Skyrim VR Mod Requests

Garthis

So I didn't see a post for requests for mods for Skyrim VR so I just put this here.

I only have one request for the wonderful people who make the mods I find so enjoyable... please fix the wonky controls for the Oculus Rift. We don't need both a strafe button on the left stick AND by pointing the controller. If I go off another damned cliff because I am strafing one way on the stick and another with the controller then I will scream.

• 2 weeks later...

My Skyrim VR mod wishlist:

1. A body. Shadows of just a pair of oculus controllers is somewhat unimmersive.

2. HUD improvements. I notice that the compass stays put in the fov (either above or below, as selected in the options) yet other hud elements float, often away from your field of view (hidden/detected eye, I'm looking at you, punk!). Is there a modder out there willing to entertain using the compass display as an anchor point for the floating ui elements?

3. JOP. See #1.

4. Any update to the map to include roads?

My Mod requests

1 "An end to the dragon crisis" I think after you defeat Alduin no more dragons should respawn. eventually ending the crisis and restoring peace to Skyrim.

2 How about a mod where adopted children grow up and move out?

That's all I'm pretty much happy with the mods I can use already.

Edited by Candle71

• 2 weeks later...

a mod to make it so that you can use bows left handed while maintaining the right handed movement controls meaning left thumbstick to move right thumbstick to turn tried running it on southpaw a was just too weird but i shoot bows in real life left handed

With SKSE for VR now available:

• MCM and SkyUI
  • Any good SKSE mods!
  • Racemenu
  • Enhanced Camera

And a third-person camera view (which sounds odd, but there are times when it helps with orientation, etc. and it's nice to take a look at what you are doing - 3rd person animations for eating and drinking, etc)

I spotted the author of Joy of Perspective an a Reddit thread, and he is going to look into patching JoP for VR, which is good.

After playing Lone echo I too would like to see a body mode or at least arms as that game is able to do it incredibly well. Now I know that Lone Echo was designed specifically for VR so if that means no body, I understand. It would be nice for the hands to at least change depending on the armor equipped, for instance, rather than just having hands and wrists, seeing the whole forearm to allow the whole gauntlet equipped to be shown. Anyone know if someone is already working on this?

In fact, not just those mods but SKSE VR update! I downloaded my VR game recently and the SKSE VR is for the original release. I've got a few I want to use but I'm held back by the outdated SKSE... :sad: