New Vegas - Not Responding

robeagle

Hi I've been trying to fix this issue for **AGES** first it was the issue of nivida + Microsoft drivers, Managed to trick it into beleiving its running a different Nividia bit ,

So that was solved , Now I'm having the issue of not responding I've used LOOT , I've cleaned the files with The New Vegas Edit program , ALONG with the 4GB patch installed.

After say : 2-3 Hours it will crash. ( Upon further experimenting )

Is this good? Is there some-way to make this even better?

-EDIT- : Sometimes it lasts 1 Hour sometimes 3.

Edited by robeagle

Please see 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

If you are happy with the results of tricking the game into thinking you have a different (generally older) nVidia card, then go for it. Otherwise, consider "Cause-3" under the 'Issue: Vanilla game CTDs on startup' section of that same guide.

All of these are "shots in the dark" as you've only provided us with symptoms and no actual data to work from. Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article if you need more help. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

-Dubious-

Please see 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

If you are happy with the results of tricking the game into thinking you have a different (generally older) nVidia card, then go for it. Otherwise, consider "Cause-3" under the 'Issue: Vanilla game CTDs on startup' section of that same guide.

All of these are "shots in the dark" as you've only provided us with symptoms and no actual data to work from. Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article if you need more help. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

-Dubious-

How would I go about finding out all of this infomation ? , I did 100% install ENB.

Software :

Windows 10 Home

Loot

NVSE

NMM

Discord Overlay + Nivida Overlay

4GB Patch

As for my actual hardware,

MSI motherboard ( Fairly standard one at that .)

i5 Intel Core 4 Cores. Standard none overclocked speed.

VRAM: 3GB

RAM : 32GB

Harddrive : 2TB ( Atleast 1.3TB left)

Desktop build.

1050 Ti Geforce GPU [ But as Stated : game is seeing it as a 7100 or something like that.)

Cooling wise, Theres 6 fans all of which blowing in optimal directions.

650w PSU , enough power for everything + More.

NVSE Plugins :

Folders - CpomentDLLs , textinput

Jip_nvse.dll

jip_nvse.ini

MCM.dll

nvac.dll

NVSE_EhancedCamera.Dll

NVSE_EnhancedCamera.ini

pn_nvse.dll

sr_New_Vegas_Stutter_Remover.dll - Ini - Txt

Ui_Organiser.dll

Load Order:

0 0 FalloutNV.esm

1 1 DeadMoney.esm

2 2 HonestHearts.esm

3 3 OldWorldBlues.esm

4 4 LonesomeRoad.esm

5 5 GunRunnersArsenal.esm

6 6 ClassicPack.esm

7 7 MercenaryPack.esm

8 8 TribalPack.esm

9 9 CaravanPack.esm

10 a YUP - Base Game + All DLC.esm

11 b New Vegas Redesigned 3.esm

12 c FCOMaster.esm

13 d Gomorrah Redesigned v2.esp

14 e Bitter Springs Redesigned.esp

15 f Casa Madrid Redesigned.esp

16 10 SolidProject.esm

17 11 Project Nevada - Core.esm

18 12 Project Nevada - Equipment.esm

19 13 Project Nevada - Rebalance.esp

20 14 Project Nevada - Cyberware.esp

21 15 oHUD.esm

22 16 SomeguySeries.esm

23 17 YUP - NPC Fixes (Base Game + All DLC).esp

24 18 The Weapon Mod Menu.esp

25 19 Mission Mojave - Ultimate Edition.esp

26 1a Vurt's WFO.esp

27 1b New Vegas Redesigned 3.esp

28 1c EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp

29 1d dD - Enhanced Blood Main NV.esp

30 1e boa ncrpahelmet.esp

31 1f Boacombat2glove.esp

32 20 FCO - GlowingOne.esp

33 21 Roberts_NewVegas.esp

34 22 FCO - Roberts Patch.esp

35 23 FCO - NPC Changes.esp

36 24 FCO - OHSB NPC Edits.esp

37 25 Reload Sounds.esp

38 26 Real Recoil.esp

39 27 1nivVSLArmors.esp

40 28 Russell.esp

41 29 FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting - All DLC.esp

42 2a ADAM Complete.esp

43 2b ADAM - MERGE.esp

44 2c NukaCola-Ojo.esp

45 2d pyDoF.esp

46 2e CAGE 1.9.3.2.esp

47 2f PerkEveryLevel.esp

48 30 FCO - Russell.esp

49 31 The Mod Configuration Menu.esp

( In order )

Thats all the infomation I can gather that the help page requests I give.

