Morrowind May Modathon Month 2018 - A Modding Competition for the Community!
- I Have a Feeling that You and I are About to Become Very Close By ThatDwemerGuy
- Sophisticated Save System By NullCascade
- Modelling for Morrowind with RubberMan By RubberMan
- Just A Simple Name Generator By Aleist3r
- Samarys Ancestral Tomb Expanded By PikachunoTM
- Main Quest By ThatDwemerGuy
- Remiros' Tomb Expansion By Remiros
- Tel Uvirith LITE By Mala
- Better Dwarven Spectres - Mer and Maidens Edition By Melchior Dahrk
- Hlaalu Furniture Pack By RubberMan
- Ghost Sound Modder's Resource By ThatDwemerGuy
- Simple Item Addition By Aleist3r
- Controlled Consumption By NullCascade
- Melchior's Magnificent Manuscripts By Melchior Dahrk
- Happy Harvesting By NullCascade
- A Glorious Hairdo By Aleist3r
- Better Moon and Star By King Feraligatr
- PikachunoTM's Mesh Artifact Improvements and Replacers By PikachunoTM
- Voiced Therana By Danae
- Almighty Artifacts By Abiel0530
- Expeditious Exit By NullCascade
- Recursive Cliff Racers for TES3MP By NectarineGriefer
- Purist Friendly Magicka Regen By Remiros and Greatness7
- To Save a Falling Wizard By Lady Phoenix Fire Rose
- Anvils By Tizzo
- Bungler's Bane and Hypha Facia HD By Remiros
- Olive the Enchanter By EnvyDeveloper
- Guar Taxi Service By Merlord
- Skill Restoration By Leonardo
- Severa Magia DB fix By Corsair83
- Ashmelech Reborn By Istreddify
- Mainland Mercs By Stripes
- Frostwind - A Camping Survival Mod By Merlord
- Insta Arrest By King Feraligatr
- Sound of Souls By NullCascade
- Liberate Morrowind - Chapter I By Gavrilo93
- Blacksmith Tools By RubberMan
- The Stone Halls of Solstheim By Corsair83 & PikachunoTM
- Paxon the Pack Rat By Tizzo
- V.A.G.W (Vvardenfell Ancestor Ghosts Weaponized) By Aleist3r
- Dwemer Mace of Doom By Aleist3r
- Permanently Perished By NullCascade
- Swamp Rocks By CptJoker
- M'Aiq on the Mainland and Other Mods By Rot
- Morrowind Resources Scanner By Abot
- Starfire's NPC Addon - Westly's FCOT By Corsair83
- Sane Ordinators By FJW
- La cabane de Boulimat By GHBarbu
- Nationalist Nerevarine By Gavrilo93
- An Elit Merchant By Aleist3r
- Pete's Journal 2018 By Petethegoat
- Big Head's Precious Forks By Guinefort1
- Cliff Racer Ring Resource By Aleist3r
- Memory Monitor By NullCascade
- Proportional Progression By NullCascade
- CHIM - Movement and Stamina By Halbenull
- Serpenthis Ancestral Tomb By Lord Berandas
- Pluto and Charon Moons By Pherim
- Unique Rings Tweaked By Aleist3r
- Bitter Coast Redux I - Landscape Textures By CptJoker
- Sand Retexture By Remiros
- Dynamic Difficulty By NullCascade
- Easy Escort By NullCascade
- Tribunal Rebalance By Mort
- Darknut's Dwemer Player House By Darknut
- Bloodmoon Rebalance By Mort
- Real Crime and Justice By SpaceDevo
- Diligent Defenders By NullCascade
- Lorkhan's Lunar Legacy By CptJoker
- Cesia Residence By Rashiel
- K.E.K. (Katana Edition Keening) By Aleist3r
- Darknut's Umbra Replacer 2018 By Darknut
- Muttering Madstone By Abiel0530
- Vaba-Amus Companion Character By TheDrunkenMudcrab
- Time Flies By CptJoker
- Dreamed Yams - the Morrowind Edition of Steamed Hams By Redondepremiere
- Draugr Diversity By Grond1911
- Poison Crafting By Greatness7
- Yashga Orc Companion By AlandroSul
- Higher Faction Requirements By King Feraligatr
- The Forgotten By Team Horny Skulls
- Dremora Overhaul By Ignis-of-Vinheim
- Full-fledged Dagon Fel Mages Guild By Half11
- Sea of Sound By CptJoker
- Blim-Dim Getting an Upgrade By ThatDwemerGuy
- Mage Robes By Melchior Dahrk
- Fix Those Bastard Rope Fences By EJ12 & Petethegoat
- Putting Power In Willpower By R-Zero
"The Road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began. Now far ahead the Road has gone, and I must follow, if I can, pursuing it with eager feet, until it joins some larger way where many paths and errands meet. And whither then? I cannot say." - J.R.R. Tolkien
In the early days of May 2002, a little game came out called The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. It would go on to save Bethesda Softworks from bankruptcy, sell millions of copies, and become the most popular game for modding at the turn of the century. Now, 16 years later, over 23,000 mods have been released for Morrowind between Morrowind Nexus and Morrowind Modding History and the modding community is still going strong, with over 600 mods released last year alone.
