Will the Ck auto. fix errors in mods?

bill8872

I been trying for a wile to figure out a stuttering issue I have. Wile I know why, it is due to a few mods the directly edit almost every NPC in the game.

Unique NPC's, and Better Settlers. Both mods according to the CK have well over 5000 (Yes I do mean thousand) errors.

Do I have to live with those errors, as trying anything my self is way beyond my knowledge to fix my self.

It is tough to say because there are different levels of significance between errors. Some are probably harmless. Even just loading the vanilla Fallout.esm will result in a bunch of errors in that window.

I'm not sure how much fixing the CK does just by loading an esp. It very well could break that plugin to re-save after loading it in CK. It could be that it's looking for certain files that you have different paths for and saving it in that state will blank some things out.

In a case like this, you should probably ask the mod author if they are aware of the errors, if there is a fix, etc.

Edited by dagobaking

Can you give a few examples of the errors it shows related to mod? The vanilla game +DLCs gives near to 15000 errors itself. Even when I use a "current file" filter, it still showes some vanilla errors not related to a current mod. So it's just really impossible to say anything about your errors without looking at them.

In the thread there is a video part way down, that shows the affect of the errors on NPCs.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6576016-freezesstuttering-with-editing-npcs-mod-or-leveled-lists/

I honestly don't know which are by the mod. After saving the mod last night one is now down to 3600 errors.

Many say master file, so I am assuming those are FO4, and/or the DLCs, and many do say which DLC it is.

Other;s I don't know, as I have very little knowledge about this.

Edited by bill8872

To show errors only from the active file, follow these steps:

Find Layout line on the top of the warning window (the one you get with errors). There is a little button with 3 dots on the right from the layout line. Press it.

A window with options will pop up. You need to select these options one by one and tick "hidden" on the bottom of the window until all options apart from "CURRENT" become greyed out.

Then press "save as" on the bottom of this window and give your layout a new name. Now you can close this window and go back to the warning window. Select the created layout in the drop down menu.

This layout can still show a some of the vanilla and dlc errors, but very few.