How to turn off the alarm at the Mechanist's Lair?

SirGalahad

Seriously, no one knows?

Maybe it's a glitch in my game. Check google—there is exactly one other post in the entire world asking the same question. Apparently, this is not common, and I need to stay out of the Mechanist's Lair, as the alarm seems to get louder the longer I stay there....

Maybe you're just that dangerous. :-P

Isn't there a terminal in the office with all the robots? Maybe there's an alarm switch in there.

If not, I wonder if the alarm is attached to an object in the lair. Since it's a settlement, look for anything klaxon-like and scrap it.

Maybe you're just that dangerous. :-P

Isn't there a terminal in the office with all the robots? Maybe there's an alarm switch in there.

If not, I wonder if the alarm is attached to an object in the lair. Since it's a settlement, look for anything klaxon-like and scrap it.

We were trying to track down the source this morning, but could not. It is loudest around the area you have your big fight at. It sounds as if it were coming through the walls or floor from an adjacent area we cannot access.

There is a terminal in the Mechanist's control room, but no option for any alarm. :confused:

The alarm should shut off once you accessed the main terminal in the Mechanist's control room where all the small robots are keyboarding away. This is after you're done talking with the Mechanist and she redeemed/saw her error/you killed her and the facility is yours.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got to this point, and there was no alarm once I completed the quest, so yeah, your play-through might be glitched. I'm assuming you did in fact access the terminal and speak with the Mechanist as Jimmy pointed out.