Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Norgold smiled and got off the pew, he bowed toward Rhaine, "Thank you for your hospitality. If you need me, I think I will take a nap." Norgold said, as he started walking toward the corridor, he walked down the hall slowly observing the whole temple, and it artistic marble and arts hanged on the wall. As he approached the first side room, he knocked on the door to see if anyone was in the room, he waited 30 seconds before he entered. "Whoa..." Norgold said softly as he looked around the room. The walls were decorated with the finest runs and symbols, the whole room was obviously built for royalty. He figured this wasn't one of the rooms Rhaine was talking about, and quickly walked out and closed the door quietly. As he opened the second room, it was built the same, but with a bright and beautiful white marble. Norgold looked back and entered the room. He slowly took off his shield and laid it on the table at the end of the bed, and his mace on the nightstand next to the bed. Norgold slowly sat on the bed, it was incredibly comfy, and felt warm to the touch. He laid back on the bed and crossed his fingers together and put his hands on his chest, before he knew it he was asleep. Edited by TheBestIdiot122

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Thank you for your hospitality." Nawen echoed Norgold and went to where Rhaine said the rooms can be found. When was walking and looking for a room where she could rest for a bit the elf admired the temple. It was so beautifully built it actually surprised her. Sure, most of the time temples looked nice but she always thought that it's only the nave that looks nice and not the entire temple. It seems that she was wrong.

Nawen approached one of the rooms and knocked gently on the door and waited for the response. She didn't receive one and opened the door. The room wasn't big but looked very cozy and even luxurious. The drow looked around to see if there aren't any items that would show that the room is already taken but luckily she found no such items.

She closed the door behind her and placed her short swords on the table and placed her bow with quiver against the wardrobe. She took her cloak off, folded it neatly and placed it beside her weapons. She looked around for a bit before sitting on the bed. It was really comfortable. She then lay upon the bed, staring at the ceiling.

Rhaine had just finished speaking with the High Father, informing him of the guests and the need for a mason to fix the entrance. The former he was entirely indifferent to...the latter he was quite displeased with.

As she made her way back through the cloister to her quarters, the acolytes passed her by, having just been released from evening lessons.

"Lady Rhaine."

"Sister."

"Favored One."

"Chosen."

They murmured all of these titles as they brushed past her, bowing their heads in respect. She could only nod in response. The first three epithets didn't bother her in the least. The last one, however, still unnerved her a bit.

She closed the door to her chambers and changed quickly into her robes. They, like her armor, had been special-made for her - tailored to allow for her wings. They cut low in the back, just under her shoulder blades, but the skin was always covered by her hooded cloak. She had originally only requested them be made of standard wool, but the High Father wouldn't hear of it. And so, she had received a set of velveteen robes, colored a dark chocolate in hue, embroidered lavishly in gold. They were slit from the waist down and cut away at the torso to reveal a black sateen under-dress. The high collar and fitted cuffs bore emeralds to match her eyes.

Over these robes, she re-belted her sword. Never did she go without her beloved weapon - her Touch of Death. The bastard sword had seen her through thick and thin for five long years. And, Kelemvor willing, it would do so for many more.

Laying her armor neatly in her footlocker, she left her room and made her way back to the nave, this time to make sure her guests were settling in all right. As she entered the East Wing, she headed for the side rooms. She was about to lift her hand to knock on one of the mahogany doors when she heard gentle snoring...the kind of snore only a dwarf could make. After hearing that same noise out of Khelgar Ironfist for two years, it became instantly recognizable.

There was only silence behind the second door, which she assumed Nawen had taken. Carefully, she rapped upon its surface.

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Nawen was lying in the bed and trying to get some sleep when she heard footsteps. At first she thought that it's only one of the priests or priestesses walking by but then whoever was walking suddenly stopped. Outside the room she stayed in.

One of the most important lesson for a ranger to learn is listen. That is how she was able to hear and not so small pointy ears helped a bit too.

The drow quickly got up from the bed and put her cloak back on. She forgot to lock the doors though it might have been suspicious... but of course all the sounds she just made also might sound suspicious.

It was surprising how some priests tend to forget "all are welcome no matter the race or faith" talks when they find out who she really is. The case would probably be much worse here in Waterdeep.

Once she put her cloak on, Nawen just stood there, waiting to see what will happen next.

As Norgold slept, he started to dream about his homeland again, how outside always smelled like fresh cut grass, and the beautiful mountains over head, looking down upon them. However, there was a mysterious figure, which stood on one of the hills just outside of Heliogabalus, he had a strange orb in his left hand, and a book in his right. It was obvious that he was chanting something, but Norgold couldn't hear what he was saying. As the intensity of the situation grew, the orb started to glow brighter and brighter, until it was only a bright light in his hand. As the mysterious figure finished his chant, the orb broke. A purple and greenish mist rolled out of the orb, and quickly spread all over the town. It turned the alive, green grass into black and coldness, The tree's leaves turned into a poisonous purple color, and the tree bark turned into weathered and burnt bark. People were choking on the cloud, and no-one was safe from it...

Norgold awoke and immediately sat upwards, frantically looking around the room until he remembered where he was. His head throbbed in pain, sweat was pouring down his face, and his heart was still racing. He didn't know what that was, but he hoped to god that it wasn't real. He grabbed the base of his skull, and rubbed it gently, trying to sooth the pain in his head. Norgold took a deep breath of relief after he calmed down. It seemed to be the middle of the night still, but he heard footsteps leaving his door, Norgold walked slowly over to the mahogany door and slowly opened it, and peeked his head outside. He saw Rhaine and smiled, "You need something my friend?" Norgold asked, stepping out into full view in the hallway, sweat still on his face.

Edited by TheBestIdiot122

Rhaine was about to open the door when she heard a slightly shaking voice behind her. She turned around to see Norgold, his face shining with sweat. Her brow furrowed, and a look of concern came across her face.

"I was just checking on the both of you to see how you two were settling in, before joining the others in evening prayers. Are you all right, friend dwarf? You are quite pale..."

She placed her hands gently on his head. He was feverishly hot.

Nawen was standing still when she suddenly heard voices. She sighed in relief that it was Rhaine and not some other priest.

She peeked her head outside and saw them both. "Is everything all..." The drow when saw Norgold and he didn't look too good. "Oh... is he alright?" She asked Rhaine because it looked like she was checking his temperature.

Norgold forgot that he was still drenched in sweat, "Oh, I just had a bad dream that's all." Norgold said softly, as Rhaines hand touched his forehead, for some odd reason, Her hand felt cool... Refreshing cool. He wondered why it her hand was like that, but he ignored it for now. Edited by TheBestIdiot122

Rhaine frowned, "Just a bad dream? In my experience, dreams can have far more meaning than many are willing to give them...and if this dream has affected you so, I would not shrug it off as something so simple."

She backed away from the dwarf with a slight bow, looking between him and the hooded woman, "I shall not press you further, however. Dreams are private in nature, and it would be rude of me to pry. If both of you are well and good, I shall take my leave. Unless, of course, there is something you need?"

Nawen glanced at the dwarf. Just like everyone else she had and sometimes has nightmares too but none of them caused her to sweat this much... she was curious to know what he dreamt about but she's not going to nag him or anything.

"Well I don't need anything, thank you." The drow said and glanced at Rhaine.