In order to celebrate the 16th Anniversary of Morrowind, we're doing something special, we're holding a May Modathon Month! Throughout the entire month of May, participating modders on the Nexus , The Assimilation Lab and GHF who submit Morrowind mods could get a chance to win indie or AAA games each week. Likewise, all participating mods will be entered to win the Mod of the Month Award, with a ton of games as a prize.
Not only that, but all winners will get trailers, special showcases, and numerous video features on Morrowind Modding Showcases. And the winner of the Mod of the Month award will naturally get featured in our Mod of the Month series, celebrating the best mods released for Morrowind each month. Not only that, but this year we're also handing out achievements, little badges that you can unlock and plug into your mod download pages!
This year we're doing something a bit different, we're adding achievements to the competition! These are little badges that you can unlock and plug into your mod download pages, and we have over 50 to give away! Release a quest mod? Achievement Unlocked! Get over 100 downloads? Achievement Unlocked! See the full list of achievements down below. Some of these achievements are rare or unique, others are common, and still more (about 9) are hidden and can only be unlocked by accident or chance. Try and collect as many as you can and become a Modding Master of Madness!
Full Achievement List:
- Champion of Madness - Sheogorath Mastery - Have a Mod named Modathon Mod of the Month
- The People's Choice - Vivec Mastery - Most Endorsed Mod
- Numbers Matter - Jim Stacey Mastery - Most Downloaded Mod
- Army of One - Divayth Mastery - Most Prolific Modder
- One in a Million - Yagrum Mastery - Most Unique Mod (Judge Vote)
- Panel Pleaser - Crassius Curio Mastery - Highest Overall Judge Preference Score
- This Functional Family - Athyn Sarethi Mastery - Highest Overall Functionality Score
- Of Course I'm An Expert - Neloth Mastery - Highest Overall Creativity Score
- Clockwork Precision - Sotha Sil Mastery - Win the Mod of the Month with a MWSE Mod
- A Show Of Power - Almalexia Mastery - Achieve at least 25 endorsements and 1000 downloads with a Modathon Mod
- You Are A Credit To Your House - Aryon Mastery - Achieve at least 25 endorsements on a Modathon Mod
- Cliff Racer Fly So High - Cliff Racer Mastery - Release at least 5 mods for the Modathon
- Lesh Make A Deal - Mudcrab Merchant Mastery - Achieve over 1000 downloads on a Modathon Mod
- Let Me Tell You A Story - Larrius Varro Mastery - Achieve at least 10 endorsements on a Modathon Mod
- Triple Threat - Naked Nords Mastery - Release at least 3 mods for the Modathon
- I'm Creeping! - Creeper Mastery - Achieve over 100 downloads on a Modathon Mod
- Double Trouble - Release at least 2 mods for the Modathon
- No N'Wah Allowed - Release a mod using only vanilla assets
- Jack-Of-All-Trades - Release a mod for Modathon that covers at least four categories (e.g. landmass, quests, player homes, etc...)
