Delete Download History?

realitiblu

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Perhaps I'm beating a dead horse, but I completely second the seemingly popular community request to add the following functionality to this website:

• Please give us the ability to remove and/or hide the blue "Downloaded" "and "Update available" tags on the mod tiles.

Like many others,there are times where I want to start a new play-through with a clean slate and try out a different mixture of mods, in which case I literally scroll through hundreds of mods looking for what I'm interested in.

As I glance through the tiles and install + test various mods, having "Downloaded" all over the place - even for all the old mods from several years back that I am no longer interested in - makes it difficult for me to track exactly which ones I've already downloaded (or not) for my most recent play-through.

The same applies to "Update available" as that becomes completely irrelevant to me if I'm not currently using that mod (especially if it's an abandoned mod from many years ago).

It seems this has been a feature requested for nearly a decade! Can't you remove the current tags from displaying on the tiles while still keeping track of the statistics internally, then perhaps add a separate tag functionality that is displayed on the tiles and can be cleared/reset whenever the user wishes?

I think that would be the best approach in preserving the important statistical data while giving us more freedom in managing the mods on the website.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

It's going to be hard to make me believe that creating a copy of my log history in some ways, and creating a delete button on our side that would just delete the log from MY history is impossible?

The copy will still be there, and yours statistics will be safe.

Are you really telling us this answer ?

Come on ... it's 2020 !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As someone who tries out all kinds of mods and then ends up removing them after a play through, I would love the ability to just hide the ones that were a one shot for me. I hate going through 30+ pages of "downloaded" mods just to find the ones I want again...

• 4 weeks later...

"Not possible" isn't a thing here. "We're not gonna do it for some unfathomable reason that has nothing to do with technical capabilities, especially given the numerous OTHER updates to the site since the beginning" IS the thing. And its a thing common to lots of content providers out there who want us to pay them for what they want to give us and don't give a rat's about what we want/need. I'M LOOKIN' AT YOU, SPOTIFY, and HULU, and etc. Not giving us a reasonable UI is why I STILL don't pay for Spotify.

Hiding is easy. It's a simple option to NOT display something in a list. First year programming students do it all the time. Just do it and then we'll all stop whinging at you.