Edited by robeagle

Thanks. That info tells us that hardware-wise you should be fine. Though you might want to bear in mind that this is an old game and it will only make use of up to two of your CPU Cores. It doesn't really take advantage of multi-threading, so you are essentially running on a single core at the native clock speed. (That clock speed is part of the motherboard build, found where you got the "i5 Intel Core 4 Cores" info, and there is no such thing as a "standard speed"; only a "native" or "overclocked" one. Just something to add to that collection of info next time.) But that is not your current problem: which appears to possibly be with your video adapter.

The game only really knows about your video card from the Win10 OS. It should not need to be faked into thinking you have an older card unless the video driver you are using is incompatible. But that is a rathole down which you may not care to burrow, so as I said "If you are happy with the results of tricking the game into thinking you have a different (generally older) nVidia card, then go for it." Otherwise you are going to have to get into video card settings and testing drivers. (The latest and greatest generation of drivers often are not tested against older games. Backwards compatibility is not guaranteed.)

The most obvious issue with your "load order" is using both YUP and MMUE. Please see the 'Towards Game Stability' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. You really need to use a "Merge Patch File" with that collection of mods. Please see the 'Third Rule: The Rule of One' and 'Merge Patch File' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

Did you apply any of the "Heap size" or other fixes in the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section?

The game has "memory leaks". Getting 2-3 hours before a CTD is pretty good. You might want to try using the tool "CleanMem", which periodically (you can set the interval; default is every 15 minutes) tells the OS to perform it's built-in "clean up" of memory. It has a "mini-monitor" that tracks memory usage. Doesn't seem to hurt and might help.

-Dubious-

Thanks. That info tells us that hardware-wise you should be fine. Though you might want to bear in mind that this is an old game and it will only make use of up to two of your CPU Cores. It doesn't really take advantage of multi-threading, so you are essentially running on a single core at the native clock speed. (That clock speed is part of the motherboard build, found where you got the "i5 Intel Core 4 Cores" info, and there is no such thing as a "standard speed"; only a "native" or "overclocked" one. Just something to add to that collection of info next time.) But that is not your current problem: which appears to possibly be with your video adapter.

The game only really knows about your video card from the Win10 OS. It should not need to be faked into thinking you have an older card unless the video driver you are using is incompatible. But that is a rathole down which you may not care to burrow, so as I said "If you are happy with the results of tricking the game into thinking you have a different (generally older) nVidia card, then go for it." Otherwise you are going to have to get into video card settings and testing drivers. (The latest and greatest generation of drivers often are not tested against older games. Backwards compatibility is not guaranteed.)

The most obvious issue with your "load order" is using both YUP and MMUE. Please see the 'Towards Game Stability' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. You really need to use a "Merge Patch File" with that collection of mods. Please see the 'Third Rule: The Rule of One' and 'Merge Patch File' sections of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article.

Did you apply any of the "Heap size" or other fixes in the 'Solutions to "Crash To Desktop" (CTD) problems' section?

The game has "memory leaks". Getting 2-3 hours before a CTD is pretty good. You might want to try using the tool "CleanMem", which periodically (you can set the interval; default is every 15 minutes) tells the OS to perform it's built-in "clean up" of memory. It has a "mini-monitor" that tracks memory usage. Doesn't seem to hurt and might help.

-Dubious-

Alright I've removed MMUE * Decided by the fact YUP has more bug fixing features, for stability. * As for graphics drivers, the version its on does'nt support older games. Which is of course why I have to use a different .dll As for that program I'll test her out.

I dont quite understand the " Merge Patch Files" I've never understood those.

First of all there are several similar terms which are used with distinctly different meanings. These add greatly to the confusion unless you take the time to learn the distinctions. They are covered in depth in the "Terminology" section of the wiki "Merged Plugin Guidelines for Personal Use" article. (That article is primarily about a completely different process: building "merged plugin files" in order to reduce the number of "active" plugins in your "load order". That process does NOT resolve record level conflicts. The two results can work together.)

