So I am working on my player home. I was thinking about making a custom bobblehead display, but I cant figure out how to make it :confused: I looked at the script attached to the original bobblehead container, but to be honest. I didnt understand much. For my second question if I get it to work. How do I program in where the bobbleheads are going to be located/displayed after they are placed inside the container? Sorry if this is a dumb question, but I didnt find any posts or youtube videos about it

You’ll need to do a bit of work in Nifskope for this. Start by looking at the vanilla Bobblehead display mesh in Nifskope. You’ll see there is a display point (or node) where each Bobblehead will appear (a total of 20). Whatever new mesh you intent you use will need those points, nodes or whatever they are labeled as (offhand I can’t recall the exact term they appear with in Nifskope) applied to it. You’ll then need to adjust the position of each attach point to where you want the Bobbleheads to appear on your new object.

Then in the CK duplicate a vanilla Bobblehead stand to serve as your new one. Change the path of the NIF to point to your new mesh. You won’t need to change anything with the script as it is already applied to the base form you’ve duplicated.

EDIT: The display points are NiNodes labeled as BobbleHeadDummy and numbered 001-020

You’ll need to do a bit of work in Nifskope for this. Start by looking at the vanilla Bobblehead display mesh in Nifskope. You’ll see there is a display point (or node) where each Bobblehead will appear (a total of 20). Whatever new mesh you intent you use will need those points, nodes or whatever they are labeled as (offhand I can’t recall the exact term they appear with in Nifskope) applied to it. You’ll then need to adjust the position of each attach point to where you want the Bobbleheads to appear on your new object.

Then in the CK duplicate a vanilla Bobblehead stand to serve as your new one. Change the path of the NIF to point to your new mesh. You won’t need to change anything with the script as it is already applied to the base form you’ve duplicated.

EDIT: The display points are NiNodes labeled as BobbleHeadDummy and numbered 001-020

Oh wow. I didnt think about that. I have never used nifskope before so that will be fun :happy: I am working on it right now and I have a few more questions.

1. Can I just make a NIF file containing the nodes of the bobbleheads instead of having the nodes and a model? Lets say I make a shelf inside the CK. Then I can place the nodes on top of it. Would that work?. Is it not just to make the collision of the node collection a little bigger so that the "activate/open container" prompt will show when hovering over more than just the nodes?

2. Is there any way to change what is shows? Lets say I want to make a misc item display that displays items the same way. When you place, lets say a nuka cola inside the container. How do I specify what item to display and how do I make it so that it displays the right version of the item? (nuka cola default, quantum ect.) Is there a limit to what items this sort of method works for?

Edited by benstei21

1.That's not going to work from what I think you're asking...don't really follow what you're getting at. How do you propose lining up the display nodes in the CK? You can't do any of it without Nifskope as I stated,

2. Look at the Nuka Cola display shelf from the Nuka World DLC. By default it already does what you're asking about. To change it to a custom mesh you again will need to manipulate the same type of display nodes as in the Bobblhead shelf. The items displayed are more or less determined by a form list set as a property in the display shelf script. In the past I’ve used a modified form list to allow it to display Vim, which it doesn’t by default. Experiment with it and see if you can get it to do what you want.

Edited by RedRocketTV

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you. Sorry for late reply. I didnt get the first part to work. I switched out the default bobblehead display case with a wooden shelf. Moved the nodes, but when I imported it into the game it didnt have any collision and I didnt get the prompt to open/access container. I know the nodes are at the right place, but what else am I doing wrong? Sorry if these are stupid questions, but I am new to this :laugh:

The reason why you can't activate the shelf is because you don't have collision. When you replaced the default display case for the shelf You did this in nifscope right. Then you should be able to also copy the shelf's original collision mesh(the bhkNPCollisionObject node). If it gives you an error you might have to remove its target and re target it to the shelf after copying. After this you should be able to activate it. If you still can't you can verify if the collision is there and in the right place by placing one inside a test cell in the CK and pressing F4 which will show collision meshes.