Multiple installs?

drworm73

I want to give Vortex a more vigorous testing using a game that I mod heavily. My inclination is Skyrim, but I am currently running Enderal through MO and I don't want to mess with that. Is there a way to do a seperate steam install of Skyrim (on another drive) to mod through Vortex while keeping my Enderal game safe?

I was actually more concerned about whether steam would mess things up if I installed skyrim in two different places on my PC. I was confidant Vortex could handle it.

Long story short- I was able to work out how to do it. I had found some videos showing how you could install Enderal and keep your Skyrim install, but I wasn't sure if I could do it the other way. Otherwise I'd have to uninstall Enderal just to reinstall it again, and Enderal takes a long time for my rig to install.

Basically I renamed Skyrim main folder, and just for safety moved it to another folder. I then uninstalled Skyrim through Steam so that it would see it was gone and then reinstalled it to a different drive. I then renamed the Enderal folder back to Skyrim. I think this may only work because Enderal has it's own launcher, but I'm not sure.

My issue is that when I got this PC several months ago I installed FO4 and Skyrim to the small drive that had the system files on it ignorantly thinking that I would have plenty of room. LOL, well now those are the only two games on that drive and the drive is full due to all the installed mods (archives are already stored on another drive) I have for those two games (mostly due to FO4).

There's a bit of a learning curve with Vortex, and I am really not used to having to put stuff directly in the data folder (it's been a while since I've used something other than MO), but I think it seems pretty solid. Most of my difficulty was with peripherals, but I think the only one I haven't gotten to work has been WryBash. I can play without that for now.