[Question] Change Soda Bottle Exterior Glow Color

MrMod89

I've figured out how to change the color of the interior glow on Nuka-Cola/Vim bottles (Like Nuka Cola Quantum).

I don't know if anyone read my post on that, but I need to be more specific in this post. Some might remember that I was working on a mod called Soda Heaven. I've changed the glow color of one of the bottles I'm working on. It's uses Vim Refresh as the base. Even though the bottle glows pink, the color that hits the ground is green. I refer to this as the exterior glow color. I've been scratching my head as to how to change the color of that. I see that it's a seperate item in the object viewer. But when I view Use Info, it's blank.

I hope this isn't too hard to understand. If need be, I'll provide photos.

It’s been a while since I’ve tinkered with anything like this but I think you need to change the value of the AddOnNode of the bottle mesh in Nifskope. If I recall, that’s what determines the color and intensity of that external glow light source...it’s essentially a light source attached to the mesh itself. There might be to more it than that (other uses: flames, sparks, etc.), but for the Vim and Nuka bottles that what that node does IIRC.

AFAIK there is a set range of colors based on available node values programmed into the game so you’ll have to find an existing one that’s close to the color you want.

This mod page has a list of all the vanilla and DLC AddOnNode values in spoilers in the description.

This is a modder’s resource that I believe has examples of them all in a specially created cell along with the associated value.

You might start by trying a value for one of the Nuka World flavors from the first mod I listed, apply it to your mesh and see if that does the trick. It it works, you’ll just need to find a value closest to the color you want.

EDIT: Just played with this to confirm and yes, you need to change the AddOnNode value of the mesh. I used 621 on a Vim Refresh and it now has a nice Nuka Love purple glow to it.

Edited by RedRocketTV