In short a "Merge Patch" resolves record level conflicts. By default the game resolves record conflicts by ignoring all previous plugins (completely; even records not in conflict) in favor of the last loading plugin with any record in conflict. (This is the "Rule of One" method of determining the conflict "winner".) As an example: Your "FCO - Russell" plugin (at the bottom of our "load order") is going to "win" over every other FCO plugin that touches on any record it does, and those plugins might as well not be installed as a consequence. This is also why "sort order" is important: it determines which plugin is going to be "last" and thus "the winner". The "Merge Patch" file resolves the conflicts between individual records so the rest of the plugin's records can still be used as well. This makes it a highly desirable (IMO: essential) solution.

The easiest way to create a "Merge Patch" file is with "Wrye Flash" (which calls it a "Bash Patch" file). It uses an algorithm and "bash tags" provided by the mod authors in their mod headers. (My "Bash Patch" (BP) handles 11,000 records for me.) The alternative is to manually create your own patch file. It's primary advantage is you know exactly which conflicting records are going to be the "winner". The drawback is you need to rebuild the patch file every time you change your "load order". (I'm doing this constantly as I test mods, which is why careful attention to mod purpose and sort order along with the BP is "good enough" for me.) Please see the 'Merge Patch File' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article which covers both approaches to the process.

-Dubious-

First of all there are several similar terms which are used with distinctly different meanings. These add greatly to the confusion unless you take the time to learn the distinctions. They are covered in depth in the "Terminology" section of the wiki "Merged Plugin Guidelines for Personal Use" article. (That article is primarily about a completely different process: building "merged plugin files" in order to reduce the number of "active" plugins in your "load order". That process does NOT resolve record level conflicts. The two results can work together.)

In short a "Merge Patch" resolves record level conflicts. By default the game resolves record conflicts by ignoring all previous plugins (completely; even records not in conflict) in favor of the last loading plugin with any record in conflict. (This is the "Rule of One" method of determining the conflict "winner".) As an example: Your "FCO - Russell" plugin (at the bottom of our "load order") is going to "win" over every other FCO plugin that touches on any record it does, and those plugins might as well not be installed as a consequence. This is also why "sort order" is important: it determines which plugin is going to be "last" and thus "the winner". The "Merge Patch" file resolves the conflicts between individual records so the rest of the plugin's records can still be used as well. This makes it a highly desirable (IMO: essential) solution.

The easiest way to create a "Merge Patch" file is with "Wrye Flash" (which calls it a "Bash Patch" file). It uses an algorithm and "bash tags" provided by the mod authors in their mod headers. (My "Bash Patch" (BP) handles 11,000 records for me.) The alternative is to manually create your own patch file. It's primary advantage is you know exactly which conflicting records are going to be the "winner". The drawback is you need to rebuild the patch file every time you change your "load order". (I'm doing this constantly as I test mods, which is why careful attention to mod purpose and sort order along with the BP is "good enough" for me.) Please see the 'Merge Patch File' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article which covers both approaches to the process.

-Dubious-

So in terms of : Stability and performance and run time.

Load Order is the key issue ,and LOOT is good for that so in theory if I just use loot? Because that WyreFlash makes no sense to me.

I've sorted the order several times. Double checked updates etc.. But now it crashes a lot quicker. Installed nothing new either. The Wiki pages are fairly.. Complicated also..

Edited by robeagle

If you want "simple": stick with vanilla.

There are a number of "key issues" involved in getting stability and performance from a "modded" game. Lots of little steps that have to be taken. "Load Order" is just one. "Install Order" is another. Choice and number of mods is another. Compatibility of mods is yet another. Record level conflict resolution is not optional if you want to use more than one mod that touches the same record, and you can only tell that by looking at the internals of the mods in question (i.e. in FNVEdit) unless the mod is adding something that doesn't exist in the vanilla game. Overhauls such as "Solid Project", "Project Nevada", "Adam", and FCO definitely do. It is complicated. But it's all actually easy enough when you break it down to it's individual component steps. Does take time and learning how to do so; and you can't be lazy and only do "close enough".