- Adventures Await - Release a Quest Mod for the Modathon
- New Horizons - Release a Landmass Mod for the Modathon
- Why Travel Alone? - Release a Companion Mod for the Modathon
- I Like the Way You Look - Release a Graphics Mod for the Modathon
- Morrowind is Home - Release a House Mod for the Modathon
- Shiny New Toys - Release an Items Mod for the Modathon
- Let Me Tweak That - Release a Gameplay Mod for the Modathon
- The Only Game In Town - Release a Town Mod for the Modathon
- Better Take A Torch - Release a Dungeon Mod for the Modathon
- These Boots Are Ruined! - Release a Creature Mod for the Modathon
- Let Me Immerse You - Release an Immersion Mod for the Modathon
- Papers, Please - Release a CharGen Mod for the Modathon
- The Choice Is Yours - Release a quest mod with more than one outcome option
- Apprentice Of The Clockwork God - Release a mod which uses MWSE for the Modathon
- You and I Are About to Become Very Close - Cooperate with at least one other modder to release a Modathon Mod
- Many Fall, But One Remains - Release a mod which touches on the original Main Quest for the Modathon
- Novice of Madness - As a New Modder, release your first mod for the Modathon
- Veteran of Madness - Release a mod in two or more Modathons
- CHIMming It - Release a mod in three Modathons in a row
- City of Light, City of Magic - Release a mod in Mournhold for the Modathon
- Seen Any Elves? - Release a mod on Solstheim for the Modathon
- Rebuilding Tamriel - Release a mod which takes place in Mainland Morrowind or another Province for the Modathon
- It's Always Better Together - Release a TES3MP Mod for the Modathon
Participation and How it Works:
You can participate by leaving a short note in the mod description page of your mod at Morrowind Nexus, The Assimilation Lab and GHF that includes "Part of the May Modathon Month" somewhere near the top of the description.
Every week two-three different modders will be selected at random to win a single AAA or Indie game, and the way this works is that we'll compose a list of all participating mods released that week, plug them into a random number generator, and the top three results we get back will be the winners for that week.
If you win in one of these weekly drawings, I'll send you a message on the Nexus, GHF, TAL, or some other forum board notifying you that you've won and providing a list of three games you can choose from as your prize. If you already own all three games, or want to specify a particular genre of game you want as a reward, I'll send you an updated list to choose from.
The second way you can win is through the grand prize, the mod of the month award with 5~8 games as prizes. This award is determined by a panel of three secret judges who'll be going through and rating each mod in the entire event on a simple numerical scale.
The scale they'll be using can be found below:
- 4 Points for Mod Creativity or Innovation (What does the mod do? Is it well designed? Unique? Add something new?)
- 4 Points for Judge Preference (How well the judges liked the mod)
- 2 Points for Mod Functionality (Cleaning, Works, Are there bugs?)
The total points possible for any mod is 30, or a 10 out of 10 from each judge. In the event of a tie, we should have enough games to go around for all.
Indeed, we have over 100 games in stock to give away, so if you collaborate on a mod with someone else, regardless of which of the two ways you can win, everyone involved will still get something for their efforts.
Overall this competition and giveaway is pretty easy to understand, and there aren't a whole lot of rules involved, but there are a few things we should clear up just in case.
First, all types of mods are perfectly acceptable. From texture replacers to gameplay tweaks to content mods like house mods, quest mods, or dungeon mods. All of those are fine and will be accepted for the competition! The only kind of mod that will NOT be accepted is cheat mods, i.e. placing a barrel full of loot in the middle of Seyda Neen or placing a daedric longsword in the Census and Excise Office. Cheat mods like that will not be considered for the competition.
Also, for the first time ever, we'll be accepting tes3mp mods for the competition! That means mods designed to work in tes3mp, or Lua scripting features like new gameplay modes. Both will be accepted!
Second, all submitted mods must be, at least for the most part, safe for work. Questionable content is acceptable so long as it isn't the entire mod, remember we have to showcase these and we can't showcase adult-themed mods on the channel!
Also, it should be pointed out that for larger mod projects, you can submit a demo or playable beta of your mod as part of the competition and it'll be perfectly acceptable. I do need to stress that it must absolutely be playable though. Any mod that crashes to desktop upon loading the game will not be considered.
Remember, this only applies to mods released in May, so let's all get to modding and make this the 16th Anniversary that Morrowind deserves!
If you don't know how to mod, check out our Let's Mod Morrowind series for a visual guide to modding - including interiors, basic scripting, and quest design.
If you have any questions about this event, please leave a comment or send me a message!
Want to check out our past Modathons? You can find playlists of the 2015, 2016 & 2017 Modathon competitions down below!
- Modathon 2015 - The First Annual Modathon - 15 Mods Released
- Modathon 2016 - The Second Annual Modathon - 29 Mods Released
- Modathon 2017 - The Third Annual Modathon - 29 Mods Released
Edited by darkelfguy, 02 June 2018 - 10:07 AM.