Custom mesh is invisible

Hello, I'm back again with a new issue. ^^

After I solved my texture problem, I'm having another issue where my mesh is invisible. It simply does not show in the Creation Kit or in game. And I'm not sure why since this hasn't happened to me before. I have assigned it to the correct body slots, so I'm not exactly sure what is happening here.

Here is my Block List:

Well.... Obviously this mesh is possessed by demons and must be excised immediately. :devil:

I've never had NifOpt freeze on me, so that's a new one.

So, it doesn't crash the CK, or the game, correct? It just doesn't show.

What version of Body Slide are you using? I ask this because I notice you have NiTriShapes instead of BSTriShapes. Which when you load the mesh into the SSE version of Outfit Studio you should get a prompt asking if you want to Optimize the mesh for SSE and that would turn all of those into BSTriShapes.

Edit: You did take that mesh out of the meshes folder to run NifOpt on it, yes?

Edited by TheWilloughbian

Hahaha! :laugh:

Well, here is my "workflow". I export my mesh as an Obj out of Blender into Outfit studio for Skyrim 2011 and copy the weights there so I can open it in NifSkope 1.0.0.4, so I can flip the normals in there, because the latest version of Nifskope doesn't allow me to do that. Then I open this .nif in Nifskope 2.0 to add the textures and configure the settings. That's why I have NiTrishapes.

If I use SSE Outfit Studio I can then only open the nif that I export from here in Nifskope 2.0 but my textures won't work correctly there because the normals are flipped. But I have tried importing it this way as well and the mesh still doesn't show.

I saw that my "BSDismemberSkinInstance" has almost nothing in it, but looking at vanilla meshes shows me it should have all those nodes inside as well. Could that be the cause?

At this point the best I can offer is to have a look at the mesh for you. You might have to go back into Blender and manually make sure your faces are all pointing in the right direction. It sucks, but sometimes there's no way around it. You just have to do the work. You could try Recalculate Normals, but chances are there will still be faces going the wrong way. At least it will give you a start though.

But I don't think OS for Oldrim Will give you an SSE compatible mesh on it's own.

Shoot me a PM if you want me to take a stab at the mesh.