Tales of Faerun

AurianaValoria1

Norgold knew she was right, something that he could remember to the innermost details, especially a dream, shouldn't be taken lightly. He looked at both Rhaine and Nawen... Odd, he was already calling them by names. Which is slightly peculiar due to the fact he's only known the both of them for less then a few hours.

"I'm sorry if I stirred up some worry between the both of you. Also, no thank you. I will get some fresh air and go back to sleep." Norgold said sincerely.

He turned around and walked down the hallway. He felt like he had to tell them, but he didn't want to cause a panic within the temple. When he approached the exit, he thought about his dream again, even though it could definitely happen, no-one in the world was mad enough to try and destroy Heliogabalus. He grabbed the door and the extreamly loud creaking noise echoed through the temple again, however. The breeze couldn't keep his mind off what Rhaine said, and the look of concern on her face told him that he should talk too them about it. He looked to his left, and noticed an old, and what it seemed to be rotting wood, bench. Norgold grabbed the door and gently and quietly as he could closed the door to the Temple. He walked over and brushed the bench off of any moss or other things that may be on it. As he sat down, he felt calm, relaxed even. He saw the only building that had lights in it: The Inn, he heard joyful music playing and what it seemed people were dancing. Norgold smiled as he tapped his foot to the music.

Edited by TheBestIdiot122

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhaine nodded, "Very well. I shall pray that your night is more restful. Blessings upon you both."

She then left the pair, moving down the corridors and back into the nave with silent grace. Rhaine joined the other acolytes in their evening prayers, although Kelemvor never required such from her. She didn't know why she felt the need to add her voice to those of the other clerics, but something told her that she should. Maybe her supplication would turn the Judge's watchful eye to Norgold, granting the dwarf a measure of peace...and, perhaps, clarity.

As she returned to her quarters later, her thoughts transitioned to Nawen. The ranger was a curious one - always wearing that long and concealing cloak. Of course, her own god wore such concealing garb and a silver mask to hide his face, so she didn't have much room to criticize.

Her last thoughts as she crawled into bed and blew out her candle were of her old companions, both living and dead, whom the dwarf and ranger reminded her so much of.

The Ulitharid Xallisine sat at his desk lost in thought. His back rigid against his high backed chair, which was high enough for the tall Illithid to sit upon. He maintained a regal air about him, by his perfect posture, straight back and strong neck, his collar puffed out to show his dominance. He sat for another few minutes, lost in though, but then he took up a quill, and began writing in his Journal, a large leather bound book, with strange symbols and patterns adorning the bleak and dark cover. He arose from his chair, using one long and spindily fingered hand to aid him, and walked out of his little study. He passed into the library, walking with small steps, the ever present air of Nobility clinging to him like a cloak, as his long robe trailed along behind him. His Slaves were arranging books per his instructuions, but as one of his Human slaves was about to place a book on the shelf, he snatched it from the Slaves grasp, and said mentally into the slaves mind Books on Lore do not Reside in the Historical section! I have made this clear countless times, while they may contain history, you put them in the Special Lore section! He placed the book back in the slaves hands and the Dominated human placed the book where it belonged. Xallisine browsed the library, his deft fingers moving constantly as he counted books, about to pick one but withdrew his hand. He eventually found what he was looking for a book named "Half Breeds" And he took the book back to his study, and set about reading it all. Edited by mythicdawnmaster

Nawen went back to her room and tried to sleep again but just like the last time she couldn't. The drow just wasn't that tired.

She put her cloak back on and left her room. She entered the nave and looked around. It seems that the priests had finished their evening prayers and the room was completely empty. The drow sat at one of the oaken pews and glanced at the statue of Kelemvor. She wondered why he was wearing the mask...

Nawen pulled out the silver amulet of the deity she worshiped, Mielikki from under her shirt and touched the unicorn head gently with the tip of her fingers and smiled slightly.

Norgold heard the music stop, his foot was getting tired from tapping the hard marble. The wind was blowing a little harder, and he was getting quite cold. He got up and as quietly as he left, he tried to open the door without the loud creaking of the wood, but of course, after about a couple of inches the creaking echoed through the temple. Norgold opened the door wide enough to slip through the door. He noticed that the hooded woman was sitting on one of the oak pews, he slowly walked over and sat on the opposite pew from her. He leaned over and claspped his hands together to say his nightly prayer to Dumathoin, as he was required too.

After he finished his prayer, he looked over at Nawen, he saw the silver amulet in her hands. "I'm surprised you worship a deity, but maybe I should judge people I know little about." Norgold said, grinning.

Nawen was still staring at her amulet when she heard door creaking. At first she thought that it's only a priest going somewhere but then she saw Norgold. He sat on another pew and it looked like he was praying...

She watched the statue of Kelemvor when she heard the dwarf speaking. His comment was rather surprising. "Why wouldn't I worship a deity?" She was really curious why he said that...

Norgold looked at the statue, "On my travels, I've met quite a few people. Like you, and most of them think that religion is pointless, a waste of time." Norgold said silently, he didn't like when people said that religion is not needed in there life's. It just made him depressed.

In the Underdark things went from there usual bad, to a whole new level of chaos... Undead hordes broke out and begun attacking anything and everything in sight, the worst thing was that they were dangerously close to the surface, many attacking on the Upperdark, killing travellers in the region.

Xallisine walked outside the door of his dwelling, his rigid collar bending back as he walked through the door. He looked out to see many undead hordes attacking people lower down, as his dwelling was hidden from plain sight, and raised upon a higher rock formation, he was relatively safe, and he saw no current reason to help any of the people being attacked... after all they were simple traders, and they had nothing about them which drew Xallisine to them... so instead he returned into his home, and closed the door behind him.

"People like me? You mean rangers?" Nawen asked and glanced at the dwarf. She was surprised that some people said something like that. She even was scared a bit that she might never find a deity that she could sincerely worship and remain faithless. She knew what happens to the faithless and in a way it seemed bigger punishment than being sent to the Nine Hells. "Those people are wrong... religion isn't pointless. To me it provided comfort and inner peace. I think it effects some people in the same way."

Norgold frowned, and looked down at his feet. The most rangers he's meet have said that religion is pointless. "I'm sorry if I have offended you, but I'm glad that you have found piece with whatever deity you worship." Norgold said. He took a fondness to the hooded woman, she was different then what most people he had meet on his travels.