[WIP] Sanctuary : City111

qzTA6Co.png

Hello everyone. I m Hagal (the name is an acronym of my real name HAGiu ALexandru - i don't know why i used my real name on the forum ). Anyway , everything started with this picture :

BYPBqaD.png

On my last playthrough i've started building a concrete city in Sanctuary Hills (i've built a lot more than what you see in the picture above) but i've come to realize that , thanks to the game engine's problems, i won't be able to complete the city and maintain it in a playable state (high fps). Also, that i wouldn't be able to share it with anyone thanks to my huge mod list.
Anyway, i've decided to restart my project , but this time, it will be a mod and not just a settlement build. My plan is to do a complete overhaul to the whole Sanctuary Island. To build a city that looks like it could exist in the vanilla game. I plan to remove every house in Sanctuary Hills, terraform the whole island, add new buildings and try not to break any existing quests in that area. Inside the city , i plan to add 5 buildings with full interior (the townhall is excluded from this) for players to use as houses for settlers. Also, alongisde the main road, most of the buildings will have stores that players will be able to use as...well...stores. I also plan to "trash" the city , so that players will have to clean it before they can use it.
The mod is far from done. Usually, i m able to complete 1 building per day (2 if i m really in the mood or i m working on some simpler buildings). I plan to work atleast 4 days a week on the mod (on the 3 other days i m usually bussy and depending on how i feel , i might be able to build a building or not) .That means i should be able to build atleast 4 buildings a week.

Screenshots (for more screenshots/videos just check the updates bellow)

GPnaNeM.jpgF7B0rxd.jpgycrzOPY.jpg9AIziYm.jpgegZ0Xtj.jpgpbm1UJ1.jpgnxoe5fJ.jpg7VWDrHT.jpg

More screenshots HERE

To Do List:

• build the buildings (only the esentials -walls,windows,floors,stairs,lamps,balconies,etc) -Currently Working on
  • terraform (some of the terraforming will also be done while building the buildings)
  • fix quest markers and other stuff like this
  • optimize the mod
  • add in furniture that can be moved around while in workshop mode
  • "trash" the city
  • polish the mod
  • regenerate LOD
  • release

If you guys have any suggestions or want to help ( creating buildings and stuff like this ), just leave a comment here or pm me for more informations. Also, if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Edited by HagiuAlexandru

UPDATES

Update 1 : 30-4-2018

- Addeed 4 new buildings

• first buildings is just a normal building with nothing special about it
  • the seccond building has the main garage of the settlement, the one where you can find the workbench and the power armor station
  • the seccond building also features a full interior, being designed for players to use a house/apartments for their settlers (furniture comes in later)
  • the third and the forth buildings have nothing of use in the front, but in the back,there are 2 storage spaces for players to use. primarily ,those spaces were designed for growing up crops with the help of the planter (because this is will be a big city,there will be no place for crops to grow) but you can use them for whatever you want ( ex: power armor storage )

- Terraformed a lil bit more

- Played around with some sounds

Here are some pictures: https://imgur.com/a/82dI7uJ

Next week i might not post any buildings. Currently there are 2 bugs that need to be fixed first :

1. players are unable to place things on floors -the workshop items are falling through the floor
  2. players are able to select pieces (walls,floors,stairs , etc) from the buildings and scrap them

I will not be building anything new untill i fixed these 2 new bugs. I hope i will managed to finish them this week.

Update 2 : 7-5-2018

Sorry for the late post, i was sick in the morning.

- Only bug fixes this week sadly

• workshop items going through the floor | FIXED
  • players were able to scrap or move parts of the buildings | FIXED

I wasn't able to build anything this week because in order to fix those 2 bugs i had to duplicate EVERY item/object that i used/or thought that i m gonna use and then replace the items/objects that i already placed in the world with their new duplicates. While this seems easy to do, it was tidious thing to do. First i had to check what items i used, after that i had to manually duplicate each item, change the name so it will be easy to find later, for the floor items or other items that had a flat area i had to add a new keyword to each one of them so the workshop items won't go through them and then, at the end, i had to use the search and replace function to replace the old items with the old ones (i had to write the old name and then the new name, everytime i wanted to replace an item with the new one). So.....yeah, it was boring as hell and it took a lot of time.Sorry. No buildings this week :sad:

