God Of War Axe (Leviathan)

nitanmarcel

Ghosu my man, I've had a go at making this axe long ago when the trailer first surfaced, too bad I'm too much of a lazy c**t to get it done! Bahaha

Mine wasn't THAT good though, and I didn't have the retopology, uv mapping and everything else other than the model done...

Good to have you (at least somewhat) back into modding!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks.

Well, "I'm back" for a short visit, new job on a game might be on prospect so i got to finish this asap.

How's it going? Axe model is finished and imported, so that part is done. That's rarely the problem, can finish pretty much everything in <24h when it comes to 3D modeling.

The "funny" aka nasty stuff is the rest. This weekend i'll check out if i find a QUICK and EASY method to add a throw and/or return mechanic. If it takes too long I'll release the axe alone as 1H/2H version.

Greetings

Edited by ghosu

Oh Hel, this is gonna be as dope as Kratos' beard!!!!!Even without the Throw and return animation (though it'd be dope, there's probably a mod for it and there is probably an enchantment with said mod to make a weapon re-enter your inventory) This will be one hell of a mod!!

Pls don't start asking all the time...i finished 'bout 99% of all mods i started, I'm not that kind of person that promises stuff without delivering.

That being said, atm I'm waiting for feedback on my question in the modding section:

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6594986-throw-and-return-to-player-weapon-gow4-axe-thors-hammer-etc

As you see, no response yet...even back in the modding prime of Skyrim, there were not that many people with advanced modding knowledge around, i guess it looks much worse now ^^

There is a huge difference if someone shares this knowledge with you or if you have to waste days or weeks on it - time i can't spend ;)

I got some time tomorrow to have a look on it, if no one replies to my thread this weekend i'll simply release the weapon without that feature asap - maybe just add an optional dirty throwing animation or whatever.

@ Surinen: I only played GOW3

Greetings

I see. I have asked because there is another great weapon in GoW4 that might pick up your interest, at least this is what I think judging by the mods you have created. And no, it is not the one that Kratos wields at any point of the game. But without completing the game it would be a spoiler to tell.

I hope there will be someone to help you.

About this axe. Will its runes glow? Will it get its blade covered in ice and do frost damage?

References:

:

two timestamps for activation of the axe 0:32sec and 1:32. And 1:11 for deactivation

Edited by Surinen