Anything to fix broken achievements?

GuyInDogSuit

I've played through three different characters, and I've upgraded potions more than 30 times, and closed ALL the damn rifts in the game, and those achievements still just won't pop! Is there any fix for this at all?

Claiming you've completed the requirements for "those achievements" doesn't make it so. And you didn't even say which achievements you're talking about, much less give the details that would allow anyone to figure out what's going on.

Thought it was pretty clear when I said, "I've upgraded potions more than 30 times, and closed ALL the damn rifts in the game." And I'm not claiming I did, I'm stating the facts. It's nice when you ask for help and get a rather passive-aggressive, somewhat hostile response in return.

Edited by GuyInDogSuit

Claiming, "I've done everything" is useless for troubleshooting. WHAT have you done? Precisely?

For example, how do you know you've destroyed all the Rifts? Check your Journal and list each area and the number destroyed. Without that sort of detailed information no one can help you.

NOTE: With the exception of one DLC achievement when playing on the XB1, I haven't heard of any bugs regarding getting the badges.

Yes, I've checked my journal. And I've checked the map. There are no "Rifts in...." quests to do, and there are no rift markers on any of the maps. This includes the DLC as well, just to be sure. I don't know if it counts the two you seal before actually having access to the world map/Haven, but those were sealed as well, regardless.

I've upgraded all the potions, tonics, and grenades. I know this because there are no locked/question marks in the list, and I've counted all of the upgrades I've done. Well over 30.

The astrariums are all marked done, as well. I kept a list of the ones I did in each area, to be sure. There's well over 30 astrariums in the game, so doing all of them should have met the requirements.

As far as troubleshooting goes, I've tried doing them both online and offline and with three different characters. I suppose the only thing to try now is to do it without mods. I really can't enjoy the game without them, though.

Edited by GuyInDogSuit

Do you play with the Command Console enabled? I know that doing so in the earlier DA games results in no character progress or achievement information being passed to the EA servers while in that mode.

[EDIT: There are only 15 Astrariums in the game (18, if you have the JoH DLC). Maybe you meant rifts? The "Stargazer" achievement requires solving all 15 in a single play-through. And the "Marked for Greatness" achievement requires sealing 75 Rifts in a single play-through. To acquire the "Master Alchemist" achievement you would have perform about half of all the possible upgrades, again in a single play-through, as there are 63 total in the game.]

Edited by Thandal
Added some more information.

Do you play with the Command Console enabled? I know that doing so in the earlier DA games results in no character progress or achievement information being passed to the EA servers while in that mode.

I don't think I have. How would I check?

EDIT: I checked the advanced game launch options, and I don't see a command line there. So, I guess that means no console?

Edited by GuyInDogSuit

[EDIT: There are only 15 Astrariums in the game (18, if you have the JoH DLC). Maybe you meant rifts? The "Stargazer" achievement requires solving all 15 in a single play-through. And the "Marked for Greatness" achievement requires sealing 75 Rifts in a single play-through. To acquire the "Master Alchemist" achievement you would have perform about half of all the possible upgrades, again in a single play-through, as there are 63 total in the game.]

Sorry, my mistake, I was going off what I thought was good memory. If I remember right, there were three in each major exploration zone. I did all three, for each zone, including the Frostbasin ones.

Same with the rifts. Every rift in each zone, including the Frostbasin. I always reached level 30 and max influence from just sealing rifts.

I don't understand why the "Master Alchemist" one didn't work, as on the last playthrough, I still have some side stuff undone before doing the main story final battle, and I counted 37 upgrades already enabled. Isn't that enough for it?

• 2 weeks later...

From the Terms and Policies (link in the top-right of every page, in case you forgot what you read and agreed to when you registered for an account):

Do not bump topics
Bumping is posting in a thread to simply "bump" it back to the top of the forum listings with no additional or useful content. An exception to this rule is topics about technical issues: in such cases the original poster is permitted to refresh the topic once after a few days have passed without any comments from other Nexus members.

and:

Do not spam (and no post-count padding)
Spam means
  • Posting one liners. Replying to a thread and just saying something like "hey!" "yeah!" "lol" "I agree" "no" etc.
  • Posting the same thread/post repeatedly in order to gain attention.