Update 3 : 13-5-2018

-Added 7 new buildings

• the first building is the corner building, nothing much happens here, as i said, it's just a corner building :smile:
  • the second and the forth buildings have nothing of use in the front or upstairs, but there are 2 storage spaces in the back for players to use however they like
  • the third building has no use but, underneath is a passage way/corridor (don't know the exact term for it)
  • the last 3 buildings have no use , except for the fact that you can build on their roofs or use the planters next to them for crops

-Added an interior courtyard

• the courtyard has 4 access ways but 3 of them are blocked in the beginning, you can unblock them by using the workshop mode
  • you can remove everything in the courtyard and use the space as an outside farm if you want
  • by using the fire escapes on the last 3 buildings, you can get easy acces to the roof

-Updated some buildings and some shops (you can see them in the beginning of the video- also,if you want to see how they used to look ,just check the old pictures)

-Terraformed a lil bit more and added a "seafront" (don't know if this is the good word) in front of the last 3 buildings

-Expanded the building area in all directions, now it covers the whole island

Here is a video if you want to see what i've done:

anEnglish---------------Detect languageAfrikaansAlbanianAmharicArabicArmenianAzerbaijaniBanglaBasqueBelarusianBosnianBulgarianBurmeseCatalanCebuanoChinese (Simplified)Chinese (Traditional)CorsicanCroatianCzechDanishDutchEnglishEsperantoEstonianFilipinoFinnishFrenchGalicianGeorgianGermanGreekGujaratiHaitian CreoleHausaHawaiianHebrewHindiHmongHungarianIcelandicIgboIndonesianIrishItalianJapaneseJavaneseKannadaKazakhKhmerKoreanKurdishKyrgyzLaoLatinLatvianLithuanianLuxembourgishMacedonianMalagasyMalayMalayalamMalteseMaoriMarathiMongolianNepaliNorwegianNyanjaPashtoPersianPolishPortuguesePunjabiRomanianRussianSamoanScottish GaelicSerbianShonaSindhiSinhalaSlovakSlovenianSomaliSouthern SothoSpanishSundaneseSwahiliSwedishTajikTamilTeluguThaiTurkishUkrainianUrduUzbekVietnameseWelshWestern FrisianXhosaYiddishYorubaZuluRomanian

Update 4 : 21 - 5 - 2018

-Added 6 new buildings

• the first building is the player's house. i've rebuilt the house in such a way that it would fit the new theme/style of sanctuary hills but it would still retain some of it's old characteristics. it should still feel somewhat familiar
  • the next 3 buildings got storage spaces at the ground level (the storage space on the second buildings is in front and it's partially under ground)
  • the last 2 buildings have no use , except for the fact that you can build on their roofs and the fact that they look nice :smile:

-Regarding the player's home/house

• it's a 6 storey building (counting the ground level)
  • it has a small carage /work area on the ground level
  • the last 2 levels are empty for you to decorate
  • you can also scrap everything in the house
  • the house is fully navmesh-ed
  • added some small mobs in the house

-Terraformed a lil bit more

-Experimented with some new things (this is my first mod and i m still learning stuff)

Sorry for the long hiatus. My graphic card died and it took me a few weeks to build a new pc ( i used a laptop before and i couldn't find a new graphic card and my only 2 options were to buy a new laptop or to build a pc) and after that i had some other things to do. But....yeah... i m back now and with a big update.

Update 5 : 19 - 7 - 2018

qzTA6Co.png

- I m changing the name of the mod from " Sanctuary City " to " Sanctuary: City111 " . The full name is "Sanctuary: City111" and the short version is just "City111"

- Added 35 new buildings (yeah 35). This is the second area in the city. The first area is basically the main street of Sanctuary Hills , with the player's house,the city hall , the shops and the storage spaces. The second area it's the "industrial area" (because it has the big factory that you can use) . Because of the space , i couldn't do more than 1 factory , but i still tried to give an industrial vibe or feel. I hope i succeeded. Sadly, there are only 3 buildings that you can enter in.

