Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

"The honor is mine, I'm sure," she inclined her head to both of them.

In answer to Nawen's inquiry, she grimaced slightly, "I was once the Knight Captain, yes. But now, no longer. A gave up my position after a very...trying...time."

She looked to Norgold and smiled, "No, I do not own this Temple. It is financed mostly by the Lords of Waterdeep, but collections help with the upkeep. There are other clerics and acolytes here, but they are in the midst of their studies, at the moment."

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norgold finished his piece of bread. "So, Rhaine, what do you do besides sit in here? I mean as a job." Norgold asked, the two woman were seemed incredibly nice, for a stranger like him. Being a dwarf here in the city can get vary racist when he walks the streets. "I would like to thank you both for not stereotyping me when I walked in... This city can be vary harsh to a dwarf." Norgold admitted.

"Oh. I see..." Nawen said and looked around the temple. It sure was a beautiful building. "This is a very beautiful temple." In fact, this temple was one of the most beautiful ones she saw. The one she lived and trained after she left the Mithrilaxe clan was still more beautiful to her.

She heard what Norgold said and smiled slightly. "Yes. It sure can be harsh..." She knew this just as well as he did.

Rhaine beamed. It made her happy when others found beauty in the same things that she did.

"Well," she began, "I am sworn, first and foremost, to tend to the dying and ease their passing from this world to the next...I also give Last Rites and funeral services if required. Additionally, it is my duty to comfort those who are grieving for their loved ones. I am tasked with hunting the undead and their necromancer creators, for there is no greater abomination to Kelemvor than the chaining of a spirit to this earth. I am also expected to protect the weak and the defenseless from monstrosities and other creatures that would shorten the lives of mortals.

"Finally, I am to do anything that my Lord Kelemvor personally asks. Does that answer your question?" she finished with a grin.

Norgold nodded, "It sounds like you're doing a wonderful thing for a world that needs it so." he said, as he saw a tree outside. The leaves and the branch were rustling, so it seemed it was windy outside now. "Do you mind if I stay here too? It seems chilly outside, but I will leave if you wish." Norgold said.

Nawen listened to what Rhaine told them. "What you are doing is amazing. I am glad that we have people like you in The Realms." She was really impressed and she even admired Rhaine for what she was doing. Not many people devotes their lives for what she doing.

She felt actually happy that in the city where she thought she'll see only disrespect and anger directed towards her, she met two very interesting and kind people.

Edited by Naktis

Rhaine smiled, warmed by their compliments, "I thank you both for your kind sentiments. And of course, you may both stay as long as you wish."

She cocked her head curiously, "But what about you two? What brings you to Waterdeep? Do you live here, or has business brought you to the City of Splendors?"

Nawen was glad to have a place to stay and such a nice looking place too. She looked around a bit and sat on one of the pews. "I do not live here I simply came here to Waterdeep to look for new adventures." The drow said and she was telling the truth. It wasn't a big secret or anything anyway.

Norgold felt relived that he could stay for the night, he didn't want to leave the comfort of the Temple, as Rhaine asked that question, he froze. "I... I don't really want to talk about why I'm here." Norgold said, as he looked around, trying to keep his gaze away from the two.

Rhaine's brow furrowed momentarily, but then relaxed. She was curious, but she would not pry further.

"Very well," she said with a sigh, "there are a few guest quarters in the East Wing, should you need them. I shall go inform the High Father of your presence - and of the need of a mason - and then I must change out of this armor. Make yourselves at home, but remember this: you are in the house of a god, and Kelemvor watches all that occurs within his temples."

She rose and began to leave, pointing to a corridor, "The East Wing lies down that hall. You may relax there in the side rooms, the library, or here in the nave. All other areas are off-limits to non-clergy."