Delete Download History?

realitiblu

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@realitiblu; No, there isn't. The download history is important for a number of behind-the-scenes functions on the Nexus, including providing statistical information that mod authors find useful.

• 3 months later...

It may be useful to them, but it sucks for users when all I see is "downloaded" on almost every mod... Seriously, this is something that's been requested for a long time. Needed for behind the scenes? Then make the option to delete it from OUR history and keep a mirrored history "behind the scenes". When I downloaded something 5 years ago, frankly, I do not care about knowing this when it's 2018. Trying to find mods I care about or that I consider core to my modded games is what this "downloaded" emblem on the mods SHOULD be for.

If you want a clean slate, you can use the button in your account settings to delete your account and register a new one? But currently no, you can't remove anything from the history. I would suggest using the tracked mods to keep a list of any you care about.

It may be useful to them, but it sucks for users when all I see is "downloaded" on almost every mod... Seriously, this is something that's been requested for a long time. Needed for behind the scenes? Then make the option to delete it from OUR history and keep a mirrored history "behind the scenes". When I downloaded something 5 years ago, frankly, I do not care about knowing this when it's 2018. Trying to find mods I care about or that I consider core to my modded games is what this "downloaded" emblem on the mods SHOULD be for.

To me it is a very handy archive for quite a number of things but above all it's a main 'endorsement' hand out portal as it gives you the opportunity within the overview to endorse as you can't endorse files at the dl page right after downloading for good reasons. And with endorsements rates being as low as they are (even for high quality mods) we can't do without it in my opinion.

I would agree with optional deletion if there would be an alternative overview promoting to endorse recently downloaded mods on the front page or something like that.

• 3 months later...

Maybe a "Hide" option would be the perfect middle ground? Then there could be a seperate section for hidden mods?

And lose my lifetime premium?

Do the Nexus devs keep their installs up in perpetuity; the inability to clear your history makes the "Downloaded" and "Update Available" tags absolutely pointless if you've ever reinstalled the game.

Maybe a "Hide" option would be the perfect middle ground? Then there could be a seperate section for hidden mods?

And lose my lifetime premium?

Do the Nexus devs keep their installs up in perpetuity; the inability to clear your history makes the "Downloaded" and "Update Available" tags absolutely pointless if you've ever reinstalled the game.

If you still have your proof of purchase, you can send in a support ticket from the new account with it and we'll link the Premium account back up :)

Unfortunately, we use the data in your history for unique downloads and endorsements (and Donation Points) so we wouldn't be able to delete it without negatively impacting that data. An option to hide entries may be something I'll bring up with the devs to see how feasible it is.

Would it be possible for the site to check in Vortex for the installed mods? So you would have the "Downloaded" tag, an "installed" tag and the "Update available" tag would only show for the installed mods.

• 1 month later...