I have a question, im tryharding to import some new textures and start modding for this game, I already figured how to extract .earc and .btex files, also reimporting .dds textures into the .btex files and back to .earc.

But im stuck now, cause my game show an error at start: "Menu\DynamicTextureLoader.cpp(87):path != nullptr"

Concretly modifying the "autoexternal.earc" from datas/character/nh/nh00/model_010/sourceimages/ cause the error to pop up.

So first i've checked the .dds files incase they have some name/compression/resolution mismatch and they didnt (same mip maps, same intel dx10 compression...).

I rebuild it again to be sure but still dont get rid of the error, textures also dont work ingame obviously if I ignore the error.

I only edited the next 6 files:

from nh/nh00/model_010/sourceimages/autoexternal.earc (the one causing the error)

nh00_010_cloth_00_b.btex

nh00_010_cloth_00_b_$h.btex

nh00_010_cloth_00_n.btex

nh00_010_cloth_00_n_$h.btex

from nh/nh00/model_010/highimages/autoexternal.earc

nh00_010_cloth_00_b_$h.btex

nh00_010_cloth_00_n_$h.btex

I also mounted all the original .btex non edited files back to the autoexternal incase someone ask... Btw I dont know if my process is correct:

-Extract original autoexternal.earc using ffxvscout.

-Reimport the modded .dds into correspondent .btex with quickbms.

-Create new file with ffxvscout.

-Insert all the .btex files into that new file and save.

-Copy/save the new autoexternal inside correspondent FFXV folder.

I used quickbms, ffxvscout and photoshop.

Now I'm gonna try if is possible to just pick the original autoexternal and inject the modded .btex via quickbms instead using ffxvscout to create a new file. Ill post result.

Any help would be so much appreciated!

Tried to inject the files but quickbms dont seem to work with the autoexternal.earc so i used "Add archive" function inside "Create File" on ffxvscout and added the original autoexternal.earc and manually replaced the textures and saved the new file.

Still dont work... (Using this method make the file a bit lighter, i noticed when i inserted the original autoexternal, ffxvscout auto mark the "encrypt file headers" and "has loose data" boxes so thats the cause of lighter file.

Last thing I'm going to try is to recreate but unmarking these options. If it dont work i'm done, ill wait someone who help me...

So seems like nobody's there... I got rid of the error, was saving the normalmap as color instead normal, i know. Dumb.

Now the texture looks perfectly fine ingame but whenever a light enlightens me (specially visible with camp light and at night) all the texture turns blue/super shinny/pixelated/weird, I can get rid of this if i delete/change the customized normalmap and put the original back in, so seems like theres the problem (anyways, with the new normalmap all looks plain no matter what dont know why apart from the lighting problem?).

So what im doing is pick the new 4k texture i did, use nvidia plugin to create the normalmap and then saving as .dds (with intel plugin, as normalmap, uncompressed, mip map from layers). I also tried simply editing the original normal but even if i do minor edits the lighting problem persists.

Searching on mr.google found an old skyrim thread where they say to create a non shinny texture you need to insert an alpha mask into the normalmap is this also needed on FFXV texture modding? If thats the case, what are the steps?