Vortex plugin section needs somthing

Reidlos

Either a full manual or a load before option.

I am trying to move a plugin higher up the list but its way down the list and "Load after" somthing Higher up wont move it.

Its not going to lose any of its masters moving it where i want, it just wont move at all

You can define a priority for that. The lower the priority, the higher up the plugin will be sorted, i.e. priority -1 will be sorted before all other plugins with priority 0.

There are two priority values, one "global" and one "local". The local one is only used for plugins with the same global priority.

To see the plugin's properties (including its priority) double click it.

You can define a priority for that. The lower the priority, the higher up the plugin will be sorted, i.e. priority -1 will be sorted before all other plugins with priority 0.

There are two priority values, one "global" and one "local". The local one is only used for plugins with the same global priority.

To see the plugin's properties (including its priority) double click it.

While a potential work around, with none of the other plugins having a priority set (all 0/0) id have to set a bunch of other ones to make sure they are all still lined up ;(

I am confused. Are you trying to sort the mods in the display, or the actual load order of the esm/esp? If the former, Vortex relies on conflict rules, so the order in the display doesn't matter, just what conflict rules are defined. If you are talking about the load order, run Loot manually, and add a metadata tag to change the plugins priority or add some load after rules to the plugins to force the sorting they way you want. Since Vortex calls the Loot API, these metadata tags should be honored. (Caveat, I have not tried the Loot trick to validate it would work)

The Conflict rules also get me because I sort of want to visualize the plugin priority for which plugin is having assets ignored and which are being used in a line. But the upside is that you can actually have more complex conflict rules between mods than would be possible if it just used a single displayed linear order for this priority assignment.

Why would you want to do that? Vortex already uses LOOT's masterlist for sorting. Setting a priority manually or even creating a rule would be needed in very special cases only.

I am confused. Are you trying to sort the mods in the display, or the actual load order of the esm/esp? If the former, Vortex relies on conflict rules, so the order in the display doesn't matter, just what conflict rules are defined. If you are talking about the load order, run Loot manually, and add a metadata tag to change the plugins priority or add some load after rules to the plugins to force the sorting they way you want. Since Vortex calls the Loot API, these metadata tags should be honored. (Caveat, I have not tried the Loot trick to validate it would work)

The Conflict rules also get me because I sort of want to visualize the plugin priority for which plugin is having assets ignored and which are being used in a line. But the upside is that you can actually have more complex conflict rules between mods than would be possible if it just used a single displayed linear order for this priority assignment.

The plugin in question is loading very low after sorting.

it will not conflict if it get moved very high. I want it higher because its over writing some things (seen in Xedit) that would be easier to patch if it was before another thing.

but this loot based forced plugin order "knows best" and wont let me move the plugin. Even if i say load after somthing that loads first,it says "Oh well you are at the bottom and that Technically is loading AFTER what you want...." lol

Double click the plugin in question, in the right sidebar that pulls out (Vortex's plugin data editor or whatever it is called), make sure that "sorted automatically" below the "Lock Mod Index" heading at the very bottom is switched to off (greyed out). I have noticed that sometimes (especially if plugins are reinstalled during a session of Vortex), Vortex will set this to locked index. Change it to off if it is not, hit "Sort Now" up on the top orange bar. If that does not work, try reloading Vortex after you have switched it off and hit "Sort Now".

Also, what type of plugin is this that you are attempting to edit priority? If it is an ESL plugin downloaded from CC Vortex does not manage these. However, if the priority of one of these ESLs is not set to (-120) select it set global priority to (-120) hit "Sort Now".

To manually set a "load after rule" for any plugin do the following. In the "Dependencies" Column in the plugin manager, click the icon next to the plugin in that column (looks like little tree graph or a stamp from far away lol). Then hit Edit, this will change these icons to a list of checkboxes. Scroll to the plugin you want to load after, check that box. Then click on the original checkbox to change it back. Then hit "Sort Now" option.

If none of these work, post a copy of your load order (in spoiler tags) from: C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\Fallout4\loadorder.txt

This would help with further assistance. A temporary workaround for loading in FO4Edit, is to manually edit this file copy/paste the plugin you want in the order desired for editing (above or below another plugin). Save the file, right-click the file -> Properties -> Check "Read Only" -> Apply -> Ok

Run FO4Edit, the correct load order should be displayed. Make sure after you are done editing to change loadorder.txt back from ReadOnly. Vortex may give a warning that it needs to fix it, you can also use that option to automatically fix it back.

Edited by OuroborosBlack

The plugin in question is loading very low after sorting.

it will not conflict if it get moved very high. I want it higher because its over writing some things (seen in Xedit) that would be easier to patch if it was before another thing.

but this loot based forced plugin order "knows best" and wont let me move the plugin. Even if i say load after somthing that loads first,it says "Oh well you are at the bottom and that Technically is loading AFTER what you want...." lol

Nothing "technical" about it, if mod a is mod index 5 and mod b is mod index 99 and there is a rule "mod b after mod a" then that rule is fulfilled, why would it move it?

There seems to be a misconception how rules work or are intended to work, "load a after b" does not mean "put a immediately after b without moving b", it means "when the list gets sorted, ensure a is somewhere after b in such a way that all other rules and priorities are also enforced".

Rules are intended to enforce interdependencies between the two involved plugins, nothing else. They aren't change instructions that get applied to your existing list.

Don't think of rules as a way to move the plugin to the place you previously figured out it should go to. Define rules for the conflicts between plugins you know about and let loot figure out the order (one order) that fulfills the rules.

If you have plugins a, b and c and the only rule is "b after a" then the load order may end up as "c, a, b", "a, c, b" or "a, b, c". If c has no conflicts with either a or b then all three load orders are fine, they will all work equally well. You should not care about which of the three gets used, just go with what loot decides.

If however you find that c does have a conflict with a (for example) then you should define a rule between them, even if your current load order already has them in the order you prefer, to ensure it will stay that way in the future.

For me the main thing missing from the plugin section is an "enable all" option for the plugins. If I purge my mods and redeploy, all of my plugins are disabled. It's annoying having to manually click on hundreds of plugins to re-enable them.