Delete Download History?

realitiblu

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest deleted34304850

It is literally unbelievable that this isn't implemented yet.

unnecessary use of "literally" and it's entirely believable. the mod download history is used in a variety of places in the back end and removing it would break a ton of stuff and that would "literally" give you reason to whine.

• 2 weeks later...

Just found out this wasn't a thing for some reason, the hard way. Recently got a new pc (and complete wipe), and nearly every mod for Skyrim SE (the fallouts are WAY worse) in the first 30 or so pages of most popular of all time have the "downloaded" or "update available" banner, I now regret trying out so many mods because I have no idea what my most recent configuration of mods were. It's gonna take me days to sift through everything, I just assumed Vortex communicated with the website and flagged your currently installed mods with the banners, but I guess that's what I get for assuming, maybe a system like that would be too complicated? But being able to remove the banners yourself seems super basic, why is this not a thing?? Guess I'll just make a new account like heaps of others probably already have for this exact reason and in turn inflate the download statistics, maybe that's why this hasn't been implemented? To inflate download numbers?

Guest deleted34304850

Just found out this wasn't a thing for some reason, the hard way. Recently got a new pc (and complete wipe), and nearly every mod for Skyrim SE (the fallouts are WAY worse) in the first 30 or so pages of most popular of all time have the "downloaded" or "update available" banner, I now regret trying out so many mods because I have no idea what my most recent configuration of mods were. It's gonna take me days to sift through everything, I just assumed Vortex communicated with the website and flagged your currently installed mods with the banners, but I guess that's what I get for assuming, maybe a system like that would be too complicated? But being able to remove the banners yourself seems super basic, why is this not a thing?? Guess I'll just make a new account like heaps of others probably already have for this exact reason and in turn inflate the download statistics, maybe that's why this hasn't been implemented? To inflate download numbers?

yes that's entirely the reason. let us know how you get on with your second account, won't you?

How would not being able to delete your download history inflate download numbers? The downloads of a mod are tracked in two ways: unique downloads and total downloads. Unique downloads tracks the total number of people that have downloaded the mod. Total downloads tracks the number of times the mod has been downloaded by the unique number of people that did download the mod. The only way to inflate the numbers is by, as you suggested, breaking the ToS and creating accounts beyond your initial one.

• 5 months later...