Heavy Traffic ×

CBEE - A problem occured during install

zking190

I have been trying to install CBBE (Or really any character mod) for weeks. Unfortunately, every time I go to install any of these mods in NMM I get the error, "A problem has occurred during install". It does not tell me what problem. All I know is that during some percentage of unpacking it fails and gives me that error. I have been able to successfully download other kinds of mods before, such as SkyUI.

Is there a way to find the exact problem that is happening?

I have no other mods loaded. It's a completely clean install of Skyrim and NMM. No other mods are on my system. I have SKSE.

I have looked on other forum posts and have seen trying to run it the mod manager as admin. That didn't work. Other than that I have not seen any other answers that are relevant to my problem.

I have NMM on an external hard drive with about 800 Gb open storage.

Edited by zking190

try going to the folder where NMM stores downloaded mods (I think there is an option through the folder icon , but you'll have to verify this)

when you are there , try opening the CBBE archive (with Winrar or 7z , or a similar program) . see if you can successfully open the archive , or if you get an error (like unexpected end of archive , or something like that) . sometimes downloads fail , so you get a partial file , and thus a corrupt file

if that is the case , delete the file and try downloading again

if downloads still fail , try downloading the mod manually , and once it's done downloading (and you verify the archive is complete and working) add it to NMM manually

if the problem still persists , you should try downloading and installing other mods with NMM , to try and identify what the problem really is

from the picture , you only have CBBE downloaded (unless there is a way to hide categories in NMM) , and for some reason it's in the wrong category (that doesn't really matter , but there might be an issue with your NMM installation , or you haven't set it up properly somehow)

and assuming it's your first time modding these games (I make this assumption as this is your first post on the forums , and a first post being a request for help usually comes from people with no prior modding experience) , I suggest you take a break from modding and go read a tutorial on how to approach this (there are several wonderful guides and tutorials online , some written while others are videos , and you should be able to easily find one that works for you , in a format you find comfortable) . if you don't get the basic understanding of how this works , you will likely encounter many issues with the modded game , so it's best to start from the basics and advance from there , rather than jumping into the dip end only to realize 40 hours in that you broke the game on day one , and lose all that progress (and yeah , these things do happen , and more often than you would guess)

please feel free to ask further questions , I'm sure us forum folk would love to try and provide further assistance if possible

try going to the folder where NMM stores downloaded mods (I think there is an option through the folder icon , but you'll have to verify this)

when you are there , try opening the CBBE archive (with Winrar or 7z , or a similar program) . see if you can successfully open the archive , or if you get an error (like unexpected end of archive , or something like that) . sometimes downloads fail , so you get a partial file , and thus a corrupt file

if that is the case , delete the file and try downloading again

if downloads still fail , try downloading the mod manually , and once it's done downloading (and you verify the archive is complete and working) add it to NMM manually

if the problem still persists , you should try downloading and installing other mods with NMM , to try and identify what the problem really is

from the picture , you only have CBBE downloaded (unless there is a way to hide categories in NMM) , and for some reason it's in the wrong category (that doesn't really matter , but there might be an issue with your NMM installation , or you haven't set it up properly somehow)

and assuming it's your first time modding these games (I make this assumption as this is your first post on the forums , and a first post being a request for help usually comes from people with no prior modding experience) , I suggest you take a break from modding and go read a tutorial on how to approach this (there are several wonderful guides and tutorials online , some written while others are videos , and you should be able to easily find one that works for you , in a format you find comfortable) . if you don't get the basic understanding of how this works , you will likely encounter many issues with the modded game , so it's best to start from the basics and advance from there , rather than jumping into the dip end only to realize 40 hours in that you broke the game on day one , and lose all that progress (and yeah , these things do happen , and more often than you would guess)

please feel free to ask further questions , I'm sure us forum folk would love to try and provide further assistance if possible

As I said above. I have used several other mods. I know my NMM is downloaded and installed correctly, because I have run other mods from the exact same place. All I have done is remove all other mods to test whether there was a conflict somewhere. Obviously there isn't a conflict with another mod because there are no other mods downloaded. It being in the wrong category is a bit odd because there is an option during install that says if you want categories. I said no, so the only category is "unassigned". This isn't the first mod I've used and I'm not just completely retarded. About redownloading CBBE, I have downloaded this about 30 times over the course of these past few weeks trying to fix it.

I never said you were retarded or anything like that (don't know how you got that impression , but I'm sorry if I somehow offended you)

most people don't remove their mods before testing the problematic mod , so you usually see a full list of mods (which is why I assumed this is your first time with this)

this only happened to you with CBBE right? all other mods install properly and work? have you encountered a similar error with any other mod?

how are you downloading this? manually or with NMM? which mods have you successfully installed? (just a few examples would help) . also , have you tested the game after installing said mods , to make sure they work?

if nothing works , you could consider either doing a manual installation of the mod , or using a different mod manager (like Mod Organizer)

I know it's not necessarily the solution you are looking for , but it's an option if you can't solve this (though I hope we'll be able to help you solve the issue)