Destroy the Thieves Guild!

commissarmike

Not sure if this was covered anywhere but I can't find it.

It always bugged me that Riften is essentially a lost cause as a good guy. There is no way to really save the people from the crap they put up with and the Thieves guild nonesense. In reality, you should be able to go down there, murder every last one of them, boot Maven Black-Briar in the ass (or maybe not that but at least knock her down a couple pegs) and make it a better place for everyone. Your options stand at 1) Join the TG, do illegal and immoral stuff, make people's lives worse or 2) Ignore it and pretend it doesn't matter and it kinda doesn't mean much without you helping build it up. I can't imagien a self respecting hero would do either.

However, everyone down there is essential almost and there is little you can do. Also the people live in perpetual misery.

The people of Riften deserve better.

*Bonus Points - The 24 unusual gems quest...pretty annoying you can only do it if you join the TG. Truly no one else in the entire world knows this legend or how to assemble the crown? Seems lazy.

Good timing, because I felt nostalgic and started a new game with the SE, and now I am once again facing Riften, and once again wanting to kill EVERY thief, except Sapphire. I like her.

I want to kill every Black-Briar as well; except for the alchemist chick. I WANT Maven to know before she dies at my hand, that ALL her terrible sons are dead.

@iamricky22 - Right? The base thieves are basically a bunch of incompetent morons who treat you like crap even though you are single handledly fixing their organization and the ONLY one seemingly bringing in money. Meanwhile they lean against barrels and eat bread all day. And THAT is if you are a bad guy. As a good guy you should be able to string them up publicly while the people rejoice. And Maven Black Briar...yeah her life needs to be ruined, she needs to see it happen and she needs to know you did it lol

@HellKitten133 - That mod looks awesome!I might try it on another play-through since it seems to have a lot of sweeping changes. Thanks for sharing!

The mod I found form oldrim is https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28880?tab=description. It looks fantastic, but the author has vehemently stated he/she will not convert it or allow it to be converted. Their right to be sure and I respect that, but the rationale of it being because of what Bethesda promised seems odd. I'd love to see someone who knows what they are doing (IE - not me I can barely make basic changes at this point) create something similar.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
Posted 01 March 2019 - 01:43 PM

@ commissarmike - you could port it yourself...there are very good guides on how to do so.

Sounds like a great idea, and think I may attempt to convert it myself for my game, and see what happens lol

• 4 months later...

This really does need to happen, I downloaded the old skyrim version and then couldn't open the game, then discovered that it's not compatible with special edition, which if I remember correctly is the only one available from steam now.

I tried doing this and it didn't work, simply unable to load the game again.