CK keeps CTD in certain cells

well I keep getting CTD within the CK, when I go to add or remove something. Its not I all cells but in a couple that I need to work on. The house mod I'm making has many external and internal cells. About 15 external cells and about 20 interior cells. Ive been trying to add a few more display items to the main house in the master bedroom and a hatch in the kitchen to add a basement for storeage for the kitchen. I can duplicate and drag into position in the master bedroom, but if I go to add a static version of an item to use in the display the CK CTD's. When I go to delete an item in the kitchen so I can add the hatch, then I get the same CTD. The CK freezes, I get the symbol on my curser showing its trying to load, then I get a message saying the ck has stopped working and it CTD. Its not in all cells as I loaded up a serperate cell, one to the arena area ive add and tried adding the static version of the drawknife to that cell and it was ok. I used the same item for testing purposes so I would know its nothing to do with the item. If there is a reason for this, such as too much stuff in the area or too many activators or something like that, then its unfortunate but if its something I can do to stop this happening it would be the best possible out come. Any advice would be welcome.

yeah I got It thanks, ill speak to the MA you suggested. Ive kinda branched out to a little side bit of the mod ive been thinking about doing. I had the issue arise yesterday, and thought it was just the CK, it was very buggy yesterday. Ill contact the MA you suggested, but I do realise that MA's don't always have time on their hands to help. What with their work lives personal lives and putting out the work they do. Ive kinda got the script issue I had fixed, I managed to find a mod that does what I wanna do, that also had open permissions to use the assets from the mod. I'm just pissed, I saved most of the scripting bit to the end, and wish I hadn't. lol, I usually do it with nav meshing too, but id rather a day of nav meshing than 1 hour of scripting lol. I do really appreciate all your help though. It seems any time I post an issue I'm having you pop up and offer advice. Itll be remembered in the credits when the mod is released. You've been a big help on so many different parts of the mod.

I enjoy the hobby and discussing it. Besides at some point I'm going to need scripting help. :D It's good to form alliances.

Over time I've managed to get a general overview of the CK. I found my specialty seems to be importing custom assets and I'm getting a good handle on world spaces.

The issue your having I would normally attribute to a bad mesh or texture, but if it works in some cells and not others, then I'm not sure what it could be. Could be some of the flags in the editor view, maybe? Might be the collision on the NIF? Hard to say without seeing it in front of me.

Do you know about the preferences window?

Click File> Preferences

There's a lot of options there to get the render window to behave a little more smoothly.

The Highest I've gone is 85 but that was in a worldspace that didn't have much in it. Start Low and work your way up.

After you do that, try unticking "Allow Render Window Cell Loads" under the "render window" tab. This will keep the render window from reloading every time you move the camera to get a better view of what you are working on. Might help with stability when working on exteriors. You'll need to turn it back on when you want to load a new cell. You'll see how it works.....

Like I said, this stuff might help with some of the crashes. Though it may not directly solve the issue this thread is about.

Edited by TheWilloughbian

thanks a lot I didn't know about the preferences. I only started modding because I couldn't find a home I wanted so decided to make my own. I found I actually enjoy modding more than the game now lol. Ive got a basic understanding and can do most bits, something I need to use a tutorial for, but I made sure to get comfortable with the ck by spending a couple of weeks just messing about with it and not saving. I also took a few small requests from people after making my first house mod just so I could get more comfortable with it. This time ive done a bit more with this house, gave it its own world space, made scroll crafting table and bits like that.

As for scripting, if you can read a script but not good at writing them, you could always do what I did the other day, I spent the day looking through mods that do what I want to do and had open permissions,downloading them manually, then opening the BSA. now the script might not do exactly what you want, but as long as you understand it you can manipulate the script to do what you need it too do.

Ill definitely look into the preferences though it may help. Even if it don't help, itll expand my knowledge and may help with future projects too. Can I ask what what your current project is? I know you said it involves a custom land mass. These mods interest me most, Ive not been able to work for years, Ive played skyrim on most platforms since it was released and that's why I got into using mods to expand the game. No land masses normally add more to the vanilla game, with less agro with mod clashes and that and adds new quests or areas to explore. I got to a position where I don't even need to let the npc tell me what to do, just go collect the quest and go do it. So new land masses mean you actually have to look and listen to what you need to do.

oh if you need to learn how to read scripts, I would recommend using some of Darkfox127's tutorials. if he uses a script, he provides the script as a modders resource, but he also explains what it does line by line. After a few of his tutorials youd be able to read the script. I use a lot of his tutorials, as he takes it slow and explains what needs to be explained. I personally believe his tutorials are amongst the best there are.

it looks amazing. Absolutely beautiful. It must have taken months. Ive been working on my current mod since end of jan beginning of Feb, it would get lost in your mod. It looks amazing, Wouldn't wanna be you when it comes to nav meshing though lol. Sorry it took a while to get back to you, for some reason its not updating until I leave and go to mods then come back.

did you ever seen star wars episode one? It reminds me of the planet where the jedi have their council and that. The picture with the dragon really shows of its size. will it be released when its finished or is it just a personal mod/ experiment as you said it started?

It's mostly my thing to tinker with. I do it because it's the mod I'd like to see. The thing about "publishing" is then you have to support it, which can get overwhelming. Besides, not everyone is into the notion of a futuristic Tamriel. I'm not saying I wouldn't like to share it, but it isn't my primary motivation. Some people build model cars, I like to build my model city. As I said I enjoy playing with the Creation Kit and I like talking with other people who do too. Gotta keep the Moon Men at bay somehow. o_O