I made a bat file for resetting my quest in question.

ResetQuest 00022a04
ReloadScript MS13
ClearQuestAliases 00022a04
SetQuestAliases 00022a04

(Diamond City Blues quest)

My characters just stand around.

What do I do to fully reset the quest AND the NPC's involved.

I have tried the following with the NPC's
resetai
disable
enable
Nothing happens

disable
resetai
enable

Nothing happens

I would like an option that does nto require Tes5Edit or other technical things just console commands if possible.

Try setstage 22a04 210 in the console.

That's the stage where you have to intimidate Henry Cooke.

IT said quest started and everything, but nothing happens when I go into the area the quest takes place they just sit there and 2 out of 3 characters eventually walk away.

I was wondering if I complete all the stages of the quest using console commands, if the NPC's would react like they are suppose to and be doing what they would be doing if I did it the natural way?

OR of recycleactor works like it says.

Try setstage 22a04 210 in the console.

That's the stage where you have to intimidate Henry Cooke.

IT said quest started and everything, but nothing happens when I go into the area the quest takes place they just sit there and 2 out of 3 characters eventually walk away.

I was wondering if I complete all the stages of the quest using console commands, if the NPC's would react like they are suppose to and be doing what they would be doing if I did it the natural way?

Well, you can try every next step of the quest through console entries. Here's a wiki page with a walk-through and all the stages halfway down. I've had it before that I needed to use a certain stage in the console to further a quest. Once you have a stage that works, things progress as intended. Sometimes (usually on glitches caused by some or other mod) no stage works apart from the one that ends the quest successfully. A bit of a letdown, of course, but if there's no other way...

I hope it works out for you.

Missed the bit about recycleactor... that command doesn't do anything for the quest (to my knowledge), it just resets the actor to a standard setting ("a" as opposed to "the" since the clothes may vary). Haven't got a clue if it does something different to actors that have more dialogue than the average NPC. I've used it a couple of times on settlers that had something wrong with them, but it's so long ago and so seldom I don't even remember what the outcome was.

Well, you can try every next step of the quest through console entries. Here's a wiki page with a walk-through and all the stages halfway down. I've had it before that I needed to use a certain stage in the console to further a quest. Once you have a stage that works, things progress as intended. Sometimes (usually on glitches caused by some or other mod) no stage works apart from the one that ends the quest successfully. A bit of a letdown, of course, but if there's no other way...

I hope it works out for you.

It is finished with the help of you and the page you listed.

But yeah it did leave me feeling a little letdown that one of the NPC's did not end up where he should of after taking the path I did in the quest line. But he was not someone I could have in a settlement so I will get over it. Thanks again.