ResetQuest

quest bug fallout problem help

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Journeyman

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

I made a bat file for resetting my quest in question.

ResetQuest 00022a04
ReloadScript MS13
ClearQuestAliases 00022a04
SetQuestAliases 00022a04

(Diamond City Blues quest)

My characters just stand around.

What do I do to fully reset the quest AND the NPC's involved.

I have tried the following with the NPC's
resetai
disable
enable
Nothing happens

disable
resetai
enable

Nothing happens

I would like an option that does nto require Tes5Edit or other technical things just console commands if possible.

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 10,832 posts

Try setstage 22a04 210 in the console.

That's the stage where you have to intimidate Henry Cooke.

Journeyman

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

IT said quest started and everything, but nothing happens when I go into the area the quest takes place they just sit there and 2 out of 3 characters eventually walk away.
I was wondering if I complete all the stages of the quest using console commands, if the NPC's would react like they are suppose to and be doing what they would be doing if I did it the natural way?

OR of recycleactor works like it says.

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 10,832 posts

IT said quest started and everything, but nothing happens when I go into the area the quest takes place they just sit there and 2 out of 3 characters eventually walk away.
I was wondering if I complete all the stages of the quest using console commands, if the NPC's would react like they are suppose to and be doing what they would be doing if I did it the natural way?

Well, you can try every next step of the quest through console entries.  Here's a wiki page with a walk-through and all the stages halfway down.  I've had it before that I needed to use a certain stage in the console to further a quest.  Once you have a stage that works, things progress as intended.  Sometimes (usually on glitches caused by some or other mod) no stage works apart from the one that ends the quest successfully.  A bit of a letdown, of course, but if there's no other way...

I hope it works out for you.

JimmyRJump

JimmyRJump

MoralMinority

• Premium Member
  • 10,832 posts

Missed the bit about recycleactor... that command doesn't do anything for the quest (to my knowledge), it just resets the actor to a standard setting ("a" as opposed to "the" since the clothes may vary).  Haven't got a clue if it does something different to actors that have more dialogue than the average NPC.  I've used it a couple of times on settlers that had something wrong with them, but it's so long ago and so seldom I don't even remember what the outcome was.

Journeyman

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Well, you can try every next step of the quest through console entries.  Here's a wiki page with a walk-through and all the stages halfway down.  I've had it before that I needed to use a certain stage in the console to further a quest.  Once you have a stage that works, things progress as intended.  Sometimes (usually on glitches caused by some or other mod) no stage works apart from the one that ends the quest successfully.  A bit of a letdown, of course, but if there's no other way...

I hope it works out for you.

It is finished with the help of you and the page you listed.
But yeah it did leave me feeling a little letdown that one of the NPC's did not end up where he should of after taking the path I did in the quest line. But he was not someone I could have in a settlement so I will get over it. Thanks again.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quest, bug, fallout, problem, help

Page loaded in: 1.320 seconds