Bows are aiming to the left (1st person)

Nimarus

So, I also had this error previously. Eventually I gave up, but when I made a new save for an archer character, I had to get to the root of it. For me, the problem was an interaction between ALLGUD(all geared up derivative) and Archery Gameplay Overhaul. By disabling either (and running FNIS again) things worked... however, if I had my way, I'd have both. The only thing suggested here I haven't done yet is delete the 1st person animation, because the only thing in there is AGO and my skeleton... and, yes, I could completely wipe my load order and start from scratch, and I understand that in the end I may have to do that. But if anyone has any more suggestions (thus far I haven't stumbled on anyone else that's having the problem between ago and allgud, so I'm hoping this opens up some different options), I'd be glad to hear them.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This bug is currently effecting all bows and not crossbows. In 3rd person view, the bow behaves normally. However, in 1st person view, the bow aims roughly 90 degrees to the left as my character draws back on the bow. When firing the arrow does fly in the direction the camera is aiming, but firing in a position next to my character. Has anyone ever ran into this problem? I had just equipped the Telvanni bow from the AHO quest mod as well as it's arrows. I was also riding horseback before dismounting and re-equipping my bow after dismounting. Don't know if that had anything to do with it. Anyone run into this and know how to fix it?

im glad i just typed in "my bow aims to the left skyrim" in google. found this forum. and seen your comments. found out i did the exact same thing you did with xp and jop. now thanks to your suffering, i was able to know how to fix my game.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I am SO glad I found this thread! Been trouble shooting this for days. It was just so obscure for me! I installed XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended long ago with Joys of Perspective support and never thought to re install it after deciding not to use that mod. Re installing it with out Joys of perspective option with in XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended selected fixed it for me as well.

Edited by RiftDaro

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

First, For me the fix was to have Archery Gameplay Overhaul load BEFORE Joy of Perspective. It completely fixed it. I don't have the slightly different undrawn animation anymore, but I can now aim the bow which is great.

Howdy, I thank you all for the ideas. Sadly none of them worked for me, but they did lead me to my solution which worked great for me. I put it above so the next group people can just read what worked for me.

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I feel like an idiot :pinch: I had originally planned to use Joy of Perspective, but later abandoned the idea of using it. I had forgotten to reinstall XP32 Maximum Skeleton Special Extended without supporting Joy of Perspective. After reinstalling the Skeleton, the bow functions as it was suppose to.

Thank you for coming back with the solution, it helped me avoid what may have been hours of dissecting my load order :thumbsup: