Skyrim Freeze + NMM broke (please help)

ToGood4U

Hello! I am having quite a few problems with Skyrim and NMM (Nexus Mod Manager). Alright so the problems started yesterday when i saw a friend playing Skyrim and thought "hey I want to play through that game again". A feeling I'm sure quite a lot of you can relate with. So I wanted to play basically vanilla with just some few added mods. Mainly to increase "immersion" or fix bugs. Nothing game changing or anything like that. So I open up NMM and start disabling most of my mods. After that I wanted to enable some mods but when I double clicked the mod it didn't enable. So I clicked on the mod and then the "Activate" button. But still nothing happened. I thought "Whatever" and started to play Skyrim. All went fine no problems and i had a genuinely great time, but when I started it up today after fiddling around with the mods a bit it started crashing. Again I had to come to a compromise so i simply disabled everything except the DLC's of course, and that's where my current problems began. I started up Skyrim and it froze on the main menu. But when I say freeze I don't really mean 100% isn't responding. The steam FPS counter still worked, the music played and the smoke-y background still played. I could still open the console. So being a master of Skyrim hacking* from having fun on side character (I try to cheat as little as possible on my actual characters) I tried some commands until I wrote into the console "load quicksave". It started loading and I felt a rush of relief, until it completed loading and crashed. It probably crashed because of the mods missing so sure I can make a new character and play through the beginning again no biggie. But the problems I'm trying to solve is:

1. Fix NMM so i can actually load mods and disable them correctly

2. Fix so that Skyrim responds to my keyboard/controller (preferably controller although i tried both in all types of ways)

Only serious answers, I've already played around with the load order and "LOOT" so there isn't much to be done there. Any help would be greatly appreciated and also thank you for reading through the whole thing, seriously i need the help seeing as I am far from a modding wiz and desperately need to play Skyrim, and by extension your help.

*Not actually a master at Skyrim hacking.