Please see the wiki "Bashed Patch file with Marked Mergeables" article. That covers the minimal steps needed to create a "Bash Patch" file. (My apologies: I should have mentioned that article in my earlier reply.)

The very basics are laid out in the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. Every single thing pointed out there is important. That document grew out of my initial research into how everyone before me had reported on how to get a stable game installed. My only advantage was years of experience telling me how important it was to perform that initial research. I then spent more than a week following and documenting that "step-by-step" procedure to build a game that was rock solid from day one. (Not that there weren't problems. Just that they were immediately noticed and fixable before "serious play" began.)

The wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide grew out of gathering individual problems and solutions from all over the internet and compiling them in a single place as a wiki article. Other than the "checklist" at the beginning, it's based around "symptoms" and solutions. Sometimes you have to creatively "read between the lines" on the symptoms to find the correct "Issue:".

Other articles in the wiki cover specific issues that require more in-depth discussion to understand and implement. They are generally complex subjects. They can only be simplified so much. They can easily require multiple readings and referencing to them in order to comprehend the subject matter. Perhaps someone else can make them more "understandable". They are welcome to try (that's why it's in a wiki), but "they" are going to have to make the effort. I've done what I can, and I do update them as I learn new things or refine the information.

You say you are crashing more quickly now. What changes did you implement? If it was just sorting, let's see your current sorted load order. when are you crashing? (What circumstances or timing?)

Scrolling back to look at your initial list of mods, I noticed that you are using both the "Discord Overlay + Nivida Overlay". Overlays in general (even Steam's) are a bad idea with this game. Try with them disabled.

-Dubious-

If you want "simple": stick with vanilla.

There are a number of "key issues" involved in getting stability and performance from a "modded" game. Lots of little steps that have to be taken. "Load Order" is just one. "Install Order" is another. Choice and number of mods is another. Compatibility of mods is yet another. Record level conflict resolution is not optional if you want to use more than one mod that touches the same record, and you can only tell that by looking at the internals of the mods in question (i.e. in FNVEdit) unless the mod is adding something that doesn't exist in the vanilla game. Overhauls such as "Solid Project", "Project Nevada", "Adam", and FCO definitely do. It is complicated. But it's all actually easy enough when you break it down to it's individual component steps. Does take time and learning how to do so; and you can't be lazy and only do "close enough".

Please see the wiki "Bashed Patch file with Marked Mergeables" article. That covers the minimal steps needed to create a "Bash Patch" file. (My apologies: I should have mentioned that article in my earlier reply.)

The very basics are laid out in the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article. Every single thing pointed out there is important. That document grew out of my initial research into how everyone before me had reported on how to get a stable game installed. My only advantage was years of experience telling me how important it was to perform that initial research. I then spent more than a week following and documenting that "step-by-step" procedure to build a game that was rock solid from day one. (Not that there weren't problems. Just that they were immediately noticed and fixable before "serious play" began.)

The wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide grew out of gathering individual problems and solutions from all over the internet and compiling them in a single place as a wiki article. Other than the "checklist" at the beginning, it's based around "symptoms" and solutions. Sometimes you have to creatively "read between the lines" on the symptoms to find the correct "Issue:".

Other articles in the wiki cover specific issues that require more in-depth discussion to understand and implement. They are generally complex subjects. They can only be simplified so much. They can easily require multiple readings and referencing to them in order to comprehend the subject matter. Perhaps someone else can make them more "understandable". They are welcome to try (that's why it's in a wiki), but "they" are going to have to make the effort. I've done what I can, and I do update them as I learn new things or refine the information.

You say you are crashing more quickly now. What changes did you implement? If it was just sorting, let's see your current sorted load order. when are you crashing? (What circumstances or timing?)

Scrolling back to look at your initial list of mods, I noticed that you are using both the "Discord Overlay + Nivida Overlay". Overlays in general (even Steam's) are a bad idea with this game. Try with them disabled.

-Dubious-

Honestly all that WyreFlash talk just sounds like gibberish to me, I can build PC's I can modify them .I can do some basic coding and scripting, But all of Bethesda's games are BROKEN to begin with, The wiki articles are a Mess and give no understandable directions.