Fo4: How big can possibly the max. Interior Cell Limit ?

platimax

Hello,i am Amateur.
Does anyone know how big a maximum of an interior cell may be?I have not started yet and I'm well over 100 percent.
Is there more detailed information than older CK documentation for Skyrim,
but it is only one percent of my project. So far no problems, but its´s only 1%
Sometimes only a few houses, walls, floors ...
nothing else.
Thank you :confused:

I don't have an answer, but when you're in the CK in the exterior, you often see 10x the 'maximum' of 100% and still the game runs very well.

I'll say this, if you're building a really large interior, I'd recommend designing it so that you can use room portals to cull rendering (ie. a hallway to separate sub areas, a turn).

I don't have an answer, but when you're in the CK in the exterior, you often see 10x the 'maximum' of 100% and still the game runs very well.

I'll say this, if you're building a really large interior, I'd recommend designing it so that you can use room portals to cull rendering (ie. a hallway to separate sub areas, a turn).

Thank you csbx, i thought similary.significant is perhaps visible surfaces and I would have to divide into cells in an emergency ?

it would be so a city ââin a cave :-) and a bit too much..

Edited by platimax

There's no real limit to how big an interior can be, although you might run into float overflows when you do something stupid like placing an object at 4.8 billion on one of the axes.

Your more immediate concern is performance. To learn more about optimizing cells, read this thread.

There's no real limit to how big an interior can be, although you might run into float overflows when you do something stupid like placing an object at 4.8 billion on one of the axes.

Your more immediate concern is performance. To learn more about optimizing cells, read this thread.

Thank you.Its a good link.

I think this is later

a good video for me.

Edited by platimax

Now that I've tried to visualize what this might look like, it seems to me that the real performance hit will be whatever meshes and textures you 'enclose' the space with. Or are you considering masking it with fog or something ?

Thank you.Its a good link.

I think this is later

a good video for me.

Uh, you should really try to use something made for FO4. There have been lots of changes to optimization systems with FO4.

Sorry for that miserable english. Sure, i´m at the beginning and have nothing installed, only plates,roofs few stairs etc.
No navmesh, nothing.. i´m only building and looking tutorials. i know them all, but forgotten most.
later i would divide the great "room" so that i could make roomboands and portals .
the fog is off,i mean and no problems.
I only thought it is a problem and is to late ^^ . So i must better building for roomboands or in emergency i make more rooms.

Either that or you can use the precombination/visibility system described in the other thread. Roombounds and Occlusion Planes should generally yield better results if used well, but that's pretty time consuming and boring, finicky work. Precombination is click some buttons, get free FPS. But it's not as powerful as the other technique.