How to install "CBBE NPC HeadRear Fix"?

Newgamemodder

Hi nexus!

So i came across this mod called "CBBE NPC HeadRear Fix"

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12839?tab=posts&BH=1

Now i have no ieda how to install it, i have tried to read the posts but i still dont understand. What do i do and how does it work technically?

What do i do if i have

A: custom face textures but the original CBBE body textures

B: modded face textures and modded body textures?

Thanks!

p.s correct me if im wrong but the .nif included in this mod is not edited except for the texture pathing correct?

face textures don't affect this mod , from what I'm seeing

so it doesn't matter which face textures you use

if you use the original CBBE body textures , just install the mod as is and you should be done

if you use a different body textures , just follow the instructions on the page . basically you need to move the 3 files as described in the description , and make sure not to overwrite them when installing the mod . if you install this via a mod manager , you can also just open the archive (using something like Winrar or 7z) , find the 3 files in the archive , delete them from the archive and then install the archive via your mod manager (this will make sure you don't accidentally overwrite your textures , though if you do something like this keep in mind you have removed these files from the mod , so if you wish to use it again on a new game with the original CBBE body textures , you will have to download the full archive again to restore these files into it)

as for the PS question , I suspect you are correct , but I don't have the mod so I can't verify this

it sounds correct though

Edit : just saw the last comment on that mod

it does give a different set of installation instructions . I don't know if they are correct , but you could try following them (they aren't hard to follow from what I've seen) , and see if this works properly

Edited by WastelandAssassin

this is the comment

Rename the esp and install everything from the mod except "basehumanfemale" folder, so you don't overwrite your custom textures(manual install maybe). Place the esp above CBBE in your mod list, like this:

Fallout4.esm
CBBENeckFix.esp (example renaming)
CBBE.esp

Delete "femalebhed" files from "basehumanfemale" folder like said in the description. Move(as in cut+paste+overwrite) "FemaleBody" and "FemaleBodyDirty" DDS files from that folder to "CBBE" folder(assuming you have already installed custom body textures). The only textures left in "basehumanfemale" folder should be "basefemalehands", "basefemalehandsdirty" and "basefemalehead"(if you have face texture installed). For ghouls i'm not sure, to tell the truth i haven't even noticed. Perhaps you should also move "ghoulfemalebody" textures from "ghoulfemale" to "CBBE" folder.

if there is something here you don't understand , feel free to ask

Delete "femalebhed" files from "basehumanfemale" folder like said in the description. Move(as in cut+paste+overwrite) "FemaleBody" and "FemaleBodyDirty" DDS files from that folder to "CBBE" folder(assuming you have already installed custom body textures). The only textures left in "basehumanfemale" folder should be "basefemalehands", "basefemalehandsdirty" and "basefemalehead"(if you have face texture installed). For ghouls i'm not sure, to tell the truth i haven't even noticed. Perhaps you should also move "ghoulfemalebody" textures from "ghoulfemale" to "CBBE" folder.

this is the part I mentioned

what do you not understand about this? if you have any specific question please ask , but otherwise I don't think I can make this any clearer

• 8 months later...

Sadly i still dont understand :/

Don't know if you still need this, being months after your post and all, but you will need to find the downloaded mod in your NMM mods folder. I think mine was something like 'Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Mods\CBBE HeadRear Fix-12839-V1.7z'.

If you copy that file to somewhere else and then extract it, when you open it up you will see an .esp file, probably called CBBE.esp. That .esp name is the same one that the base CBBE mod uses, so when you install the mod through NMM, it will overwrite the CBBE plugin.

All you need to do is rename that .esp file to something else (like 'CBBE HeadRear Fix.esp'). Then just change the name of the whole main folder (which was CBBE HeadRear Fix-12839-V1, or something like that) to something like 'CBBE HeadRear Fix - Modified' and then use 7zip (or whatever you use) to compress it again. So now you should have a new compressed file called 'CBBE HeadRear Fix - Modified.7z'. Import this manually to NMM as a new mod using the Import from File button.

When you install this mod, follow the usual instructions:

1. Don't let it overwrite 'femalebody_d.dds', 'femalebody_n.dds' or 'femalebody_s.dds'

2. Copy your textures for the above files from your 'Data\Textures\actors\character\basehumanfemale' folder into the 'Data\Textures\actors\character\CBBE' folder overwriting any existing files with the same names.

3. Check you NMM plugins and make sure that the new 'CBBE HeadRear Fix.esp' is appearing and his higher in the load order than the 'CBBE.esp'

Should be good to go. This worked for me for raiders/femalebodydiry as well as my player character, however I haven't tested for female ghouls yet.

Hope that helps, either you or someone else looking for the same thing. Have a great day! :)

• 1 year later...

KonigMonster89, I can do even better than that!! Closing in on two years, I just wanna say thank you. That was exactly what I was looking for. I wonder how many people you already helped without knowing and none of them ever dropped you a line. Until now!! Haha. THX again big time. Your post should have gotten a sticky alright. I will bookmark for sure just in case I will ever need it again. Be cool, be save!!

Edited by Trumpenschwein