• the first one is the yellow apartments building for your settlers
  • the second one is the police station. you can use it as an actual police station or you can use it as living quarters for your settlers.
  • the third one is the factory , you can set up your own "factory" inside. if the red steel beams are in the way, just press " ~ " , select them and type "disable"
  • the forth one just has a lil shop at the ground level
  • the rest of 31 buildings are just there.

- Terraformed a lil bit more

Here is a video if you want to see what i've done

(sorry, i can't get the video to work in the post, just copy and paste the link or go to the second page and see it there)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295">

If the video doesn't work , click here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68UCR7ydOg0&feature=youtu.be

Edited by HagiuAlexandru

1. players are unable to place things on floors -the workshop items are falling through the floor = add keyword under actor value workshopstackableitem value 1.00, if a house is a static collection it don't work, as for the keyword you have to add it to all ground/floor pieces you use, easy way add the keyword to 1 piece, copy it and paste it to next, if you use lets say floor01 then adding the keyword to it, it work on all the same floor pieces, look this up and you see how it works( workshop_ShackBridge01 )

there should be a option to make stuff unscrabable but that i don't know

1. players are unable to place things on floors -the workshop items are falling through the floor = add keyword under actor value workshopstackableitem value 1.00, if a house is a static collection it don't work, as for the keyword you have to add it to all ground/floor pieces you use, easy way add the keyword to 1 piece, copy it and paste it to next, if you use lets say floor01 then adding the keyword to it, it work on all the same floor pieces, look this up and you see how it works( workshop_ShackBridge01 )
  2. there should be a option to make stuff unscrabable but that i don't know

I know, already working on it :) . Thanks anyway. It will take me a while to fix it because i will have to make a copy of every item i used. If i don't and i would just edit the default items, these 2 changes might affect another mods (mods conflict).So.....yeah, better safe than sorry

Edited by HagiuAlexandru

Very nice. Everything looks like it could very well belong there. :smile:

Just a heads-up, add regenerating LOD to your "to do" list :wink:

Thank you a lot. I had no idea that i had to do LOD. I had to search on google to find out what LOD meant :)) . Anyway. Thanks a lot. I will add that.

Update 2 : 7-5-2018

Sorry for the late post, i was sick in the morning.

- Only bug fixes this week sadly

• workshop items going through the floor | FIXED
  • players were able to scrap or move parts of the buildings | FIXED

I wasn't able to build anything this week because in order to fix those 2 bugs i had to duplicate EVERY item/object that i used/or thought that i m gonna use and then replace the items/objects that i already placed in the world with their new duplicates. While this seems easy to do, it was tidious thing to do. First i had to check what items i used, after that i had to manually duplicate each item, change the name so it will be easy to find later, for the floor items or other items that had a flat area i had to add a new keyword to each one of them so the workshop items won't go through them and then, at the end, i had to use the search and replace function to replace the old items with the old ones (i had to write the old name and then the new name, everytime i wanted to replace an item with the new one). So.....yeah, it was boring as hell and it took a lot of time.Sorry. No buildings this week :sad:

Update 3 : 13-5-2018

-Added 7 new buildings

• the first building is the corner building, nothing much happens here, as i said, it's just a corner building :)
  • the second and the forth buildings have nothing of use in the front or upstairs, but there are 2 storage spaces in the back for players to use however they like
  • the third building has no use but, underneath is a passage way/corridor (don't know the exact term for it)
  • the last 3 buildings have no use , except for the fact that you can build on their roofs or use the planters next to them for crops

-Added an interior courtyard

• the courtyard has 4 access ways but 3 of them are blocked in the beginning, you can unblock them by using the workshop mode
  • you can remove everything in the courtyard and use the space as an outside farm if you want
  • by using the fire escapes on the last 3 buildings, you can get easy acces to the roof

-Updated some buildings and some shops (you can see them in the beginning of the video- also,if you want to see how they used to look ,just check the old pictures)

-Terraformed a lil bit more and added a "seafront" (don't know if this is the good word) in front of the last 3 buildings

-Expanded the building area in all directions, now it covers the whole island