Tucked Hair question and General Hair Problem

RFAurora

I know the file isn't hosted here, but I'm using the Tucked Hair mod that was hosted on the old Bioware Social Network. I installed DA:O on my new PC and got around to installing all of my old mods, along with some new ones. I installed Tucked Hair not knowing that it needed the Tucked Hair Chargen Morph File as well or putting it in with the toolset. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get the tucked hair_chargenmorphcfg file or how to get the tucked hairs to work with the game without using the toolset. I am also encountering a problem with NPCs not having hair. Most notably King Aeducan, Teyrna Eleanor, and several dwarves in the dwarven noble origin. In addition, Herren in Dragon Age Origins Awakening was missing his hair and clothes. I thought it had to do with Improved Atmosphere, so I removed that and mods that were dependent on it and restarted both my Human and Dwarf Nobles, but I still have the same issues. The addons I have installed,(And I'm sorry for the huge list it will be) are as follows. Please keep in mind that Qwinns Fixkpack for DAO was installed today after removing IA.

For Origins:

Qwinn's Fixpack for DA:O Ultimate; Apostate Clothing; Armor of the Black Fox; Armor of the Sten along with Armor of the Sten - Reblanced Stats; DahliaLynn's Alistair Epilogues - The Royal Wedding, Extended Dog Talents and Extra Dog Slot, Far Song for Owen, FtG UI Mod V 2.1, Improved Chain Lightining(Friendly Fire), Kirkwall Exports, Armored Ogres of Ferelden, Chantry of Ferelden with the Temporary Chantry Fix optional, Grey Wardens of Ferelden, DA2 Grey Wardens Legacy of Ferelden, Mages of Ferelden, Noble Couslands of Fereldan, Templars of Ferelden, Armor of the Devout, Lock Bash, Leliana's True Sacred Ashes Armor along with the Normal Map override, No Helmet Hack 1.6, Morrigans Improved Robes, Sustained Toggles, DahliaLynn's - Alistair's Visible Kiss, Madd Gift Guide, Anyone Can Marry Alistair, Wardens Keep It, Bidelles Cosmetics, Black Hair is Black Hair, CC Extra Tints and Tones, Chargen Package v1, Eyebrow Presets, Noble Looking Alistair, Pineappletree's Vibrant Colors v1.31, Dragon Aged Redesigned, Revamped Headmorphs 2.0, Better Mage Rings, Improved Warden Oath v2, Buy Lloyd's Tavern, Dark Ritual Deleted Scene - Dark Promise v1.02, Make Console Commands Visible, Desire Demon HD Retexture, Lady of the Forest HD Retexture, More Hairstyles v0.51, Ogre HD Retexture, White Teeth v1.1, Dragon Age Redesigned, DA2 Isabella and Flemeth to DAO, DA2 Merrill and Marethari for DAO(although I've never really gotten either to work), EDR Hawke Family in Lothering +the Bethany File, Farewell Ser Gilmore(plus all optionals), Female Hawke at Ostagar, Ghost Elves, DLC Transfer to Awakening Patch, Tranquil Tattoo - Origins - Tranquil Tattoos and Head Morphs, The Phoenix Armory for Females.

For Awakening:

Mght of the Dalish - Arcane Warrior Armor Items for Awakening - Arcane Warrior Set, Awakening Endgame Cutscene fixes, Joining Ritual Fix for Awakening Companions, Baroness Reward Fix, Lock Bash for Awakening, Awakening Silverite Mines Bugfix, Armor Rune Drop Fixes, Awakening Blackblade Armor Dragon Drop Fix, and Awakening Rune Fixes - DWE HAL to armor - CIR SIL to weapon.

I should also mention that I ran the DA ChargenMorphCompiler after installing all the files that have conflicting ChargenMorph files.

@olnorton; Thanks for helping, but better to point people to the site tmp authorized to host that mod.

Or better still, to the "BioWare Continuity Network" (BCN) catalog that helps people find lots of the mods that used to be found exclusively on the BSN.

[Links to follow.]

Edited by Thandal
Added links.

Okay, so I did fresh reinstalls of Bidelles, PineappleTrees, Tucked Hair including the chargenmorph, more hairstyles and the compatibility fix for both more hairstyles and PT's Vibrant colors, CC Extra Tints and Tones, Chargen Package, Black Hair is Black, and LoTC's eyebrows. I have also downloaded, but not installed the optional compatibility files from More Hairstyles. I ran the ChargenMorphCompiler, and am seeing these red flags for hairs. Could these be causing the issues I'm seeing in game?

Human Female Hair: hf_har_mora_0

Hairs Dwarf Male: dm_har_ogra_0

Human Male Beard: hm_brd_duca_0

Dwarf Male Beards: dm_brd_ogra_0

Hair Colors: t3_har_gry. t3_wpn_gld, t3_shd_drb, t3_arm_rst, t3_arm_ibk, t3_arm_tmp, t3_arm_lst, t3_arm_gld, t3_arm_drb, t3_cor_h02, t3_cor_b01

Skin Colors: t1_skn_q01; Eye Colors: t3_wpn_dsk, t3_wpn_stn

Eye Makeup Colors: t1_mue_bk1, t1_mue_bk2, t1_mue_bk3

Brow Stubble Colors: t1_stb_gry

Crew Cut Colors: t1_stb_gry

I'll use the chargenmorphcompilers bad references removal tool and see if that helps. If not, I look forward to your input.

Well, it wasn't in those files, because Teyrna Eleanor is still missing the back of her head even after making a new Human Noble. I guess at this point it would be best to uninstall every mod added and go through one at a time starting with what works.

You are barking up the wrong tree, with regard to 'broken' NPC appearances.

The chargenmorphcfg.xml file is not used for, and does not affect NPC appearances. At all. Period. Full stop. The XML can even be completely absent from override, and heavily modded NPCs will still display properly, as long as the assets called by their MOR files are present and correctly installed.

The chargenmorphcfg.xml file is ONLY used to determine what assets are available to the player character in the Character Creator.

Thank you. Reinstalling mods now just to see what might have broken. You did not have to come off all rude though. I was just floating ideas as I have no idea what goes on in the mods unless they conflict. I have no clue what to look for when it comes to conflicting .mor files or how to track them down.

And thank you for informing me that I am rude. My apologies, and I won't weigh in on your issues again. Best of luck chasing things down.

I apologize for calling you rude. I did some searching after getting the mods reinstalled, and found some duplicate .mor files installed by Revamped Head morphs and another mod that I suspect is DAR. I tried deleting one of each of the duplicate .more files I came across, but it had no change on the Teyrna.