Sword Request Competition

jaysus

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What hapened to real heros.., Like "Piet Pieterszoon Hein".., or "Willem van Oranje" or "Sir Francis Drake".

But on to the real topic, CuChullain why not make a nordic sword.

You know the detail thing that it's made outoff 3 "woven" rodes of steel, right?

No. Youve failed miserable, and you have brought shame to your family name. Sorry, kid, but the way things are going... Seppuku might be your only way. I mean, I guess Hara-Kiri would work too, but I don't have a lot of time, so...

EDIT: I should probably go ahead and clarify that this comment was directed at CuChillain.

EDIT2:

What hapened to real heros.., Like "Piet Pieterszoon Hein".., or "Willem van Oranje" or "Sir Francis Drake".

I know what you mean... it seems like there aren't that many people around to be inspired by, these days.

Maybe they are one sided heros. Especially William, Irish heritage here.

You know the detail thing that it's made outoff 3 "woven" rodes of steel, right?

Cu..., I meant "Willem van Oranje", "Wilhelmus van Nassau" or "Willem de Zwijger" all the same guy, but I for give you, it's really hard to follow histotic name all those Willems's and Wiliams's and of course Willem is dutch for Wiliam (or the other way around).

What you think of the sword idea?

Oh, historical figures. William of Orange, at the moment. Rather, Williams of Oranges. CuChullain thought that jroin was calling William III of England a hero, when in fact jroin was referring to William the Silent. Conclusion: There are too many Williams, Willems, Wilhelms, et cetera.

So you are saying that Willem Van Oranje" is not "William of Orange"? Where we get present day Orangemen in Ireland? Just curious.

Cu..., I meant "Willem van Oranje", "Wilhelmus van Nassau" or "Willem de Zwijger" all the same guy, but I for give you, it's really hard to follow histotic name all those Willems's and Wiliams's and of course Willem is dutch for Wiliam (or the other way around).

What you think of the sword idea?

Yep. Willem van Oranje, AKA Willem de Zwijger (William the Silent) was a rebellious nobleman who led the Dutch in the 80-Years War, which liberated the Dutch Republic from a rather oppressive Spanish rule. The William of Orange I think you're talking about is a spooky English king, who was basically a huge ass to the Scots and the Irish about religion.

EDIT: Did I mention that the Dutch have, like, the most badass mapmakers ever?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Leo_belgicus.png

Archived