244 f4 ShakeIt.esp

245 f5 SexLabNudeCreatures.esp

246 f6 SexLabNudeCreaturesDB.esp

247 f7 SexLabNudeCreaturesDG.esp

248 f8 Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp

249 f9 Deviously Cursed Loot LAL AddOn.esp

250 fa ImmerSlave.esp

251 fb Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life.esp

252 fc Submit belt.esp

can some one help me with my load order it keeps ctd at new game loading screen

do you have tes5edit installed? MO or NMM? Skse ini or crash fix mod installed? Enboost installed? Unp or CBBE? Cat person or Dog person?

other than seeing an esp file mixed in with esm files, in addition to seeing high resolution dlc installed, didn't see anything really wrong with load order, if didn't use loot i dont think loot would of done much better. the high resolution dlcs should not be used. Their huge in file size and has problems, Nexus has better options.

If you have tes5edit run all active mods in it. If it loads all active mods your not missing masters or having a master mod loading after dependant mod. Rules some stuff out.