Skyrim VR Mod Requests

Garthis

Ah - got the SKSE update. What I'd love to see is a mod that allows me to call up the console and fire up an in-game virtual keyboard to use it...

(Goes down on knees and prays....)

• 2 weeks later...

Ah - got the SKSE update. What I'd love to see is a mod that allows me to call up the console and fire up an in-game virtual keyboard to use it...

Do you have a Rift, or a Vive? Rift has desktop views in the Core 2.0 update. Vive could maybe use OVRDrop. I just want one that works consistently and lets me be able to target NPCs/items without breaking immersion (IE In game).

I was more than disappointed that, from what I've seen, we couldn't physically interact with things like chests, pull chains, buttons, doors, etc. (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG ON THIS)
I haven't even played skyrim vr yet so I may be jumping the gun here, but come on. Environmental interactions are a huge part of VR. Hopefully, with SKSEVR released, mod developers have enough resources to create some sort of physics system, or at least some gestures to use certain things.
I'll be able to get SkyrimVR and the essentials in two months, so I hope something can remedy that.

I was more than disappointed that, from what I've seen, we couldn't physically interact with things like chests, pull chains, buttons, doors, etc. (PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG ON THIS)

I haven't even played skyrim vr yet so I may be jumping the gun here, but come on. Environmental interactions are a huge part of VR. Hopefully, with SKSEVR released, mod developers have enough resources to create some sort of physics system, or at least some gestures to use certain things.

I'll be able to get SkyrimVR and the essentials in two months, so I hope something can remedy that.

Well, no not really but to open a chest you do have to reach out to it and Click A on the controller, so there is some token movement.

There's virtually no physics. Hitboxes are rather broad. The game was never designed for VR so it's a kind of VR succubus rather than a fully operation interactive VR game.

Attacking with a sword is like waving a toothpick. But magic does come into its own, and archery can feel more realistic.

The only plus factors are being in the Skyrim environment, and (particularly if you mod them) seeing NPCs and companions for almost real rather than flat pancake.

(Trust me: mod the NPCs...! You thought they were bad in 2D? They're hideous in VR.)

Close textures (i.e. food on tables) can look great. Being able to look really closely at your special swords is pretty rewarding for detail, too.

Modding is still very slim for VR, but a lot of SE mods work out of the box. I don't know if anyone will be able to improve physics and collisions.

Do you have a Rift, or a Vive? Rift has desktop views in the Core 2.0 update. Vive could maybe use OVRDrop. I just want one that works consistently and lets me be able to target NPCs/items without breaking immersion (IE In game).

Voice control! Dragonborn Speaks Naturally works incredibly well, and Way of the Voice alongside it allows access to menus, etc. Keyboard? Forget it.

I want a mod that makes weapon meshes collide with one another (and static meshes)

and another mod that tightens the amount of force required for a melee swing to register.

and another mod that requires me to hold 2H weapons with both hands.

And then I'll be happy. :)

I'm doing a playthrough with Natural Locomotion, a Proximat and a weighted vest. And Dragonborn Speaks Naturally, all realistic options switched on, and Way of the Voice. So far, the immersion is excellent except for the 3 things I suggested!

It would be great to see a mod that uses the direction of your head to highlight NPCs / items to interact with (instead of just your hand controllers).

Something about always pointing at a person before talking to them that feels a bit rude to me !

I just want somthing that i think would be pritty simple but im no moder so im not sure

when i use a staff it uses the trigger to fire but i can swing it

so i would like it to also count as a one handed weapon when i swing it (maybe with super low damage)

as as a more complicated idea a redo of the menus to use somthing like the fallout pipboy

somthing lore freindly to skyrim but lets me use menus in game without the big flat ones appearing

• 2 months later...

I would like to have the choice to grad a thing with my left or right hand any time its needed without witch config. Cuz, well, if something is at my left side i'll use my damn left hand! i'll dont turn on myself for use my right hand, samething or anything at my right.

But the more important thing :

Use the bow with my right hand without change all, but only bow.

anyway, XP32 dont support left hand from skyrim vr and ctd any time we try to start with left hand, so i dont know if we can't do anything before a patch from xp32 ^^'