Heavy Traffic ×

Invalid email addresses and you

Dark0ne

In response to post #59743831.

fredlaus wrote: I get the message, yesterday too, but there are no verification mails from you?
I have just installed "No Scripts" tool in Firefox. Has that got anything to do with this?

Please try again, we fixed an error in our mail script yesterday that meant some people weren't getting their verification emails when we briefly tested it.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #59743831. #59744151 is also a reply to the same post.

fredlaus wrote: I get the message, yesterday too, but there are no verification mails from you?
I have just installed "No Scripts" tool in Firefox. Has that got anything to do with this?
Dark0ne wrote: Please try again, we fixed an error in our mail script yesterday that meant some people weren't getting their verification emails when we briefly tested it.

No verification.
Edit:
I have turned "No Script" off and sent the confirmation but still no verification mail. Edited by fredlaus

In response to post #59741771. #59742766 is also a reply to the same post.

Dennywood wrote:

Hi Dark0ne,

I want to change my mail adress, I lost my ancient password. How can I send you my new adress?

Dark0ne wrote: You can update your email address here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email

I did it with your link a few minutes ago, I have not recieve any activation code yet or no any answer. I thought it's automaticaly done. How many time must I wait for the mail answer from you? Edited by Dennywood

Oh, I can relate in regard to those support tickets. Given all the hubbub about Facebook recently, and in the run-up to GDPR, you'd think people would be glad we're being strict about who we send account info to.

I am one of those members who opened a support ticket because of this message. It was not to blame you for some reason. The reason I opened a ticket was simply that the veryfication did not work yesterday. My current email on nexus is valid and has been valid for a long time. Although I tried to verify but I got no notification mails yesterday. Today it worked. I veryfied and the message is gone. So the ticket is obsolete now. However there is still one question: When there were e-mails bounced for some reason - how can I get them? Is there a way to deliver the mails again to my account? Maybe there were important messages under it...

Oh, that's what that about. I actually was a bit worried about the site being hacked and trying to phish me because I get other emails on that account without any kind of issue. Nexus is one of the very few places where I use my main email account.

After that shenanigan, I checked my account and noticed some of forum notifications had turned on again by themselves but I never got any email. Could it have been because of the site changes? Maybe it created some bugs?

I know that I had left all email options off because I don't like to be spammed with "bla posted this", "bla answered your comment" and so on.

I suppose that could be the reason of the bouncy emails for me.

For the record, I have never had any problems with email notifications in the last 10 years. I have not changed my settings in years.

(Just checked and noticed that today I completed exactly 10 years with the Nexus. Yay!!)

The first thing I did was to open 'Nexus' in another tab and come here to verify the validity of the verification... it seems that the verification is valid and has been verified by the Boss.

Ta, all done.

In response to post #59741771. #59742766, #59747426 are all replies on the same post.

Dennywood wrote:

Hi Dark0ne,

I want to change my mail adress, I lost my ancient password. How can I send you my new adress?

Dark0ne wrote: You can update your email address here: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email
Dennywood wrote: I did it with your link a few minutes ago, I have not recieve any activation code yet or no any answer. I thought it's automaticaly done. How many time must I wait for the mail answer from you?

Finally, I also updated my new adress from the Orange Notice and it worked, I recieved your notice of verification by mail. Thank you. :)