Script Causing Some Users to Crash

xxt65xx

I have a script which I have attached as a .txt

It's a Special Edition SKSE64 script that taps the sprint key on release only if the player is sprinting.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12220

I'd like someone more experienced to tell me if there's anything I could do better in my script.

I've gotten a few complaints about CTDs, I only CTD if I mash sprint after spawning a large number of NPCs.

I'm not sure why this causes CTDs, I know that on my end setting iMaxAllocatedMemoryBytes=153600 under [Papyrus] makers me rock solid stable even when stress testing.

Apparently that doesn't help some people.

Have I done something wrong, is this a problem with SKSE or something else entirely?

Edited by xxt65xx

Try this:

if Player.IsSprinting() && (HoldTime >= 0.25)

I was getting a CTD when mashing the sprint key. Now I don't anymore. It has a side effect that if you tap the sprint key quickly, it still acts as a toggle. If you hold it for more than 0.25 seconds, then it stops sprinting when you release the key. You can experiment with the value if you like.

Try this:

if Player.IsSprinting() && (HoldTime >= 0.25)

I was getting a CTD when mashing the sprint key. Now I don't anymore. It has a side effect that if you tap the sprint key quickly, it still acts as a toggle. If you hold it for more than 0.25 seconds, then it stops sprinting when you release the key. You can experiment with the value if you like.

Interesting work around, might try something similar.

Some people report crashing without mashing sprint which made me think it might be a quirky memory error with SKSE.

Still, will experiment with that -thanks!