Skyrim VR Mod Requests

Garthis

• 3 months later...

A mod that can fix the messed up left handed control settings on the Oculus Rift's Touch controllers would be appreciated. I only really want my interaction & combat controls to be left handed, not have literally everything flipped in the lazy way that Bethesda thinks is good enough of a way to play for mollydooker gamers who've been using right handed controller, keyboard & mouse setups for years but still interact in reality as southpaws out of instinct. Please help because I am also trying to deal with my motion sickness & the spastic controls actually makes it worse due to the disorientation & immersion breaking distractions.

I would like to use the motion controllers for crafting stuff, ya know, actually hold a mortar in one hand, put some ingrediants in with the other hand and smash with a pestle. Similar systems could be devised for smelters, forges, tanning racks, grinding wheels, armor tables etc. That kind of interactivity would be super awesome.

• 7 months later...

My Skyrim VR mod wishlist:

1. A body. Shadows of just a pair of oculus controllers is somewhat unimmersive.

2. HUD improvements. I notice that the compass stays put in the fov (either above or below, as selected in the options) yet other hud elements float, often away from your field of view (hidden/detected eye, I'm looking at you, punk!). Is there a modder out there willing to entertain using the compass display as an anchor point for the floating ui elements?

3. JOP. See #1.

4. Any update to the map to include roads?

1: You're looking for VRIK. It shows your body in VR. It's fantastic.

2: You're looking for SKYUI, it revamps your entire UI

3: If you're using Joy of Perspective, no idea why you're asking for a body

With SKSE for VR now available:

• MCM and SkyUI
  • Any good SKSE mods!
  • Racemenu
  • Enhanced Camera

And a third-person camera view (which sounds odd, but there are times when it helps with orientation, etc. and it's nice to take a look at what you are doing - 3rd person animations for eating and drinking, etc)

I spotted the author of Joy of Perspective an a Reddit thread, and he is going to look into patching JoP for VR, which is good.

VRIK has a 3rd person camera, but it is only functional for vanity purposes (unless you're using the weapon slots).

Explanation: Weapon slots can be assigned to body parts in VRIK so you can do gestures to pull out a dagger, or sword, or shield etc. It's a real game changer. Trust me.

Agreed on Racemenu, but the author of Racemenu made that closed-source and doesn't have a VR headset or any inclination to expand into VR.

The only thing I want is the ability to grab limbs with my vr hands. After playing Blade & Sorcery and now Hellsplit, they just make me want this functionality more and more in Skyrim.

Also, I'd love for a working out of the box version of Deadly Mutilations for VR.

Edited by MumblesMalarky

Not sure if this had been suggested before or if there is already a solution to this.

With MAGEVR we have the realistic archery which is exactly what archery should be in a vr game. However, if you fight with any melee weapon, you soon realize that all it takes to inflict damage on your target is some wrist workout. I'm no programmer but I'm sure something could be done to improve the mechanics of swordplay. The inflicted damage should be based on how hard you swing that sword. It would also matter how you swing it and where you hit but let's not turn this into a martial art lesson.

So... Any idea?

Not sure if this had been suggested before or if there is already a solution to this.

With MAGEVR we have the realistic archery which is exactly what archery should be in a vr game. However, if you fight with any melee weapon, you soon realize that all it takes to inflict damage on your target is some wrist workout. I'm no programmer but I'm sure something could be done to improve the mechanics of swordplay. The inflicted damage should be based on how hard you swing that sword. It would also matter how you swing it and where you hit but let's not turn this into a martial art lesson.

So... Any idea?

You can adjust how hard a swing has to be for it to register damage in the configuration ini. I don't remember the exact line, but I know it can be done.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I think it would be more immersive if the bodies of the animals that were harvested actually looked like they had been butchered. For instance, remove the antlers from the deer if they were harvested, or the tusks from the mammoth or the horns and legs from the goats.